After working out what do you eat for protein?

Options
I just took a run and I'm kind of getting sick of eating lunch meat when I'm done :sick:

So, what do you eat after working out? Peanut butter? Protein shake? Meat? Eggs?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like to eat plain yogurt with some peanutbutter and honey stirred in.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options

Almost snap! I eat plain yoghurt, peanut butter and banana - so tasty :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I drink an EAS advantage protein shake from Walmart, its quick and easy (premade), has 17g protein and no sugar and only 100 cals........its awesome!
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    just eaten low fat ice cream a banana and some melted dark choc and honey over the top :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shake!
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I just took a run and I'm kind of getting sick of eating lunch meat when I'm done :sick:

So, what do you eat after working out? Peanut butter? Protein shake? Meat? Eggs?

Greek yogurt, granola and honey. That is typically my go to snack.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Apex fit Oatmeal Raisin Protein bar.

Its freaking delicious! Doesnt taste like a protein bar at all .... it tastes like Chewy!!!!

I love it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout, but generally a protein shake. If it's a longer workout, a banana then a protein shake.
  • kjmarks11
    kjmarks11 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been making whey protein shakes with some chia seeds and coconut milk. Delish! The chia has protein and thickens up the shake nicely. Then have a salad an hour later - with canned salmon or sardines and greek olives. No dressing!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shake!

this. it is hard for me to eat after I work out as well... and the chocolate ones mixed with water taste like chocolate milk :)
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

that sounds yummy!
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Chocolate milk.

THIS! And I also make no bake energy bites, I'll eat one or two of those depending on how far I ran.
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    usually a protein shake, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or eggs if I'm not in the mood to cook dinner :glasses:
  • berra2k
    berra2k Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd say have your biggest meal of the day AFTER working out because your body will burn the calories faster so something high in protein but an overall meal. If you want something quick, whey protein isolate. If not try a tuna sandwich (using the whole can of tuna of course..)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    A glass or two of chocolate milk and maybe a banana. Bananas aren't too high in protein but I like them.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I usually just avoid the problem by not working out. :wink:

Protein drinks are the simplest & easiest route. I like Syntrax Nectar brand, it mixes pretty well in a regular water bottle filled at the water fountain. No fuss. Failing that, I go for beef jerky, hard-boiled eggs, or cheese sticks.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Organic choc. milk
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I always make a protein shake made into a thick milkshake. Such a wonderful reward for my effort and the iciness cools me off :P
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt.