girls with curly hair...

Options

Replies

• mandylyn30
    Options
    Organix Coconut or Shea products. Wash scalp only, condition entire head w/ Fructis or Organix, then comb through large amount of Organix Coconut or Shea conditioner (I have very thick, coarse, curly hair and I use about a palmful on each side of my head...sounds crazy but my hair soaks it up in no time) and allow to air dry. Best curls EVER! If you have dry curls as most curly heads do, this is great to decrease the dryness.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just started using this and really like it; R & B: http://www.lushusa.com/R-B/03080,en_US,pd.html a little goes a long way.
    I use Potion 9: http://www.sebastianprofessional.com/en_US/products/flow/product.jsp?id=100004
    I also use Moroccan Oil.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just use Moraccan oil.

just bought some of this--it was like 50 bucks ...YIKES!

The bottle I use is like 8 bucks and I get it at wal-mart/target/grocery store.

http://www.organixhair.com/product/penetrating-oil
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    Interested in knowing what people use. My curls are tight and can be frizzy with no product and sometimes even with.
    What do you ladies use when straightening your hair to protect it?

I use Moroccan Oil, it is awesome and leaves my hair super soft. I have very very thick coarse curly/wavy hair and all I do is straighten my hair in the morning and use 1 small teaspoon of this stuff and some light holding hairspray and my hair is good to go for the rest of the day. I've never found anything I liked as much as I like this stuff!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have this one...

moroccanoil-oil-treatment-three-four-oz-278x278.jpg
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Interested in knowing what people use. My curls are tight and can be frizzy with no product and sometimes even with.

I use Moroccan Oil, it is awesome and leaves my hair super soft. I have very very thick coarse curly/wavy hair and all I do is straighten my hair in the morning and use 1 small teaspoon of this stuff and some light holding hairspray and my hair is good to go for the rest of the day. I've never found anything I liked as much as I like this stuff!!

Awesome, thanks! I'm gonna have to buy this stuff. My hair is dry and curly and looks thick but when I straighten it, it's actually thin. So if it works on yours it should work on mine.. hopefully.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Subscribing. My poor 14yr old daughter has super fine, ultra curly hair. Needless to say, she's not really pleased with it.
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here's my arsenal:

Shampoo and conditioner: TIGI Foxy Curls, Deva Curls Low-poo & One Condition, TIGI Moisture Maniac, Natura Cachos Marcantes (from Brazil)

Mousse: Finesse (the pink one and the orange one), Frizz Ease

Deep Conditioning: MoroccanOil Restorative Mask and the oil

I rotate my daily products, as I feel my hair "gets used" to them, and deep condition once a week.

Good luck!
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options

Awesome, thanks! I'm gonna have to buy this stuff. My hair is dry and curly and looks thick but when I straighten it, it's actually thin. So if it works on yours it should work on mine.. hopefully.

It is a little expensive, but I was spending way too much money on store products that left a lot of buildup on my scalp. This is also great stuff for those that color their hair :smile: I bought my bottle (see picture above in another gal's post) it has lasted me three months now. A little bit goes a long way that is for sure. I'm in ND so extreme weather conditions with cold and dry to hot and humid the next. This will work anywhere for anyone! I had gotten a sample of it first from my hairdresser and then bought the full size version because I fell in love.
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    LOVE this topic!!! DevaCurl all the way!! You can get it on Amazon, but I go to a stylist trained for curly hair. Have never been happier with it.

Anyone recommend certain devacurl products? There are so many !
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I smooth herbal essence - tousle me softly finishing cream and then spray aussie sydney smooth spray on my damp hair after washing. It's a little stiff, but it makes my curls come out quite nice. :smile:
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I use tresemmee products (the shampoo and conditioner is moisture rich) and aussie sometimes.
    My hair is beyond frizzy unless I use these, i've heard fruit based products like garnier and herbal essences cause more damage in the long run because of the acid in fruit.

these two brans I use are pretty inexpensive as well :)
  • alawra
    alawra Posts: 8
    Options
    I've tried everything! My hair is medium-coarse, and medium-thin. Aveda "Be Curly" Curl enhancing lotion (~$25) gets the best results for me.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have never found anything better than It's A Ten Miracle Leave In conditioner - it leaves your hair so soft and frizz free!

http://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Product-4-Ounces/dp/B000TKH6G2

I also really like Organix Brazilian Keratin shampoo/ conditioner/ treatment products - it relaxes my curls into a nice loose curl/ beach wave.
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My arsenal include Natures Gate conditioner, kinky curly knott today leave in conditioner, kinky curly curl custard for hold, sometimes curly girl's curls in a bottle for lazy days, aragan oil or olive oil, joiwhip deep conditioner. Rinses with Apple Cider Vingear are also good every other week. Since I stopped using sulfates and silicones my long hair has become much more managable and the curls have been much more tame and defined. The site I always go to for suggestions and research is the naturally curly website, where you can find more info about devacurl and Massey's book that was previously mentioned. Hope it helps!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Subscribing. My poor 14yr old daughter has super fine, ultra curly hair. Needless to say, she's not really pleased with it.

If she wants to relax her curls a bit, grab Organix Keratin Brazilian products. They relax your hair while leaving a looser, beach wave type look. If she likes that she can graduate into the big leagues and get a professional Brazilian Kertin blowout from a salon.

If she likes the super curl look, I suggest a three fold attack. Grab a diffuser for her blow dryer, a volumizing spray (I like bedhead/ catwalk products), and a good defrizzing conditioner (curly hair doesn't need shampooing often) for some sweet curl action.
  • kwikstop
    kwikstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hated my curls all my life. Until I got the ouidad haircut two years ago. I use the leave in conditioner and styling gel along with it. My hair has never looked so good as it does now. I get compliments on it all the time.

For shampoo I and conditioner I use the loreal ever sleek for curly hair.

I highly recommend checking out a ouidad certified salon in your area.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just use Moraccan oil.

just bought some of this--it was like 50 bucks ...YIKES!

Coconut oil is cheaper and I like it more.

Check out http://www.longhaircommunity.com/

Its like the MFP for people growing hair. :)

Even if you are not growing your hair the advice you will get for curly hair is excellent.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I use moroccan oil to control frizz (I use the light oil designed for blondes since my hair is very highlighted). It is the only hair product I touch outside of the shower, and I loooooove it!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have to deep condition my hair weekly and only shampoo with sulfate-free shampoos. The product I love the most is Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My hair is thick and gets HUGE, and needs something a little heavy to control it. It leaves my hair soft and it smells yummy too.