If you had to choose 1 thing...

Options
to have in your home, what would it be? A treadmill? Elliptical? Would love to know what ya'lls think! Buyin' a house soon and plan on getting something and cancelling my gym membership.

Replies

• BonnellCA
    Options
    a dvd player with a wide assortment of videos. I have p90x, Insanity, 30 day shred, many others. It is way more interesting than getting on the same old machine every day. Every machine we've had in the past ends up collecting more dust than anything. : )
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Something like this:
    411QxRukYvL._SS500_.jpg
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill, facing the TV so I can watch movies while I run! Plus I really like the exercise video idea too!! :)
  • sophie428
    sophie428 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree with the videos, but in addition to that I would choose a treadmill. It is great for days when the weather isn't great and you want to make excuses as to why you can't go for a walk/jog/run.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Power rack with a cable pulldown attachment. Kind of like the picture above, but slightly different model.
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you will miss your gym membership. don't cancel it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Something like this:
    411QxRukYvL._SS500_.jpg

This!

I have an elliptical, a rower and a treadmill, but my punching bag, skipping rope and barbell and plates get more use than any of the three.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    A weight rack.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'v had a Norditrack elliptical for about 6 years already and love it. I love that I don't have to get in my car and drive anywhere & can get on it anytime. I cancelled my gym membership because that's mainly why I went was to use their elliptical. I have invested in workout videos & have weights & add'l equipment to continue getting fit. I had a treadmill but sold it at a garage sale because I wasn't using it, didn't have room for it.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    either an elliptical or a rowing machine. wish we had the space!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @ jay... I know, I would miss it! But if we get the house we're looking at, it's out in the country... so I just wouldn't be getting there as much!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    A fully equipped weight bench.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Elliptical all the way!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, b/c my toes fall asleep on an elliptical. But choose what you enjoy most. Also, i love my dvd collection,. Lisa Sansone, 30Ds and yoga. Best wished to you on your new house and new work out plan.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I say treadmill....my husband says elliptical.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    power rack, bar, weights.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    anything you can do on a treadmill you can do outside on a track/road/field etc though? If you were restricting yourself to just one thing why pick something that can be replicated by the great outdoors?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Internet & laptop/tv with HDMI compatibility. So many free workouts online with no equipment needed.
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I live in the country, so a gym membership is out of the picture. I'd suggest a tv/dvd player with some good videos recommended on MFP. I have an elliptical, set of adjustable weight dumbbells, and a multifunction weight rack and bench with barbell and plates and I don't have a lot of room in the basement. Start out small and work your way up depending on space you have. Just a set of dumbbells and you can have a great workout.

It's great getting out of bed in the morning and just going downstairs and having your own gym to crank your favorite music and have a good workout.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A scale that always says "125"