Ladies 5'4 What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'4" but have a dense frame...I had a body composition analysis done a few months ago and found out that by itself my frame weighs 125lbs, which I'm told is an average size for a 5'8" woman! So I am aiming for 150-155, as my doc says that's the lowest I should go in order to still have a healthy percentage of body fat. That was always a range I found easy to maintain too, guess there was a reason to that. (and probably why my lowest post-puberty weight has only been 127)

My mom, on the other hand, has a much smaller frame, so even though we're about the same height, through her 20s and 30s she was always in the 110-115 range. I haven't seen that range since about age 11!

Point is...aim for whatever works best for your individual body! :wink:
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WOW I am shooting for 150 but I am 5'2" you'all are making me think I should lower a bit.
    I really can't see myself at 150 let alone lower no matter how many success stories I read I just can't see that for me.:ohwell:
    Would be nice though
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm about 214 right now and I also carry my weight in my hips, thighs, and arms (especially my arms!). My goal weight is 140, but I'll continue to reevaluate as I progress. Like someone else said, my goal isn't to be skinny/thin, but a healthy "curvy. I'm hoping that I lose the arms, but keep the boobs (I'm a D right now, but I know I'm likely to see a reduction - hopefully no smaller than a C), and only moderately reduce the size of my hips and thighs.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3. I am have an hour glass shape. I am 142 now, my goal is 137 but I am really happy with where I am. I like my curves and when I got married, I was around 130 and looked gross for me anyway. I have a lot of muscle tone and my only trouble spot is my thighs.

Just wanted to share my experience because I am struggling with the number on the scale but I am wearing size 4's. So I am not sure if I am staying at this weight or loosing a few more. I think my mind needs to catch up with my body then I may lose a few more but who knows!

It's a journey for all of us so don't pick just one number and don't focus on one thing. Think healthy and when you get there you will know :)
  • jeniley65
    jeniley65 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am looking for 120-125 but not so much worried about the number as the size fo my clothes and how they feel on me!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started at 205, currently at 158 and I want to get to 130. I am not happy with 158, we shall see what happens when I get to 130 :D
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think I would be happy at 150ish.
  • ncfranco
    ncfranco Posts: 3
    Options
    I would honestly say go for bodyfat% reduction. That will give you a true measure of the size you should be. There are people of varying weight and sizes that all look very different depending on how the weight is carried. A perfect example is myself. I am heavier in weight but my bodyfat% is much lower, I am almost 3 sizes smaller and my measurements are much smaller. So it really depends on body composition. Eventually when your bodyfat% is where is should be your weight will be there too. Just my two cents... My goal bodyfat % is 19 and my goal weight (if I had to list one) is 130.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I'm 150 right now (two babies and a love for wine) and I'd be happy at 135. Granted, I was always less than 125 before the kids, but my body has changed shape to the point that I won't ever look like I used to. *SIGH*

Ditto 135
  • alyssatuininga
    alyssatuininga Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started a little over 200lbs. I am now in the high 180s. Right now my goal is to get under 150.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    5'4", large frame and large chest. Ultimately I'm shooting for about 145 but not sure that would be maintainable for me. Based on the number of sizes I've lost already, getting to 145 would put me in a size 8. That would be PERFECT!!

^^^This^^^

I am very large chested... "DD" but my doctor said that I would look good in my 150s.... but my goal is to get to 160.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 140, and my goal is either to hit 120 or a very comfortable and toned size 4. Years ago I burned off a lot of body fat from a weight loss program. I weighed 128 and in a comfy 4. That's where I felt my best.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    < --- I was around 125-130 in my pic. That's where I wanna be. I carry my weight around my midsection. The dreaded spare tire!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm on the bigger spectrum of 5'4" gals. My ultimate goal weight is 155-160, since I'm currently at 226.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to walk into your average store, pick up a medium and have it fit. I don't really care what weight I am at in order to do that.
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would like to be between 140 and 150. I wanna keep my boobs and my hips! Also, I'm kinda weird about feeling spine bumps and ribs - I just don't like it at all on me or my partner!
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    According to BMI standards, your weight should be between 108 and 145 to be within the normal BMI range of 18.5 to 24.9. I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 130. That's probably on the high end for someone my height (I'm curvy, too...even at that weight I'm still a 36D) But I feel good at that weight. It makes me about a size 6 and I am totally happy with that. As long as clothes fit well and I feel confident, then that is what matters to me.
  • squintana1979
    squintana1979 Posts: 101
    Options
    I am 5'4 and large chested with a small body frame. My goal weight is 145 but at some point, I will shoot for 135 or so. Just depends on how I feel when I get there.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think with my body my weight works well I have a very nice hourglass figure at 32DD, 22.5 waist and 31 hips :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal is to be somewhere between 125 and 140. If I were 5'4" my goal would probably be 120-130.