Honest reply only !!!!!

Options

Replies

• lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

I have used ephedrine and still use it on occasion. I have used fat burners. I use protein powders, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, caffeine pills and green tea extract... I am a druggy if you can call me with what I have tried above LOL. But hey they all worked because I was consistent with my diet, training and supplementation.

I am seriously confused here LOL. If I don't drink my whey people say not enough protein, drink it and its not natural... Using the above supplements can also mean I am cheating. Is excess body fat natural? I will do what it takes to help me stay lean, strong and muscular even if that means taking my powders. :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't qualify- I use a treadmill, hand weights and yes I drink protein shakes. So I guess my 10lbs lost wasn't "real". Damn-and I thought I was doing soooooooo good!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Can i now unparticipate in this post?
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~I do a daily protein shake to get me started. Lost over 21 lbs in 90 days. I gained a couple due ot some emotional eating inthe last week. I started taking two servings a day this week to loose the new and unwanted weight to get back on track...I am not going to recommend what I use due to the last time I did it some dude fromnorth of the border slammed me and another MFP'er..
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?

I read this while in class and had to try real hard not to laugh out loud.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    WTF is wrong with a protein supplement?
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    n/m
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't take any weight loss aids at all.... I do have a protein shake after I workout because it's easier with my schedule than eating.. well.. meat... but aside from that... hard work and eating right... you can feel free to check my photo album for pictures.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well, there goes my 51 lbs lost because I have one or more protein shakes a day to get my protein levels up. And...I eat meat (gasp...red meat included)...and eggs...etc.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've worked 27 weeks diligently to lose what weight I have lost. I dont use any supplements, but I do eat a lot of protein. It seems your protein percentage is low. But then again I dont want to weigh 88 pounds. I eat real food, dont do protein shekes because I prefer to eat my calories instead of drinking them since my nutritionist has me on 1300 calories a day. So in 27 weeks I've lost pounds eating real food and no supplements or surgeries. Each to their own, but that is my journey.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes and I like them. I might continue drinking them until I die, after I finish my weight loss. I'm pretty sure that my weight loss is real. At least it looks like it's gone. It might be behind me, I'm afraid to look!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I drink protein shakes and I like them. I might continue drinking them until I die, after I finish my weight loss. I'm pretty sure that my weight loss is real. At least it looks like it's gone. It might be behind me, I'm afraid to look!

LOL I just looked around my house for the 40 lbs I lost, but thankfully, they remain lost.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

I'm not a real woman because I"m not curvy enough, and I didn't really lose weight because I sometimes eat protein shakes and bars.

I'm just a sham. :sad:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

I'm not a real woman because I"m not curvy enough, and I didn't really lose weight because I sometimes eat protein shakes and bars.

I'm just a sham. :sad:

I'd hit it.... oh yeah.... I'd hit it...

giggity giggity gooo!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Protein???? ummmm, usually try my hardest to get as much protein as i can.....that's the one think i always try to have over my goal....
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think the original poster just doesn't understand that protein can be used as a healthy supplement instead of replacing three meals a day with it. And I think her primary language may not be English. And I think that she's just looking for success stories and confirmation that she can indeed, lose weight with diet and exercise alone.

This is what I'm hoping anyway :)

So heres my answer: while I'm not a "success" yet lol.
    Yes, you can completely do this without pills or fad diets. Eating right and exercise will get you where you want to be. Many people have had success doing just that :) Good luck.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Lol...strangest post ever?? :frown: I drink protein shakes, so I'm a sham too! :sad:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I also get the feeling that maybe the OP's first language is not English.
    And maybe for some reason she can't use protein supplements. Cost, availability. I think people are kind of freaking out about nothing.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I also get the feeling that maybe the OP's first language is not English.
    And maybe for some reason she can't use protein supplements. Cost, availability. I think people are kind of freaking out about nothing.

This is what I hope...
  • ccab1324
    ccab1324 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I am a full time student studying Sports and Exercise Physiology along with a few classes on nutrition science. If you are trying to lose weight you really shouldn't focus on your protein intake. The Western Diet in general already has an overabundance of protein in it. I personlly take protein supplements after lifting to bulk up, It is a key source to help build and repair muscle. However, I was obese as a teen and had great success losing weight. The best way to lose weight is to stick to a low fat diet. Protein sources such as steak and eggs may sound appealing but are actually high in fat. Whenever I want to cut weight I always eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. The only things that will truly never harm you. Some vegetables even have adequate amounts of protein with out the fat. Especially if you are working out on the daily to lose weight. Protein is still needed, however assuming you have a balanced diet I guarentee you are already getting enough protein in your diet. When you are looking for a good source of protein choose lean meats like Chicken. Also tuna and salmon are fantastic for you in many different ways. Above all protein is mainly used to build muscle. Thats why all the meat heads in the gym love the stuff. (I admit I do too) But have you ever seen anyone on the treadmill pull out a protein shake? no. While protein is essential in any diet. I would not stress about protein if you are trying to cut weight. Focus more on exercising more often and eating many natural foods low in fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!