Four Month Progress - 30 pounds down!

Options
kgchisholm
kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
And about 20 to go!

395737_10100224752506155_18402110_46042751_345216028_n.jpg

163lbs.jpg

153edit1.jpg

I started my journey January 2, 2012 after seeing the first photo from a wedding I attended in December. When I finally hit 20 pounds down, I pulled out the same outfit to see my progress, and was shocked! I decided every 10 pounds I will track my progress by throwing on the same wedding outfit so I can see how far I have come!

I think I can see a difference between the 20 and 30 pounds lost mark. Obviously it is not as drastic as my first 20 pounds lost, but I think it's there!

Since January, I've gone from a size 14/16 to an 8/10. I went from a nearly 38 inch waist to a 30, and 46 inch hips to 39!

And all I've done is use MFP to be honest about my eating and portioning, and kicking some butt at the gym. It's been SO worth it. I just ran my first 5k last weekend, and I feel better than I have in YEARS. If I can do it, anyone can.

KEEP STRONG, MFP'ers! I'll update you in another 10 pounds! :)

Replies

• kgchisholm
    Options
    Sizing issues fixed! :)
  • Kaseybella
    Kaseybella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You look great and it is really good to see the changes in the same outfit. I was scrolling through the pics before I read what you wrote I went back and forth saying.. no way that's the same dress still fitting! I can see a huge change in your last 10 lb lost and that is what I was looking for :) I'm 163 right now and cant wait to see that in myself. Thank you for the motivational pictures. You already look fabulous but, I'll be looking forward to seeing you after the next 10! Keep up the good work!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the change in the same dress, you look wonderful !
  • littlerubys
    Options
    wow you look amazing well done to you, and thats brilliant on the 5k i'm hoping to set that as my goal to run one x
  • addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    I'm 163 right now and cant wait to see that in myself. Thank you for the motivational pictures.

Good luck! I know you can do it! Just keep on working :)
  • Lchwall
    Lchwall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!!! Keep up the great work!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    Awesome work!

By the way . . . my name is totally Kasey too! :)
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    You look great! congrats
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    stunning!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great idea to show your progress in the same outfit! I'm finding that my clothes are my biggest indicator of weight loss :)
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello friend, your gorgeous, you look like a totally different person! & to tell you the truth how silly is this, I didnt even this the very first pic was the same dress! Duh :-)
    Iv been at a stand still all month! grr Iv been fighting w/the same 5ish lbs
    Keep up the awesome work I know your definitely a huge inspiration to me!!!:flowerforyou:
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    You have done great, and what a pretty dress! Congrats on all of your hard work. :)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see progress in someone with a similar body as mine! I am right around where you started...I started at about 184 and am now 177 (weigh day is tomorrow, so lets hope it's lower!!). Also, my waist and hip measurements are just under what your starting measurements were. I can't wait to see myself the size you are now! My goal is to get down to 130, then I'll see how I feel.

Great job, keep workin hard :)
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!!! I love your hair cut too!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your success thus far!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    It's so nice to see progress in someone with a similar body as mine! I am right around where you started...I started at about 184 and am now 177 (weigh day is tomorrow, so lets hope it's lower!!). Also, my waist and hip measurements are just under what your starting measurements were. I can't wait to see myself the size you are now! My goal is to get down to 130, then I'll see how I feel.

Great job, keep workin hard :)

130 is my goal as well! Sounds like we really are right on the same spectrum! Thanks for the add :)
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    Excellent job!!!! I love your hair cut too!

Thanks! It isn't styled too fabulously in this photo, but I love it!

After losing so much weight, the long hair to hide my chubby face had to GO!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    Hello friend, your gorgeous, you look like a totally different person! & to tell you the truth how silly is this, I didnt even this the very first pic was the same dress! Duh :-)
    Iv been at a stand still all month! grr Iv been fighting w/the same 5ish lbs
    Keep up the awesome work I know your definitely a huge inspiration to me!!!:flowerforyou:

You know how much I love having you as my buddy :)

I was fighting the same 3-4 pounds for like two weeks and it finally dropped down. Not sure exactly what happened to change it, but it was frustrating. You'll get there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!