What is your favorite cereal?

Options
what are some good cereals that have good health benefits? im tired of oatmeal every single day!!!! lol

Replies

• SaraThePrincess
    Options
    Kashi
  • soxygirl
    Options
    Cheerios! Great source of Fiber and low in cals.

Also, Special K has a ton of yummy flavors now -- the Vanilla almond and Red Berries are VERY good, and low in cals, too!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am not sure about the health benefits of it, but I LOVE Yogurt Burst Cheerios. It is great for traveling and it can be eaten just like popcorn or chips when you are watching TV or at work.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Kashi's Heart 2 Heart Ceral, Fiber Ones honey clusters, and Special K fruit & yogurt
  • taralarick
    taralarick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kashi brand cereals are really good. In particular, their Golean cereal and both the Golean Crunch! versions. The regular Golean has 13 g of protein and 10 g of fiber with only 140 cal for one cup! I really like it with blueberries and keifir or skim milk!
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    I usually have fruit and nuts for breakfast, so I don't actually eat this but I love nesquick and peanut butter puffs. Mmm.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    kashi golean:tongue:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I have celiac disease so my cereal choices are limited but, honestly, I prefer rice chex with a fresh banana cut up on top!:flowerforyou:
  • HaleyEwest11
    Options
    i love cherios with blue berries or strawberrys on top.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters and Special K.....yum.....can't wait for breakfast now:smile:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    My favorite THIS month is Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters!!! :bigsmile:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats with Amonds.:heart:

I say Amonds because when they pick them almonds off the tree they beat the "L" out of them.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Plain 'ole bran flakes with a half a banana sliced on top and a sprinkle of flax seed.
  • cynnyscott
    cynnyscott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All Bran Yogurt Bites has 40% RDA of fiber. I have it with fruit, yogurt, sunflower seeds and flax seed. YUM!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Do Fruity Pebbles count? :) I'm currently loving Special K with Strawberries...and of course my old standby, Honey Bunches of Oats!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal!! But for cereals, try Kashi (GoLean is high fiber, high protein), Cascadian Farms Organic line (Fiber Right Honey Crunch, or for something sweet the kids cereals like Cinnamon Crunch or Clifford Crunch are my kids favorites), Nature's Path has a good line too (Pumpkin Flax Granola, Peanut Butter Granola, Flax Plus MultiBran, etc).

I prefer cereals w/ no HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), no artificial sweeteners (Fiber One uses aspartame) and higher fiber.
  • mappy
    mappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a dessert - but its breakfast cereal.

Layer items in your bowl in this order:

1/2 cup lowfat granola
    1 small sliced banana
    1/2 (small 6 oz container) fat free vanilla yogurt
    just a sprinkle of more granola
    1/2 cup sliced strawberries, or blueberries, or blackberries, peach, whatever
    The rest of the yogurt
    sprinkle of granola or fruit - for top garnish

You'd be surprised by the amount of food in your bowl. I serve this to guests for breakfast all the time. No cooking required. Served in small a glass bowl this breakfast is also quite pretty.
    :flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    This sounds like a dessert - but its breakfast cereal.

Layer items in your bowl in this order:

1/2 cup lowfat granola
    1 small sliced banana
    1/2 (small 6 oz container) fat free vanilla yogurt
    just a sprinkle of more granola
    1/2 cup sliced strawberries, or blueberries, or blackberries, peach, whatever
    The rest of the yogurt
    sprinkle of granola or fruit - for top garnish

You'd be surprised by the amount of food in your bowl. I serve this to guests for breakfast all the time. No cooking required. Served in small a glass bowl this breakfast is also quite pretty.
    :flowerforyou:

Yum Yum:tongue: Really does sound like dessert! About how many calories is this per bowl? I'm too lazy this evening to figure this out:laugh:

Thanks for posting:flowerforyou:
  • bunny_98
    bunny_98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i alternate between raisin bran, honey bunches of oats with almonds, and frosted mini wheats. they have lots of fiber and protein and taste great too. one cup with one cup of skim milk is always around 300 calories and gets me full until snack time!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of Kashi - I also love Multigrain Cheerios.