Women 5'-5'2": What is your goal weight??

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm fairly new to this... I'm about 5'1" and was wondering what a safe goal weight for me is! I was thinking about 110, (I'm currently about 117) but I honestly have no idea; all my friends are way taller than me! I know it depends on muscle, but If any girls out there who are about the same height could help me out or give me some kind of approximate weight, that would be awesome :)!!

Thanks!

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm fairly new to this... I'm about 5'1" and was wondering what a safe goal weight for me is! I was thinking about 110, (I'm currently about 117) but I honestly have no idea; all my friends are way taller than me! I know it depends on muscle, but If any girls out there who are about the same height could help me out or give me some kind of approximate weight, that would be awesome :)!!

Thanks!

I'm 5ft 1.8in and aiming for 120lbs. Mid-range healthy BMI.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My Goal weight is 116 pounds and I'm 5'2.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I was going to shoot for 120, then changed it to 105. However, I'm going to scrap the scale and just shoot for around 20% BF. If I lose more weight than I already have (I'm 138 right now), then it'll just be a nice bonus!
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 34 5'3. I was thinking I would just be happy to be my old self at 135-129.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5". My goal is 127 lbs...... Seems a little higher than most but I'll reassess when I get there. I'm more concerned with preserving my lean body mass and reducing my body fat, though I want to keep my body fat above 21% to support a future pregnancy. I'm 35 and haven't had kids yet.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 113 lbs. I am still not happy. I am not really concerned about the pounds but I'd like to be around 18-20% BF.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am a curvy 5' 2" (CW172) so I set my goal for 125 but I may be happy when I reach 130 - heck or even 135 - I was 130 when I met my husband at 18 (10yrs ago) and I liked my body then.....
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    5'1" - 100 lbs. Lost 5, gained 7, lost 2.... Back where I started from... :grumble:
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    i would like to hit 128 nicely in the middle of healthy BMI for 5'2". I've always been bigger, even in HS I would place(anywhere form 6-3rd place) in track at meets for the 100m dash and the 110 high hurdle at 140lbs,( who said big girls cant sprint?!) so getting rid of the extra chub (now that im 25 and def. not as active) and bringing back my muscular bod would be ideal.
  • KadyLisette
    Options
    I am 5'0 and I currently weigh 126 and I am not happy with it. I'd like to lose 5-10 lbs and tone up my belly (I've had 3 kids)
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and my goal is 125. I might reevaluate once I get there, but I know I don't want to get under 120.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    about 110-112
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    5'2 3/4'', and I'm 104. I'm content with that. I do want to lose more fat and gain muscle, so I'm prepared for a jump in the scale. I'm about 20% body fat
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 43 yrs old. I have been extremely heavy my whole adult life. I was always very athletic as a kid, teens, and early 20's. Originally, I was thinking 145-ish is a good place to shoot for. Mostly now, I just have a goal to get my waist to under 30 inches, and where I feel really good. Once there I will re-evaluate. It is good to see all these various numbers, though. Keeps me thinking and wondering where it will land when I finally get there. (And I WILL get there this time!!!)
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and already at my goal weight... i am 109lbs, though i am toning now and lifting heavy weight so if i gain some in muscle i will not be disappointed.
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 113 lbs. I am still not happy. I am not really concerned about the pounds but I'd like to be around 18-20% BF.

Do you use a body fat caliper to measure your BF?? I have no idea what my BF is, and don't know the best way to measure it.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" or 5'3" and my goal is 115-125.
  • teinepalagi
    teinepalagi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    5'2" and goal will likely be around 125. I'm actually aiming for a body fat percentage rather than a weight number. So, around 19-20% body fat would sound good to me.
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    5'2/ 5'3 cw:168 happy goal(1st one) 135-140. Rethinking maybe 125(never been that low) so I will see but I do want to tone. I dont like being skinny I like my curves. am going to wait and see how it goes.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet even. My CW is 124. I want to be between 115 -120.