May Challenge- 5 plus pounds

Options

Replies

• Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
    :happy:
  • cmcfer52
    cmcfer52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get in but I know I'm a day late. HELP!!!
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Come on the White team LETS GET PHYSICAL!!:smile:
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Silver her with you. Go a do this thing together
  • Cbaran01
    Cbaran01 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am in!
  • bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    Come on black team we can do it x
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    ORANGE is the best colour!
  • Amylosingit
    Options
    Go Blue! Gonna be a good month
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    White team...woohoo!!
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Come on BLACK TEAM!!!! I see you over there Bella! High five!!
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Go PURPLE go!! I forsee the need to stock up on some deoderant with sweating off all these pounds!!
  • nievamc5
    nievamc5 Posts: 35
    Options
    Team Auburn checking in! We're in it to win it!
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Let's go Team Green!
  • stebben
    stebben Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    any room left?
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm still interested! Count me in
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Great idea! :-( I missed the deadline. Good luck though.:happy:
  • aarnold86
    aarnold86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Darn I missed it. Let me know if you do one for June.
  • newNRGkate
    newNRGkate Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I totally need some help getting these last few pounds off! I think a group like this will be perfect.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Let's go blue team!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    So excited to be apart of this! GO ORANGE!!! Now to figure out how/where to check in at...