Embarrassed...

Options

Replies

• lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Binged twice this week already...but tomorrow is another day! :) I feel bad, but I DO LOG everything anyway, because this is a journey, for ALL of us, to learn our triggers and make better choices. We will have our bad days, but if you re-start, you will re-gain your life! :D
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are all human and we are here to be encouraged, not brought down!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sign me up as a friend! I not only will support you when you stumble, but help you celebrate with your triumphs!! You can do this!!
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed. I went over my goal yesterday. My diary is private and I can't believe that people would criticize anyone who slips up. Make your diary private.
  • usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Dont be embarrassed. We all use this site for the same reason. No one should be judging you. Good luck!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Your body keeps a log, even if you don't, is one way I heard it described here.

I like this quote. :)
  • stella_julia
    Options
    We are human, and we do make mistakes, but we should learn from them not be embarrassed. I would be more than willing to give you some encouragement when needed. Dont beat yourself up. We all do it!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    We can't all be perfect all the time... I know I'm not! Good luck with logging and staying private - it's important to you to see where the calories are going even if no-one else can.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I prefer to log my binges. If nothing else, it slows me down slightly. (I can't use two hands to shove food in my mouth if I'm simultaneously recording what I'm eating.)
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Instead of feeling embarrassed ask yourself why you binged- what were you trying to fill? For me its always triggerred. Find that ou first then try to avoid the binge.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like - I will certainly not judge you :smile: I tend to have a cheat day each week, and I don't log my food on that day, (although some of my MFP friends have been saying that I should) - I'm not saying it's the right thing to do , but like you, I'm only human! I do have a tendancy to binge on occasions (long-standing problem, but I'm trying to overcome it) so I know how you feel. I would also be embarrassed to tell anyone exacly what I eat during a binge! :embarassed:
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'll support and encourage you! I've been slipping up lately because I've been trying the " everything in moderation thing" and I now know that doesn't work for me. We all make mistakes, just learn from it and keep pushing on!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No need to be embarassed!! I have gone over many days. I think the key is starting all over and starting over again. I have always said that "Success is getting up one more time than you fall down." Just log in every day and keep at it. Feel free to add me if you would like. You will see that I'm not perfect at all at my eating.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I have to say something and we don't have to be friends or anything like that, obviously. But, in my opinion, not sharing your diary is for cowards. Sharing your diary adds greater accountability to yourself, not to those around you. In addition, you will be amazed at how many great meal ideas and snack ideas come from our diaries. People on here are talking about binges like it's just "cool" and it's "your journey." It is your journey, but you don't need cheerleaders. You need someone that is willing to tell you when the binges are getting to be too frequent. You don't need people that are going to coddle you and hold your hand. You have a goal and you are trying to get there the best way you know how. We all make mistakes and I'm not going to chop it up to "oh, it's just being human." If it's 3AM and I eat a whole half gallon of ice cream, that's not a freakin' mistake and it's not okay. The question I have to then ask myself is Why in the hell did I just do that? Why was I so caught up that I needed to do that? That question then allows me to seek out the answers and fix the problem. So no, don't be embarrassed about binges but do know that they aren't okay and there are people that are willing to help you with them and give you some great advice, but you have to work on it. You are so much greater than that; So much better than those binges! It will take hard work and it will not be easy getting them under control but it can be done. Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself and find a way. Hiding your diary is not going to do that for you. Face that demon directly, otherwise it will consume you and derail ALL of your efforts. Good luck on your journey and I do, honestly, wish you the absolute best!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You should log everything. Until you hold yourself accountable for what you are choosing to put into your body you won't make any real progress.

I've logged every spoonful of nutella that was followed by a spoonful of peanut butter and at first it made me really unhappy to see what it did to my calories for the day but then I realized that I CHOSE to eat that. I chose waste those calories on something that satisfied me for a minute but ultimately was empty and left me with little wiggle room for real food for the rest of the day.

Is it going to happen again at some point? Probably, but I'm going to plan around it and I will work it into my daily goal.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    For me, logging everthing I ate was a real eye opener and really made me think twice about what I put in my mouth. When I realized that the Maple Bar I ate logged in at 440 cals, I was shocked! I had no idea how many cals were in it. I am not even a real "sweets" person, so for me, it wasn't worth it. Logging everything keeps me honest and true to myself, therefore, I make better choices.....

My food diary is open to my friends only....and my MFP friends are great! I don't know what I would do without them....

Add me if you like, we are all in this journey together.

:flowerforyou:
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    mine is private for a reson. i know when i slip up because i log everything. but i dont need everyone else to judge me for it. i can be hard enough on myself. i think the fact that it is ALL logged is enough. that way i have to see it and know to try harder the next day.

please feel free to add me also.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a different tack here. I tried to look at your diary but it is not public. I'm guessing you are trying to eat at too agressive a deficit. What is your daily calorie goal? Many of us want quick results but we didn't get overwieght overnight and we're not going to get lean overnight. If your goal is too agressive, you will have trouble compying and then, yes, you will binge. A more managable deficit will elimintate the binges and help you to recompose your body.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I have to say something and we don't have to be friends or anything like that, obviously. But, in my opinion, not sharing your diary is for cowards. Sharing your diary adds greater accountability to yourself, not to those around you.

Hiding your diary is not going to do that for you. Face that demon directly, otherwise it will consume you and derail ALL of your efforts.

Actually, having a private diary makes me more accountable. I don't binge, and never have. Please don't assume that everyone is exactly the same as you are.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    Small steps... That is my motto. I stopped beating myself up for having more calories every once in a while. Dont stress the small stuff its not good for you. :wink: