Alcohol options

Options

Replies

• Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Voli on the rocks...it's the only alcohol I can stomach without a mixer. If not that, then Captain and Diet!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Wondering what your experiences are with alcohol,

Mostly pleasurable, though a few that haven't gone so well when I overdo it. :)

My beverage of choice is red wine, though I'm not above a beer or two occasionally. I fit it into my calories, and it's part of my lifestyle I enjoy.

I have stopped buying the "hard stuff" for the duration of my weight loss regimen, but as my calories come back up to maintenance after I reach my goal, I will have a shot of good whiskey from time to time. But I'll also watch the calories on those carefully.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I read an article on MSN that a glass of red wine or a beer a couple of times a week is healthy for you. Just add it to your calories and you should be fine. i have a glass of wine with dinner a few times a week and it has not bothered my weight loss.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have actually stopped drinking alcohol and drink alcohol free instead

Becks Blue and einsberg wine (low calorie and no sugar)
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke. Only 65 cals
    A normal 1.5 oz shot of liquor is at least 100 calories. How would it be 65?
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    steer clear of beer, empty carbs! id say liquor on the rocks, or a glass of wine
  • TequillaLover89
    Options
    This is always so tough for me too! I do a lot of wine mixed with seltzer water or I've recently been going vodka with just water and a lime. Acquired taste and takes a long time to sip!
    I just started drinking club soda with vodka or tequila.. Soo good.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

1oz of captain morgan is 60 cals
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do love a good margarita on the rocks once in a while when I am indulging or a beer, but mostly I will stick to Grey Goose, Club Soda, and Lime, its low cal and yummy! I don't drink very often especially now that I am trying to lose weight but once in a while you have to have a few after a busy week :)
  • clmyers1976
    Options
    I think its up to what you what you are comfortable with I drink Southern Comfort and Sprite i don't drink anything with caffeeine in it.. i just add the calories in and if i over do it on a weekend i push it harder the next week it hasn't really stopped my weight lose i used to weight 400 lbs and i'm down to 250 and i never stopped drinking just tweaked it all alittle bit.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol is like borrowing a little happiness from tomorrow. First it giveth then it taketh away.
    Stick with water.
  • dayhadley
    dayhadley Posts: 46
    Options
    We're always looking for the drinks w/least calories. We've (hubby & close friends) have found that Vodka with club and/or diet 7-up (any diet un-cola) is good w/sliced oranges. Another good mix: voda w/diet 7-up w/a squirt of Mio or cranberry/grape juice. Of course we like our shots, so we do the same in "bombs". We LOVE the flavored vodka w/sugar-free red bull (bomb-shots) but the R.B. has a lot of caffeine and is very expensive. The flavored vodkas usually have a few more calories, also.

What we really should do is cut down on drinking, but we just have way too much fun. What can I say, some people just like to drink. GOOD LUCK!
  • dayhadley
    dayhadley Posts: 46
    Options
    This is always so tough for me too! I do a lot of wine mixed with seltzer water or I've recently been going vodka with just water and a lime. Acquired taste and takes a long time to sip!
    I just started drinking club soda with vodka or tequila.. Soo good.

Club (and/OR diet 7-up) plus Vodka and a big slice of orange... Delish. Also, that combo (minus the fruit) w/a squirt of Mio or Cran-grape... also very good - making me thirsty!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love wine but also indulge in vodka with selter water and a splash of ruby red grapefruit juice.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have significantly cut down on alcohol for a number of reasons. The main one is alcohol is now so expensive here in the UK I cant justify the price when the kids need things. 2 i am training for a half marathon cant run if hungover and it only takes 2 glasses for me to be hungover cant take it anymore. Also they are empty calories and as stated above i feel ill on a small maount of alcohol. That said i really enjoy a couple of glasses of wine once a week and may have some tonight as i have just finished four night shifts, the kids are in bed and i have calories left so why not.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol is like borrowing a little happiness from tomorrow. First it giveth then it taketh away.
    Stick with water.
    How so?
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love beer, but when I am trying to be good to the diet, I take a large glass, fill with margarita mixer (the lite kind, 10 calories per 4 ounces), and add a splash of tequila. Super low calorie, and I feel like I am indulging!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    drink what appeals to you, in moderation of course...and don't drive !!!
  • TequillaLover89
    Options

1oz of captain morgan is 60 cals
    It's very rare that a bartender pours 1 oz of liquor as opposed to 1.5 oz, usually more.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Stick with water.
    How so?

If you drink too much the next day you pay with a hang over. Thats the "taking away part." When you've driven the big porcelain bus, you'll understand.:laugh: