50 pounds down....basically.

Options

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to them, surround yourself with people who think youre awesome and doing a fantastic job! Congrats, you are making such great progress and you are looking fab! Your body is thanking and loving you. Be proud and hold your head high - and keep on punching! Go girl!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what people getting out of being mean to someone else.

You are doing an awesome job!
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is crazy to me that people would do that. When I see someone running, walking or biking past my house and I have the door open I yell, "GOOD JOB!" Maybe I am a bit of a dork, but I know how much it would mean to me if someone did that while I was walking, jogging or riding. Just keep up the great work. Riding your bike to and from the gym is amazing! What great dedication you have.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    you know what?

It's entirely possible that people have yelled that at me countless times. However, I'm deaf. I guess there's an advantage!

Sorry they were jerks, but you did great and the photos show it!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You seem like you are doing a great job of taking care of yourself. You are losing weight, getting in shape, and your body is obviously transforming! Unfortunately, for that person you can't exercise or eat right away a terrible soul. Keep on pushing, lady. You are doing fantastic and you look wonderful!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    The stupidity of people never quits amazing me... in a not good way. I would just like to say that while to them you may be fat, but really you are beautiful because you are you. They don't know your struggle and they are probably sad or depressed on the inside too. It is just easier to point out others' problem areas or that they are "fat" because it makes them feel big and happy for a moment.

Your progress is amazing and in such a short amount of time. I am so glad I saw your post tonight. I wasn't going to work out but now I am because I see what is possible. =)

One last food for thought for you... you are making yourself better for you, just tune those haters out.. they have no idea. One day it very well could be them that is getting ridiculed and they won't be half as strong or successful as you. There's no cure for stupid.. just brush em off, I know it's hard but your progress speaks for itself. Good luck on your journey, one day today will be a distant memory. People are just so mean =(
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. Keep doing what you are doing cuz it is obviously working!

I've seen too many posts like this one lately. Trying to figure out where these people are that say things like that because where I come from you just do NOT say anything like that. Now you may say "Bless her heart, she's trying so hard." or something to that effect, but you certainly don't shout rude remarks at people you don't know. Some people were just raised with no manners or tact. And that kind of person, is not worth wasting your time worrying over. You've got this.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It was probably some kid who will end up fat himself one day and regret his words. At least, we can hope.

You're making great progress. Don't let anyone discourage you!
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The stupidity of people never quits amazing me... in a not good way. I would just like to say that while to them you may be fat, but really you are beautiful because you are you. They don't know your struggle and they are probably sad or depressed on the inside too. It is just easier to point out others' problem areas or that they are "fat" because it makes them feel big and happy for a moment.

Your progress is amazing and in such a short amount of time. I am so glad I saw your post tonight. I wasn't going to work out but now I am because I see what is possible. =)

One last food for thought for you... you are making yourself better for you, just tune those haters out.. they have no idea. One day it very well could be them that is getting ridiculed and they won't be half as strong or successful as you. There's no cure for stupid.. just brush em off, I know it's hard but your progress speaks for itself. Good luck on your journey, one day today will be a distant memory. People are just so mean =(
    Thank you so much, I am so glad I inspired you to workout. Go get those endorphins. =]
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. Keep doing what you are doing cuz it is obviously working!

I've seen too many posts like this one lately. Trying to figure out where these people are that say things like that because where I come from you just do NOT say anything like that. Now you may say "Bless her heart, she's trying so hard." or something to that effect, but you certainly don't shout rude remarks at people you don't know. Some people were just raised with no manners or tact. And that kind of person, is not worth wasting your time worrying over. You've got this.
    Thank you. You're so nice. =]
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You should feel bad for that person - how stupid and shallow they are. YOU are looking great and making healthy changes in your life. You can totally see a difference. Next time you're at the gym see that idiot's face in your mind and kick his butt!!!!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is a great accomplishment! Congrats! Some people are just going to be jerks so you can't let it get to you.
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Sometimes people just suck.......but your doing great, 50 pounds thats awesome!:happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Always remember. Fat cells come and go and can be let go of with determination and hard work. Ignorance and stupidity is ingrained and a lot harder to lose. You are ahead of the game! Rather, I pity those ignorant people who are going to go through life being unhappy and friendless no matter what they do.
  • elainebinns
    elainebinns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you are a real inspiration to the rest of us, who are just starting the journey!! thanks for sharing your amazing progress _ i hope i can get to a 50 pounds loss one day too. :smile:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Woooooooooooo 50 lbs down!!!! Go go go!!! You got this, guuuuurl!!! You can do ittttt!!!! *cheers* *applause* Don't give up!! Keep going! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :D
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Ignore the haters and do it for you!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Could be that the person was jealous of your efforts to make yourself fitter and healthier and slimmer - maybe it stirred something inside him that made him feel bad that he wasn't making the same efforts, and rather than do something about the real issue it is easier to make himself feel good by being mean to you. I applaud not only your efforts and amazing results, but also your attitude. The term 'down but not out' came to my mind. Momentarily it got you down - but you picked yourself up and did something positive. Well done to you! Wishing you every success in the rest of your journey - you will get there !
  • erinscribbles
    erinscribbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job! The person shouting out the window at you is a bully, probably insecure in some way, so he/she has to put someone down to feel good about themselves.

I like your spirit! Instead of letting it get you down, you got right back up and posted some pictures on the internet of all places that takes a lot of courage to post. You are truly and inspiration to any that get discouraged by the jerkiness of others. For each of us, it is our own individual journey. We can't have other people lose the weight/get healthier for us, but having the support we all get from these message boards with others who have experienced the same journey makes it so much easier to keep going. Bravo!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sadly those people aren't even worth the time you spent writing about them - sorry you had to have that done to you though. You have an awesome attitude - your confidence IS worth more than anything, and the extra weight is only temporary with your attitude! So keep it up - you've done an amazing job so far :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!