Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred as well and wanted to know how to track it under the exercise journal as it is not in the database. Any advice?

I did the 30 days in January and then i was using it for Cross training with my running but after my 10K on sunday I'm dropping my running down to 2 days a week and doing the Shred 2, cardio, shred 2, cardio, rest routine. Do we just do that for a month or actually count the shred days up to 30?

I log it as Circuit training -20 minutes. But I don't have a HRM so I don't know how far I'm off.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of Level 1 and I've started having some knee problems. The jumping jacks are the worst, believe it or not. I'm just going to switch out that move for the butt kicks or punches and keep going.

Good luck everyone! (and watch your knees!)
  • lmbigsby
    lmbigsby Posts: 36
    Options
    I added each level individually as an cardio exercise and use my HRM for calories burned.
  • carolina2768
    carolina2768 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day THREE!! add me!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I have my dvd.. just looking for the perfect day to start haha xx

How about today??!!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred as well and wanted to know how to track it under the exercise journal as it is not in the database. Any advice?

I was wondering that too. I'll look for an online calculator or something. I know they have wrist watches that can track burned calories but idk how accurate they are.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I was wondering that too. I'll look for an online calculator or something. I know they have wrist watches that can track burned calories but idk how accurate they are.

I put it under Circuit Training (20 minutes). I don't track the warm-up time.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just got it and popped the dvd in last night to warm myself up to it.

I was able to get past the first set without dying!

i'm going to work my way through it and then fully start the routine on Monday.

Am I the only guy doing this?

Anywhoo, good luck! I guess I should do before and after pics as well.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just got it and popped the dvd in last night to warm myself up to it.

I was able to get past the first set without dying!

i'm going to work my way through it and then fully start the routine on Monday.

Am I the only guy doing this?

Anywhoo, good luck! I guess I should do before and after pics as well.

For sure do the before and after pics. They are ALWAYS such a motivation to oneself and others.
  • punkychikk
    Options
    this is my 3rd day of 30 Day Shred and it's amazing! kills me....but amazing..i cried the first day. it technically should go under circuit training, just don't count the before and after stretching time. i've been doing it twice a day in hopes to get the soreness out of my muscles quicker. i'm hoping to keep pace and start level 2 on day 11...i took a peek at it and already started preparing the hot packs for my muscles...lol
  • JulesR42
    JulesR42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 and it is fab. Good Luck everyone and keep going because it is worth it !!
  • kandismarie
    kandismarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    s
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    Ok so I took before and during photos.. I am on day 6, fully engaged every work out. I took a pic.. and I am really not trying to brag but I had to show what has happen so far....

Project00-6.jpg
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm buying it tonight and starting tomorrow!! Add me :)
  • Nicolearredondo17
    Nicolearredondo17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on it Level 1 Day 3.
  • elmarko123
    Options
    Guy here, on day 4 of level 2 - it's a good workout (but I'd reccomend going for the advanced technique if you can) & make sure you use bigger weights (I'm using 2 10 pound ones atm, aim to switch to higher next week) - swapping those weights makes it quite a good workout for guys also (has me half dead by the end of level 2) - level 1 is MUCH easier, but level 2 is more interesting - looking forward to pushing upto level 3 at the end of next week
  • ajparsons80
    Options
    I did that challenge but didn't do the whole 30 days because I hit the gym and did some classes with some friends. I did love that workout and I am planning on starting it up again. I love Jillian Michaels, and I think if there is any way to lose weight this challenge is it. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy it.:smile:
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to. Where could I get the 30 day shred callenge details, etc... :tongue:
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Level 2 today. I'm so nervous! :)
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did 30 days a while ago and then kept it in my regular DVD rotation. I plan to start another 30 day round on Monday.