Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options
Help...I'm back in school and working late to boot! I'd like to throw things in the crockpot so that my family can eat while I'm at school and I can eat when I get home. I need super easy low prep stuff...for example...tonight I have chicken breast in the crockpot covered in salsa and I've got individual brown rice cups. Tomorrow I'm thinking of putting ground beef, water and taco seasoning in the crockpot and letting it cook all day and making tacos. I don't mind soups either cause I'll just make grilled cheese on the side. Give me your favorite easy recipes PLEASE!!

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SpazyK
    Options
    You can get chicken (drumsticks, thighs) - put them in the crockpot and cover with any kind of BBQ sauce. I've made this a few times and it is delicious!! The meat comes right off the bone because it's been cooking all day - so yummy!! I usually serve with corn or roasted potatoes (EVOO, S&P grill in the oven).

Hope this helps!!:happy:
  • LaurieB5578
    Options
    You can get chicken (drumsticks, thighs) - put them in the crockpot and cover with any kind of BBQ sauce. I've made this a few times and it is delicious!! The meat comes right off the bone because it's been cooking all day - so yummy!! I usually serve with corn or roasted potatoes (EVOO, S&P grill in the oven).

Hope this helps!!:happy:

It certainly does! This is exactly the kind of recipe I was looking for. Thank you!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i made "lazy man cabbage rolls' the other day in the crockpot [could do reg ones as well..

just chopped up cabbage and onion put it in the crock pot.
    put in some ground beef [broken up so its doesnt cook as a big lump lol
    1 cup of rice
    can of diced or crushed tomatoes poured over top
    and about a can [from the tomatoes] of water poured over top
    set on low and let it go

check on it at somepoint incase you need more water for the rice..i think i put mine to cook a bit too long and so rice was a bit mushy but still enjoyed it :)

most recipes call for can of tomato soup but i didn't see the need for the extra cals :)
    its in the data base if you type in cabbage rolls you will see lazyman ones, i think it's like 2 Cups for 200 something cals :)

easy recipe to adapt to your own tastes.

I also do pretty much any kind of meat with soup

so like a roast with onion soup
    chicken or pork chops with cream of mushroom soup

there are lots of stews, soups, lentil stew, and rice type casseroles out there too if you google :flowerforyou:

i really need to start using mine more often.
  • katie517
    Options
    I love pulled pork in the crock pot.

I use tenderloin (it's a little more expensive, but leaner and easier to use). Just put a loin or two in with BBQ sauce and cook on low/med for 8 hours. I used one bottle of sauce for two loins and then I usually add a squirt to my sandwich. It's great in pitas.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Especially now with Summer Veggies in great supply - we chop of zucchini, squash, eggplant, carrots, potatoes, corn, onion, mushrooms garlic and peppers, add a can of the jalepeno or basil diced tomatoes, then chunks of chicken.

Easy chili - two packages of ground turkey(sub chicken or beef if you like), can of corn, can of diced tomatoes, Beans, container of mushrooms, two bell peppers, a hot pepper of your choice, some cayanne spice, can of low salt chicken and rice soup. This can be good to go in 20 minutes or less, or low and slow all day.
  • katie517
    Options
    Bump! I am also looking for more low-cal crockpot recipes. Keep 'em comin!
  • LaurieB5578
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm i usually google a bunch of mine but this site is really good
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/foil-packet-tilapia-crockpot-recipe.html

This link goes to a specific (good, but not calorie-wise) recipe at a great website. Always read her "review" section after the recipe description, as some of them aren't yummy and some of them are. I really like the gyro recipe and this tilapia one.

I :heart: my crockpot and have chicken taco meat in it right now.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44517-crock-pot-chicken-tacos?hl=crockpot+chicken+tacos#posts-462742
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    A favorite in our house is as follows:

4 chicken breasts
    2 cans Campbell's low fat cream soup (we use chicken, but you can use anything)
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 TSP flour

Throw the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the 2 cans of soup overtop. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1/2 hour before finished mix cornmeal & flour together. Sprinkle on top of mixture.

The result? Yummy creamy chicken with a cornbread type crust on top. YUM.
  • LaurieB5578
    Options

4 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 TSP flour

Throw the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the 2 cans of soup overtop. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1/2 hour before finished mix cornmeal & flour together. Sprinkle on top of mixture.

Holy Yummyness Batwoman!! This sounds sooo good! Thank you
  • LaurieB5578
    Options
    You guys all have great ideas! Thank you!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    i made "lazy man cabbage rolls' the other day in the crockpot [could do reg ones as well..

just chopped up cabbage and onion put it in the crock pot.
    put in some ground beef [broken up so its doesnt cook as a big lump lol
    1 cup of rice
    can of diced or crushed tomatoes poured over top
    and about a can [from the tomatoes] of water poured over top
    set on low and let it go

check on it at somepoint incase you need more water for the rice..i think i put mine to cook a bit too long and so rice was a bit mushy but still enjoyed it :)

most recipes call for can of tomato soup but i didn't see the need for the extra cals :)
    its in the data base if you type in cabbage rolls you will see lazyman ones, i think it's like 2 Cups for 200 something cals :)

easy recipe to adapt to your own tastes.

I also do pretty much any kind of meat with soup

so like a roast with onion soup
    chicken or pork chops with cream of mushroom soup

there are lots of stews, soups, lentil stew, and rice type casseroles out there too if you google :flowerforyou:

i really need to start using mine more often.

MMMMM I have to try this - I have a cabbage in the fridge!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

4 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 TSP flour

Holy Yummyness Batwoman!! This sounds sooo good! Thank you

I've always done the chicken and soup - LOVE the crust idea - gotta try it next time
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I need to go buy a crockpot.. :bigsmile:
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker: