Honest reply only !!!!!

Options

Replies

• DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    can you please rephase the potato?

Mmmmm... twice phrased potato!

No, twice phased - much quicker than phrasing!
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    I lost 18 pound so far on a lifestyle change, pure motivation and a drive to succeed. No meds. Back two years ago I lost 85 pounds the same way. I don't know about anybody else but I think people who try to take medicine to lose weight are looking for the easy way. To be honestly losing weight its is a life style change.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Anything worth achieving is hard. I can't believe you are choosing death over discomfort.

Death would be a lot easier than dealing with that voice in the back of your head telling you that you'll never be good enough. But you wouldn't understand that, would you? Because you haven't had an eating disorder, you don't know what it feels like, constantly having a struggle over control in your mind.
    You need intense therapy.

I have witnessed death. There is nothing easy about death.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I thought I recognized you. I appreciate your help when I called customer service last night! :drinker:

HAHAHAHA too funny!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Right here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/569332-365-days-on-mfp-but-i-m-not-done-yet-pics

PS, I eat meat, steak, chicken, fish, high protein yogurts, peanut butter, chocolate, junk food... I haven't restricted myself from anything, and the only real specialized things I buy that are 'diet' specific are vanilla almond milk and PB2, which comes in the mail Wednesday; can't wait! Otherwise, I eat 'normal' food, and I don't take dietary supplements on a regular basis.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a full time student studying Sports and Exercise Physiology along with a few classes on nutrition science. If you are trying to lose weight you really shouldn't focus on your protein intake. The Western Diet in general already has an overabundance of protein in it. I personlly take protein supplements after lifting to bulk up, It is a key source to help build and repair muscle. However, I was obese as a teen and had great success losing weight. The best way to lose weight is to stick to a low fat diet. Protein sources such as steak and eggs may sound appealing but are actually high in fat. Whenever I want to cut weight I always eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. The only things that will truly never harm you. Some vegetables even have adequate amounts of protein with out the fat. Especially if you are working out on the daily to lose weight. Protein is still needed, however assuming you have a balanced diet I guarentee you are already getting enough protein in your diet. When you are looking for a good source of protein choose lean meats like Chicken. Also tuna and salmon are fantastic for you in many different ways. Above all protein is mainly used to build muscle. Thats why all the meat heads in the gym love the stuff. (I admit I do too) But have you ever seen anyone on the treadmill pull out a protein shake? no. While protein is essential in any diet. I would not stress about protein if you are trying to cut weight. Focus more on exercising more often and eating many natural foods low in fat.

I am sorry, but while I admire your wish to help, you are wrong in your advice. there is ZERO evidence to prove that low fat diets are more successful in the long run. We need fat. We especially need more healthy fat. Fat is not bad.
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Keep your calories where they should be.......eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein......watch your sugar intake(closely)....drink your water......EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE....and you will lose weight and feel like a milion bucks. I was never really over weight, but myfitnesspal has kept me in touch with reality and makes me accountable for everything that goes into my mouth. I am 3 pounds from my goal and I am really in no hurry....I feel great !!!!!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Anything worth achieving is hard. I can't believe you are choosing death over discomfort.

Death would be a lot easier than dealing with that voice in the back of your head telling you that you'll never be good enough. But you wouldn't understand that, would you? Because you haven't had an eating disorder, you don't know what it feels like, constantly having a struggle over control in your mind.
    When I was 16, I weighed 86 pounds - there were reasons I wanted to disappear, but I found my way back. It can be done, and the future could be a whole lot brighter than you could possibly imagine.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    Hello, I am a full time student studying Sports and Exercise Physiology along with a few classes on nutrition science. If you are trying to lose weight you really shouldn't focus on your protein intake. The Western Diet in general already has an overabundance of protein in it. I personlly take protein supplements after lifting to bulk up, It is a key source to help build and repair muscle. However, I was obese as a teen and had great success losing weight. The best way to lose weight is to stick to a low fat diet. Protein sources such as steak and eggs may sound appealing but are actually high in fat. Whenever I want to cut weight I always eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. The only things that will truly never harm you. Some vegetables even have adequate amounts of protein with out the fat. Especially if you are working out on the daily to lose weight. Protein is still needed, however assuming you have a balanced diet I guarentee you are already getting enough protein in your diet. When you are looking for a good source of protein choose lean meats like Chicken. Also tuna and salmon are fantastic for you in many different ways. Above all protein is mainly used to build muscle. Thats why all the meat heads in the gym love the stuff. (I admit I do too) But have you ever seen anyone on the treadmill pull out a protein shake? no. While protein is essential in any diet. I would not stress about protein if you are trying to cut weight. Focus more on exercising more often and eating many natural foods low in fat.

Hard to believe you're a sports and nutrition major when you're going around spreading broscience like that.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* are you saying?

You do realize this is an international site where English may not be everyone's first language, right? A little compassion goes a long way.
  • alisonmrose
    Options
    Last October I came across an online food tracker web app which i decided start using, while using it found where I was going wrong and changed some habits, since then have lost 35 lbs and made it into a lifestyle change, with motivation and a drive to succeed to lose the weight and get down close to a healthy BMI range, am currently BMI of about 32% used to be around 39%. never used weightloss meds or supplements either.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* are you saying?

