Poll: Do you have stretch marks???

Options
I have stretch mark all over my lower armpit area, due to weight lifting! I am so pist.
Do you find stretch marks un-attractive?

Replies

• badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    I think I like to think of them as a tiger earning their stripes :)
    I've been pretty overweight all my life and never had rapid weight gain, so my stretch marks aren't super visible. They're skin-colored, not the usual purple/red.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If someone is into you they won't care if you have stretch marks & if they do they probably aren't worth your time?

:smile:

And yes I have stretch marks - some from losing weight, gaining weight but the majority of mine are from being pregnant.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I wonder: Who in this site hasnt!

I have them all around my belly, I used to dislike them, not anymore!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since I can remember, but I've been overweight most of my life so. My boyfriend also has stretch marks, particularly on his shoulders and some areas on his abdomen, but they're from weights as well and are silver.

Personally I can't stand my own stretch marks because I am very very pale (I'm as white as the Caucasian race comes despite having Italian and Native American blood in me too) and they're very noticeable. I don't particularly enjoy seeing other women with visible ones but they tend to be overweight and somehow ignorant that the clothes on their body is 5 sizes too small. On my guy I don't find them unattractive even though I notice them. I don't think anyone's skin is really perfect so you have to expect some sort of fault.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't think I know anyone that doesn't have them, adults that is. I have skinny friends and big friends and they all have them somewhere on their body.

It is normal. You get them from gaining, losing, having babies, weight lighting, and growing tall.

I do not find them unattractive.They are just part of life.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess I'm not the only one, facing this skin issue.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    yup! and personally i don't find them unattractive!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    yes I do. when I was 16 i was the biggest i have ever been, until now. I weighed 150 and getting bigger. over the summer I became very sick with Crohn's disease, and lost 50 pounds. So I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and my booty.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have them on my arms. I hate it because I can not wear anything sleeveless!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I don't have any.

Boyfriend does, I don't mind at all :]
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I made it thru 3 kids with only 1 stretch mark on my hip. I had surgery 2 years ago & filled up with so much fluid I was like a human sponge(pretty gross). I have them everywhere now, luckily they are light. If someone is grossed out by them, screw 'em. They are a part of me now & if you take me, the stretch marks come along too. I don't find them gross on other people. They are like battle scars from a fight well fought.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    No... I dont know how... b/c I have gained and lost so much in my lifetime! But none....
  • drdortch
    drdortch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YES, I DO !!

They from my pregnancy.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh I know how you feel. I am a basketball star, and I have to wear tanktops all the time during games. It's so embarrassing.
    To compensate for my stretch marks, I am going to bulk up, so people wouldn't care about it.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have tons - some from being fat, some from having carried a child around inside of me for 42 weeks.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My youngest child was 2 feet tall when he was born. I earned those stretch marks. I am a pale pasty white girl so they are very noticeable.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i have them but they are so light (almost my skin color) so you have to look really close to see them .. it doesn't bother me 1 bit
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Some from being fat a large part of my life and some from pregnancy. My husband has them too. They never bothered me on him a bit.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm covered in them, all over my legs, and arms and belly. Thankfully they are kinda silvery so they are almost pretty. But they are still ugly cause they are stretch marks :(
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from weight gain and pregnancy. I don't think stretch marks are unattractive. My DH has some too. I look right past them, meaning they aren't a turn off at all.
This discussion has been closed.