Women 5'-5'2": What is your goal weight??

Options

Replies

• agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my goal is 116, mostly hoping to decrease body fat.
  • faithemiller
    faithemiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I currently weigh 117 as well. I'm trying to get down to 110 too! But I lift weights a lot, which definitely impacts how much I weigh.

Personally, I'd focus more on body fat percentage rather than the weight number.
  • GrannyLite
    Options
    I think you factor in your age and frame size. I am small frame under all this.. and 5 ft even ,,,57 diabetic etc.. I have selected 125-135 for my goal. I am going to see as I go along what feels right. Even getting rid of my pills would make me happy. Doc says that would be 50 or so pounds.
    Congrats on your start! This is the easiest its been for me to journal before I love it/
  • wubbie3me
    wubbie3me Posts: 11
    Options
    Geeze, every post I read is making me depressed :laugh:

I am 5'1.5 (yes, I count that half inch!), and my goal weight is 150. Now, I am not sure of the build of other people, but I have been pretty athletic all my life and mainly put my excess weight on while I was sitting at a desk.
    I have A LOT of muscling in my legs and arms and core areas, and when I felt fit and healthy, I was around 150lbs. That may have changed, but I am still aiming for 150 as my goal.
    I am not built along slim lines anyway, and I feel that if I was at the weight shown on the doctor charts, I would essentially be nothing but bones and skin, and to me, bony is NOT healthy. My doctor agrees with me (though she'd prefer 130!) that a goal of 115 (which is what the chart says for me) would not be healthy for my body shape and style. It would mean a major loss of the muscle that I already have to put me to that weight. I'd rather have muscle and shape than skinny, but that's my preference.
    Body styles vary, so it's more of where you FEEL healthy than where a chart says you should be.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" with a small, athletic frame. I'm a bit heavier than other small framed girls at 110-112, because of muscle mass.

My goal is 105.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and right now I'm aiming to get to 130. Once I get there I'll give myself a look and see how much more I think I should lose, if any. I'm of a rather broad and stocky build, so I'll probably always be on the higher end of the scale, but that's fine.
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 110/112 but with muscle! I'm very small boned so this goal is doable. Being buff and muscular are a must. I don't want to be small and soft when I get to my goal weight. In fact, if I only get down to 115 but toned and muscular, that will be fine by me!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, 5' 1.25", started at 135, currently at 125 and not working to lose much more weight, just tone up.
    I am pear shaped and have been too skinny (when I was very sick with a parasite I picked up in Mexico)
    and weighed less than 100 and never wish to be scrawny again. I wouldn't mind eventually losing another 2-4 lbs.
    Don't want to lose my curves.
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    115-125
  • ExistingAsAMemory
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and am 97 pounds, sometimes 95 pounds depending on how I ate that week. Anorexia recovery. Goal weight: 105-110, at first.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'', and my goal is between 105 and 110.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - goal weight is 136. That puts me in the healthy BMI range. Anything after that is a bonus :)
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and my original goal is 135 (lowest weight before having kids) ..I am probably going to aim for 120-125 ish. Just need to see where I am at when I hit 135!
  • eileenhalko
    eileenhalko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and currently 137 I am shooting for 120 we'll see how droopy my skin gets and go from there I'm 56 and worrying about getting a droopy turkey neck.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    5'1" - I'm not exactly sure what the weight will be. I'm guessing around 110-115? I've always been skinny fat, not skinny fit in the past. Whatever weight it takes to get back in my fav sz 2 jeans... That was about 106lbs skinny fat.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm fairly new to this... I'm about 5'1" and was wondering what a safe goal weight for me is! I was thinking about 110, (I'm currently about 117) but I honestly have no idea; all my friends are way taller than me! I know it depends on muscle, but If any girls out there who are about the same height could help me out or give me some kind of approximate weight, that would be awesome :)!!

Thanks!

I have to say I have not read through all the posts but this is the advice I have - check out this link - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/. Calculate all of your pertinent measures - Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Body Fat %, Goal Body Weight based on body fat %>

With these tools you can set the goal that seems right to you.

good luck in your journey.

Incidentally, I am 5'0". I have been on MFP just a few weeks and have learned a lot. Feel free to add me as a friend if you think our goals are similar enough to help you.
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", my goal weight is 125. Seem higher than everyone's, but its what I think ill be comfortable with.
  • tiffpage
    tiffpage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3 and weigh 124. I have fluctuated between 122 and 124 in the last few months. I eat extremely healthy and workout 6 days a week. I wear a size 4 and have tone. i looke great. I wouldn't mind going down to 117 but that probably won't happen as I build strenght and tone. I'm ok with that because I'd rather look healthy than reach some arbitrary number on the scale. I look gross under 117. I am pear shaped.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5'2" and goal weight is 130. I am curvy and find between 120-130 is best for me to be when I am very physically active. Plus I am 50 and don't want to get too thin where bone density can suffer.
  • nbpoli
    nbpoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and 5'2". I am currently 110 and my goal weight is 100. Sounds low, but I'm small framed and pretty flat chested too!