weigh ins - how often??

Options
2»

Replies

• BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every night. I would only do this though if you can deal with the numbers fluctuating day to day. I bounce around 2-3 lbs from day to day. I use the weight as measure of progress to see if I'm really sticking with my calorie and workout plan over the long term, but I like to track it on a daily basis. I'm a data geek!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I very rarely weigh in, maybe once a month. I don't like to rely on the weight, because I feel it doesn't tell me the truth. I might lose 5cm around my waist, but gain 2kgs. That's why I stick to tape measure and body fat % :)

I only check once a month as well, also use a tape measure to check my measurements more than go on the scale because I have a lot of muscle so I may have lost a couple of inches around my waist but gained a few pounds as well!
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, but I only record it on MFP on Tuesdays. Tues is my "official" weigh in day, it keeps me honest during the weekend! Sometimes I weigh myself after I run just because I'm curious, but otherwise I weigh every morning.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I actually log my weigh ins on Tuesday of each week. I may weigh myself here and there, maybe almost even once a day, but I don't pay it any attention, really. I'm amazed I'm at the point where I can do something like that and let it go! I am also able to cheat and not feel guilty about it! Don't know what caused my new attitude...
  • matchfitin5
    Options
    Saturday mornings after my morning workout :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week or every other week at the same time of day on the same scale... gym clothes, no shoes...

Tuesday 6pm at the gym b4 I work out.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Thursday mornings for me. I used to weigh daily but found it discouraging and ultimately led to my failure at sticking with healthy eating. Now I weigh weekly, and have more patience for results.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning.
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    EVERY 7 DAYS...AFTER BATHROOM BEFORE BREAKFAST...

15471426.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • thelittleinu
    thelittleinu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just once a week right after I wake up. There are a lot of little fluctuations that might not really be significant, so daily might be too much, and you don't want to obsess over a number either. However, if daily weighing works for you, that's okay too.
  • TrishaB74
    TrishaB74 Posts: 43
    Options
    I weigh in every other day. It keeps me motivated. If I see it's gone up by even a few ounces, I will make sure my workout last a bit longer that day :-)