Honest reply only !!!!!

Options
hello all,

How many of you have lost weight/got fit using any protein or medication or any other stuff

If your weight loss is real without all the above , please post pics

Much appreciated

Thanks,
Sonia

Replies

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is an odd question. I think you will find that most of the people on MFP have lost weight with diligence, consistency and effort. I did. Do I take medication to aid in weight loss? No. Do I use protein powder? Yes, but that is as much incident to my other dietary choices and training regimen.

Just be consistent and be patient. You will reach your goal if you stick to the program. You did not gain the weight in a week, a month, or a year, so don't expect to lose it that quickly (not sure how much you want to lose).

Cheers!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Check the success stories, I think for the most part, everyone is honest about what they did and how they did it. I haven't personally come across a lot of gimmicky (for lack of a better term) diets like Ideal Protein or the like....especially on here...
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2012 on my new lifestyle. The pounds came off quite slowly. I am 6 lbs away from my goal.

I never took any medication or meal replacement products because (besides them being heavily processed) I know that eventually, I would have to get off them once I reach my goal and I am terrified that eating a normal meal will make me gain weight again.

Before MFP, I used to eat very little to lose weight fast, like 4lbs/week. I'd reach my goal, stay there for a few weeks, then gain it all back. I decided to do it right this time. Lose it slowly, get used to this lifestyle and stick to it for the rest of my life.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    As in specialized protein supplements like protein shakes, bars ,etc? I tried a protein shake powder once and hated it. Otherwise, no protein supplements, diet pills or other medications. Lost my weight simply by eating a relatively healthy diet, with a few bad days here and there, and exercising more than I was. A lot of raw vegetables, more complex carbs like brown rice or roasted sweet potatoes, and generally lean cuts of meat for protein. I have not completely excluded anything from my diet, just make smarter choices. I also track everything I eat. Food scale and measuring cups at home have opened my eyes to how badly I was off when guess at portion sizes, and definitely overeating because of that. I do eat back most of my exercise calories because I know I need to fuel my body, and the Net Calorie goal MFP generates already has the deficit to meet your weight loss goal built into it.

some pics are in my profile.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just reached my goal weight and have NEVER dreamed of putting those sorts of things in my body! What goes in is whole, healthy, live foods and what goes out is good hard exercise!! I'm 48 and have never in my life been in this good of shape! When you give your body what it wants it will respond in kind!!!!! Do it the ritght way, you will not regret it!! God luck!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My reply is honest but I don't have pics. I didn't take before pics and I'm reluctant to post pics of myself to the www. But, I did lose about 27 lbs through just eating right and exercise. By eating right I mean eating mostly healthy foods (minimally processed grains, little added sugar, unsaturated fats, a plethera and variety of vegetables, lean meats/fish) and only when hungry. Exercise was 5-7 days a week, about a 70 / 30 mix of aerobic / strength.

No protein powders or other meal replacements (honestly I can't imagine a replacement instead of actual food. I love food). The only supplements I take are a few over the counter vitamins (B-complex, fish oil, vitamin D). I skip the D on days I'm going to be out in the sun.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    No supplements here (unless you count Women's One a Day vitamins) and no weird diet food. I do gnaw on a Luna bar once in a while if I'm starving and can't get a decent meal in (it has got to be better than anything I'll find in the vending machines here at work!) but other than that it has been trying to be better with my choices, and making absolutely sure I plan ahead for meals at work. That way I don't end up pigging out on pizza or subs and chips and soda or vending machine food!

Unfortunately I don't have pics yet - well, I have them, but you wouldn't see much of a change in them yet, as I have a lot to lose. Still, I feel MUCH better and some of my clothes are getting too loose! I haven't seen enough loss yet to change clothing size, but everything I am wearing is getting baggier and baggier. :laugh:
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    hello all,

How many of you have lost weight/got fit using any protein or medication or any other stuff

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia

I can see being against diet pills and the like, but what on earth to you have against protein powder or bars or shakes?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I hope you meant protein supplements, not protein...which we all need in good amounts every day. I don't take any pills of any kind except an occasional vitamin. I do use a protein supplement powder now and then...it makes my smoothies taste really good and creamy. Other than that, I'm doing it the old fashioned way....eating carefully, exercising often, paying attention to it every day. Do you think we are all lying to you?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    hello all,

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia

I don't think you know what protein powder is.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the responses to this. I am very interested to see the people that lost weight WITHOUT any protein. :)
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    added: OH WAIT DO YOU MEAN NO PROTEIN AT ALL??? then no, I eat chicken, steak, beans, nuts, eggs etc

Lost 50lbs eating more fresh foods and exercising... I did eat granola bars
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?

Mmmmm... twice phrased potato!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    hello all,

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia

Protein or medication?

hmmm.... protein is a macronutrient required to sustain life. no one has been successful without it - unless you count post mortem decomposition as weight loss.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and steak daily.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

^^^cheater^^^
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

disqualified.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This is an odd question. I think you will find that most of the people on MFP have lost weight with diligence, consistency and effort. I did. Do I take medication to aid in weight loss? No. Do I use protein powder? Yes, but that is as much incident to my other dietary choices and training regimen.

Just be consistent and be patient. You will reach your goal if you stick to the program. You did not gain the weight in a week, a month, or a year, so don't expect to lose it that quickly (not sure how much you want to lose).

Cheers!

I applaud you for trying to decipher that and answer the question that may or may not be a question.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I thought I recognized you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!