and i love them
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    General consensus...most everyone has them
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do. At 12-13, I gained about 60-70 lbs in about 60 months and went from chubby to obese. I ended up with a lot of stretch marks. Over time, they have faded, and I am really pale, so I can only see them in bright light and if I am looking for them.
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with stretchmarks. It just shows how far you've come :)
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I have them on my hips and inner thighs from when I rapidly got fat. My boyfriend, literally the skinniest person ever, has them all over his back from having to lift heavy things at his job.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have three kids and don't have any...I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with people having stretch marks and do not find them unattractive....my skin is somewhat loose from the babies...and I hate that...so even though no stretch marks ,none of us are prefect...what would be the fun in that?
  • nicoletherese14
    Options
    I have stretchmarks on my hips, breasts and bum, but they've faded over time and don't bother me. I've never had anyone else comment about them either :)
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    I do on my belly! BUT I'm light skinned so they kinda blend(not red..very light colored)and I have freckles in my belly so they kinda blend in with the marks :)
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have them on my stomach, hips, upper arms and boobs. They're mostly clear now so I can't see them so much anymore, which makes me less self conscious about them. I don't mind them on anyone else either :smile:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have some very thin friends that have them. I have had three children and don't have any. Not sure how I escaped them. I do not find then unattractive, I think they are part of life for so many people.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I had them before pregnancy and earned everyone on my belly carrying that child to a full term of 8lbs 13ozs! But yes men can get them when they build muscle rapidly and don't religiously use skin lotions and oils
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I never realized i had stretch marks till recently, they are very faint but I got them while being pregnant and when i first developed breasts. Now when I look at what my stomach will look like flat I can see them. I dont have a problem with stretch marks. They are a part of life for many people. Au natural. If they are from a weightloss, that is just one more thing to be proud of.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have so many that it's literally like a road map. O_o

But I'd rather be fit and have them be more noticeable than still be filling out the same area!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    yes i have stretch marks and arent ashame of them and neither should anyone else..noone is perfect..i love me!! #team beautiful!!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    i've got them!

Depends on a few things... genetically and environmentally -> how soft and elastic is your skin?
    Your healing style -> do you heal with hypertrophic scarring or keloids?
    Wait gain and loss rate -> quick gain and quick loss gives the skin the least amount of time to adjust naturally

I have stretch marks on my arms from gaining muscle very and naturally quick

I have stretch marks on my stomach because I gained weight over 5 years ago very very quickly.. kept it on.. then lost it all and more just as quickly.

I use cocoa butter and vitamin e 400iu capsules (the oil inside them) on the marks and it has helped. Also exfoliation of the skin with a rub (like st ives apricot scrub) helps by expediting the time it takes the skin to break down and form anew. I've heard wonderful things about Mederma but have yet to try it.. in fact I should get some tomorrow!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have lots of them. Tummy, boobs, legs(mostly my thighs), side, lower back..mostly from being pregnant twice. I am very pale so they aren't super noticeable but I hate them along with the extra skin on my tummy.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yup, everywhere. Even behind my knees. It takes some time to get used to it, but they fade over time. I don't think they are unattractive either. The guy I'm dating right now is very fit and muscular and attractive and has big, thick ones down his sides, a few little ones around his navel, and on his under arms and on his lower back. I find them sexy because it shows the progress that he is made, since he used to be pretty overweight. They are like tattoos to me.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Around my lower section (thighs and butt) very very light ones on my breast but they are all fairly light and small and not that noticeable, I don't have any huge (pregnancy like) ones
  • Rachspo
    Rachspo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks don't bother me on others. I have a few on my hips, and they're light. I have two kids, but no stretch marks on my stomach, but it's just luck. I don't think there's much you can do either way. If you're fit, they usually fade into the background.

^ If you're fit they usually fade into the background.
    Just what I needed to hear. My post baby stretch marks and saggy skin have always discouraged me from trying to get fit. Figured why bother trying if I'm not going to be able to look the way I want... but I know stretch marks can literally fade over time and skin can bounce back... and the rest will fade into the background because muscles weigh more than stretch marks hehe.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a few here and there. Don't care though. I just want to dump this weight.

I admit that the thought of extra stretch marks or loose skin kept me from getting in shape for a bit. But I'm 39 now and don't give a crap. I'm going to hit 40 hardcore style. :)
This discussion has been closed.