Meal replacement shake

Options

Replies

• vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Not sure about Shakeology. I use body by Vi. Works great for me. I drink my favorite strawberry milk shake with it or add it to my Oatmeal for breakfast. The oatmeal turned out GREAT! I mean, i love it! And with Banana's! Anyways, I'm no good with giving info about it but i can say that it works for me. You can mix it with just about anything. It's in its own way, sweet.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    buzzards : carrion :: multi-level marketers : this thread
    I always look at the first reply..
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Of course you love it. You are trying to sell it :P
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Protica - "Orange" Isometric Meal Replacement. Walgreens.com and Lucky Vitamins.com sells them. They come in what looks like a big test tube. They are only 3.2 oz but they seem better balanced than some of the others I have tried. The down side is that sometimes they are a bit gritty but it is basically just a double shot.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    *grabbing popcorn watching the vultures circle* :drinker:
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like food.

YES! I do too. :smile:
  • lindseejill29
    Options
    I don't use any of the meal replacement shakes but I do make myself a "Green Smoothie" which is to die for! I literally feel like I should not be eating it because it's so good. I've seen several different recipes but this is what I put in and it works! In a blender, combine raw spinach/kale, carrot juice, skim milk, ice, protein powder, and your choice of fruit! (I usually put a banana and some berries in.) I don't have specific measurements because I just throw stuff in until it looks/tastes goods but it's very good and not to mention very healthy for you! I know it sounds absolutely disgusting but you cannot taste the spinach or carrot juice at all! It's a good way to get some servings of veggies in if you're not a veggie fan. (like me!)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    It's easy to market something you love and use in your every day life and it's something that you know works.

Truth......My whey powder with peanut butter, milk, oreo and nutella is amazing and definitely works.

Mine too! Whey powder + banana + peanut butter + random mix ins.
    So much cheaper than shakeo :D And im not trying to make money off of it :P
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

That's what I use too. I use the Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey powder and throw in a banana, cup of skim milk, and a teaspoon of all natural peanut butter. It's flawless for me (:
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love my Shakeology!!!!! Shoot me a message or a friend request if you would like more information on it!!

I used to sell it, but Shakeology does work. I just can't afford it! One day I will. Don't knock it till you try it!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use Source of Life Energy Shake, it is packed full of great stuff and totally GMO and gluten free and reasonably priced as well. (under $2 a serving) You can get it at most health food stores so you dont have to go through anybody to get it. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and by itself is only 116 calories for two scoops. I use 10 oz of the almond milk because it is too thick with only 8 oz. It mixes well with berries and fruit in a blender too. It is NOT gritty like others tend to be and mixes completely using just a shaker. With water or milk it has a granola taste and it actually fills me up pretty well. You can get a couple packets at the store to try it out without having to buy a bigger container.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like food.

This ^^ liquid shakes really don't do anything superior to whole food

^^ :wink: ^^
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    moderator edited

I used to sell it, but Shakeology does work. I just can't afford it! One day I will. Don't knock it till you try it!

And how does it "work?' I have tried it (samples) and i think it tasted like dirt compared to what i can get xD

Not knocking the product, more the crazy claims and price, since you can get similar products for a fraction of the price :D
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Only under extreme circumstances would I opt to replace an entire meal with liquid!! Solid food for me all the way!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I love my Shakeology!!!!! Shoot me a message or a friend request if you would like more information on it!!
    Why spend on it when there are better alternatives that are cheaper?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I like shakeology and ON natural.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A couple of frozen bananas, half can of coconut milk, a cup of kefir, maybe an orange, maybe some other random fruit, a handful of ice cubes...all into a vitamix. My son loves it too. Occasionally, I'll add a scoop of protein powder, but that doesn't exactly fit my usual whole/real foods approach to eating.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

What are they?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

What are they?
    [/quote]

Scoop of whey in 8 oz milk. Perhaps with a banana and some peanut buttah.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

That's what I use too. I use the Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey powder and throw in a banana, cup of skim milk, and a teaspoon of all natural peanut butter. It's flawless for me (:

Same. I don't really try to use it as a meal replacement but I'll take one with almond milk, banana and ice cubes to help with recovery and maybe eat less.