I challenge all of you

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    hmm. Can't do it. :ohwell: I'm 53 - just bought a scale for the first time in my life. Since the trainer gave me the idea to weigh twice daily and take the average, I've weighed every day for two weeks. Before that, once a week. I like the twice daily.

But good luck to all! I'll keep an eye on you :heart:

~Cheryl
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Banks.

Ive just joined up and the site looks fantastic. I love the fact that I can keep records and then chat about progress. COUNT ME IN... but I think I can only manage 2 weeks without looking. Any longer would drive me mad.. Lots of luck

Petal:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hehe, 2 weeks is still a huge step Petal. Welcome aboard, and good luck!
  • Lisa_25
    Options
    Not too sure about this challenge yet. I thought about it, but a month is quite long. I started this whole change in my life one week ago and told myself when I started I would wait at least two weeks to weigh myself. Did I?:noway: I waited only five days. I think your reasoning makes perfectly good sense, but I just have to know that I'm making progress or I may give up. Which, I can't let happen. Good for you though, you're doing great by the sounds of it! :flowerforyou:
    Lisa
  • sistersscn
    Options
    OK OK Im in This will be very difficult for me as Im used to weighing myself several times a day!!! however I have to weigh myself Thanksgiving Day because I just joined the Thanksgiving Day challenge so I will have to know how much I have lost by T-Day. Thanks for another great idea Banks
  • banks1850
    Options
    another convert :wink: welcome sistersscn.

Day 3, no lookie so far (although yesterday was tough, there were some compelling posts that made me want to run to the scale and check)
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Day Three - Haven't looked. I got close to the scale but turned back!:laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Still staying strong...

this is such a money where our mouth is challenge. If I had a dime for every time I'd told a friend that "the number doesn't matter" "the scale can fluctuate five pounds in a day" "the scale is no indicator of how healthy you are",..."blah blah blah"

but.....I haven't been using my own advice... the scale can send me reeling in one direction or the other...and that sucks. I just want it to have less power over me, and us.
  • cathyt56
    cathyt56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh myself several times a day, also. Bad habit, I know. So I am happy to join you. I will start weighing only once a week and see if I can build up from there. Thanks for the challenge, I need this.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    DAY 2 (for me)
    I DIDN'T LOOK BANKS! I was sooooo tempted every time I walked by it - but I didn't do it. And you know what? - I am glad that I didn't. I feel better!

*Staying Strong!*
  • banks1850
    Options
    yes you can do it!
    The worst part for me is that there is a scale in the
    shower of my work gym. I can't even move that one
    out of view, it taunts me. So far I am steel, but that
    is one lure that may cause me to do property damage
    to my workplace.
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    out of sight, out of mind, deffinately helps, doesn't it? lol

Kudos to you banks for resisting that scale at the gym.

try walking past with a "hummh" of indiffernce. Turn up your nose at it.lol
    At least it might get your mind off it as you are laughing to yourself, lol...
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Day one for me... I haven't looked and I'm not tempted... no, not today. Our kitchen is full of goodies and I had a sugar cookie for breakfast but I made them so I know what's in them.

Happy Halloween!!!

hey, was anyone else upset that Sabrina was voted off of Dancing with the Stars last night. She really grew on me and I thought for sure she'd win!!! Ugh! :sad:
  • mamatusa
    Options
    Day two for me, and didn't look! It's hard though. I walk right past a scale at the gym and I just want to hop right on it and see my progress. I can tell its going to be a fight with myself every morning!

mamatusa
  • rachelfrear
    Options
    I haven't LOOKED!!! LOL

I can do this!!
  • Petal
    Petal Posts: 27
    Options
    Day Two of food diary...eek! But I have been true to myself and all here by putting everything in. Its pretty hard but I`m already finding this site really helpful.

End of Day one of promise not to weigh myself and somehow I managed to keep away from the scale....also pretty hard, but making promises to people you have never met seems to have all the more meaning:flowerforyou: and flowers for all.
  • sistersscn
    Options
    Thanks for the flowers Petal!!!
    Day 2 and I was not even considering stepping on that scale!!!
    I have to admit though that I worked 13 hours today and did not have time to even look at it.
    Tommorrow is a different story Ill need to keep busy
    Good night everyone Happy Halloween
  • babblingbarbie
    Options
    i just about stepped on the scales yesterday when I was home sick with a cold and a buggered up knee and then remembered this challenge. :happy: But I stopped myself and am glad I didn't have that to obsess over!
  • banks1850
    Options
    OK everyone, day 4 and I'm still succeeding. This is going
    to be harder then I thought. The scale calls out my name sometimes.
    The worst part is when I think I had a good day, and KNOW I lost
    weight, I reeeeealy want to know how good a day I had. It just proves
    that part of my weight issue was my obsessive personality, and
    (not to be cliche boy but) better the evil you know then the evil you don't.
    Atleast I can fight the scale urges now that I know they are part of
    my destructive behavior.

I read somewhere once that a well know (in the psychiatric community) psychiatrist
    said that everybody has obsessions, and the more obsessions you can
    remove from your life, the less subconcious stress you have weighing you down.
    Paraphrasing here, but that was the gist of it.

Hope you all had a good Halloween!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale! So I think I am succeeding very well in this challenge! Though I guess there are about a zillion scales around me all the time at the gym where I work, so that will be a challenge.