You do realize this is an international site where English may not be everyone's first language, right? A little compassion goes a long way.

I felt bad after using capital letters, but when I went back it was too late to edit...
  • ssonia29
    ssonia29 Posts: 30
    Options
    As in specialized protein supplements like protein shakes, bars ,etc? I tried a protein shake powder once and hated it. Otherwise, no protein supplements, diet pills or other medications. Lost my weight simply by eating a relatively healthy diet, with a few bad days here and there, and exercising more than I was. A lot of raw vegetables, more complex carbs like brown rice or roasted sweet potatoes, and generally lean cuts of meat for protein. I have not completely excluded anything from my diet, just make smarter choices. I also track everything I eat. Food scale and measuring cups at home have opened my eyes to how badly I was off when guess at portion sizes, and definitely overeating because of that. I do eat back most of my exercise calories because I know I need to fuel my body, and the Net Calorie goal MFP generates already has the deficit to meet your weight loss goal built into it.

some pics are in my profile.

well Done , cos i know lots of ppl sticking to no artificial goods to loose weight . i wanted to start taking isopore and my instructor strickly told me if you were loosinh weight without taking suppliments then donot use them cos they end up putting weight back heavily once you stopconsuming them.
  • ssonia29
    Options
    I just reached my goal weight and have NEVER dreamed of putting those sorts of things in my body! What goes in is whole, healthy, live foods and what goes out is good hard exercise!! I'm 48 and have never in my life been in this good of shape! When you give your body what it wants it will respond in kind!!!!! Do it the ritght way, you will not regret it!! God luck!!

thanks thats aweme , i belive in this too . this quote is much appriciated
  • ssonia29
    Options
    hello all,

How many of you have lost weight/got fit using any protein or medication or any other stuff

If your weight loss is real without all the above , please post pics

Much appreciated

Thanks,
    Sonia

I don't think you know what protein powder is.

that is exactly i am interestedto know
  • ssonia29
    Options
    added: OH WAIT DO YOU MEAN NO PROTEIN AT ALL??? then no, I eat chicken, steak, beans, nuts, eggs etc

Lost 50lbs eating more fresh foods and exercising... I did eat granola bars

we are talking about artificial goods , suppliments for weigh loss

real foods are always good , even if you get frozen where there is no acsess to fresh food
  • ssonia29
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am so surprise with so many replies, thanks to all of you first

This topic was simply for awareness & nothing much

Much appreciated and well done to ppl who lost lots and lots of weight by training and healthy food and no supplements. It’s good to train yourself with real food,

I started this topic as i wanted to start taking protein or weight loss pills to fasten my burn but my trainer informed me not to, I don’t have much to lose only 25lbs to go, however he said its better to lose without using artificial good and be real cos you end up adding more when you stop training and i am sure some time in life you would due to any condition.. PPL think about that time

Thanks everyone once again and apologies to PPL who are against this topic

Thanks,
    Sonia
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would study more
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I agree with your instructor not to take diet pills.....Protein powder is a different story. Now....about whether or not to take protein powder....If you are able to get enough protein from whole foods (without going over your calorie goal) then that is ideal. Many of us can not do this without protein powder. That said protein powder is just concentrated protein....there are calories in it (though very protein dense) so it is a good option for the most protein/calorie. That said just adding protein will not help you lose weight any faster....there are calories so it will make you lose slower or not at all. The two main things to remember is weight lost is calories eaten vs calories out. Most believe protein helps retain lean mass while in a defecit. I would aim for 1g/protein per lb of lean body mass. As long as you stay at the same calories you are today this will not effect your weight loss.

As in specialized protein supplements like protein shakes, bars ,etc? I tried a protein shake powder once and hated it. Otherwise, no protein supplements, diet pills or other medications. Lost my weight simply by eating a relatively healthy diet, with a few bad days here and there, and exercising more than I was. A lot of raw vegetables, more complex carbs like brown rice or roasted sweet potatoes, and generally lean cuts of meat for protein. I have not completely excluded anything from my diet, just make smarter choices. I also track everything I eat. Food scale and measuring cups at home have opened my eyes to how badly I was off when guess at portion sizes, and definitely overeating because of that. I do eat back most of my exercise calories because I know I need to fuel my body, and the Net Calorie goal MFP generates already has the deficit to meet your weight loss goal built into it.

some pics are in my profile.

well Done , cos i know lots of ppl sticking to no artificial goods to loose weight . i wanted to start taking isopore and my instructor strickly told me if you were loosinh weight without taking suppliments then donot use them cos they end up putting weight back heavily once you stopconsuming them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight without ever having a protein bar or shake, but after I started focusing more on strength training and body composition, it just made more sense to have a delicious 200 calorie protein bar with 15g of protein as a snack than a delicious 200 calorie candy bar with maybe 2g of protein.

And as I went into maintenance and my calorie goal increased, sometimes adding a little protein powder to a glass of milk that I was going to drink anyway was a good way to reach both my calorie and protein goals.

It's not necessary at all, but it's not cheating, either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!