Which one is more important.. Looks or Personality

Options

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Personality trumps looks for me. I learned to shy away from good-looking guys in my dating years. I probably overlooked some perfectly nice guys just because they were too handsome, but I had some bad experiences, and I'm happy with my final results.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I think both play a role, but the one thing that in my opinion helps gives a relationship a higher rate of success is compadible personalities. :)

Gonna agree with this. Both have their places and the moments where they are more important than the other but at the end of the day if you both (or you several for those who do the polygamy thing) get along and can appreciate or overlook odd quirks/faults then that's about what matters. Because really they could have the nicest personality on earth or could be God's gift to humanity as far as looks but if your own personality can't mesh with them then it doesn't matter because you'd have walked away.
  • Aleyonce
    Aleyonce Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Neither. I base all relationships on astrological signs and sexual talent.

Lol you are funny. I saw your post about handsome and you made me laugh. I have to agree with the astrology aspect of it. I do believe it to an extent.
  • catcufflings
    Options
    well usually someone catches my eye because they are good looking, though sometimes good looks doesn't mean a great personality.

For me it's a bit of both.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Someone who takes pride and cares about themselves and taking care of themselves is personality. Looks are a natural side effect of that.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Personality.

Pretty can get pretty ugly real quick.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I ask this question because recently this guy wanted to date me but i just could not find a way to be attracted to him physically. He had a nice personality but look wise, i couldnt even say he was cute. Im not saying im the best thing since slice bread but geeez. I felt bad about it :(

Don't feel bad. He wasn't your cup of tea. It doesn't matter if he was nice, younhave to be some what attracted to someone. If you're to then you're living a lie and feelings will be hurt in the end. Better to just be honest up front.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Personality and sense of humor. Looks can be distorted, if your a jerk you start to look less attractive and if you're cool and have a great personality any perceived flaws disappear. That is why there is a thing called chemistry :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    I ask this question because recently this guy wanted to date me but i just could not find a way to be attracted to him physically. He had a nice personality but look wise, i couldnt even say he was cute. Im not saying im the best thing since slice bread but geeez. I felt bad about it :(

Don't feel bad. He wasn't your cup of tea. It doesn't matter if he was nice, younhave to be some what attracted to someone. If you're to then you're living a lie and feelings will be hurt in the end. Better to just be honest up front.

Very true... i just hope i didnt make a mistake.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Personality has a way of making people look good or bad. Personality is more important to me.
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    personality, no question about it. there's nothing sexier than a great sense of humor. good looks can't hurt, but personality is the key.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Personality!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Here's a chapter out of my life. Girl A - a former stripper. Great looking woman but oh dear God the drama (I was young and didn't know any better). Almost getting into fights because of her when we were out. Bipolar like behavior between very affectionate and outright fury. Very little trust - I wonder why? Happy in public but miserable in private.

Girl B, not as attractive but we had a fun, hilarious, active life. She put up with my snarky humor and gave some back too. She was a prankster like me and we were truly good friends.

If you had a choice? Mine would be Girl B every time.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Both. I don't want someone drop dead gorgeous, but I would like to be able to look at them (or think about them) without feeling like I'm about to lose my lunch :smile:
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    Here's a chapter out of my life. Girl A - a former stripper. Great looking woman but oh dear God the drama (I was young and didn't know any better). Almost getting into fights because of her when we were out. Bipolar like behavior between very affectionate and outright fury. Very little trust - I wonder why? Happy in public but miserable in private.

Girl B, not as attractive but we had a fun, hilarious, active life. She put up with my snarky humor and gave some back too. She was a prankster like me and we were truly good friends.

If you had a choice? Mine would be Girl B every time.

Wow Girl A sound like a mess. Are you with Girl B now?
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nope. I could never date someone I wasn't attracted to.
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Girl B moved but we keep in touch. She's married now and I'm married to a Girl B+ now. :love:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Looks are a funny thing; they can disappear so quickly when the personality sucks. Whereas, a less attractive person can become super attractive and sexy after getting to know her.

Another thing, when my mom went through her 15 year breast cancer battle, her boyfriend endured things that I just don't know that I could deal with. But, her looks faded and she became bald, and had a mastectomy, and all that, and he still loved her. No one thinks about those kinds of things. But, you really should. If that person you're with became disabled in some way, would you still be with them?