May Drink More Water Challenge

Options
Welcome to those continuing the challenge from April and a huge hello to you newbies for May!!

Do you have a hard time drinking your 8 glasses of water each day or even drinking 3 glasses? I do. That's why I've created a "drink more water" challenge. If you're interested, log in here your water amount daily.

Don't worry if you don't like plain water. Crystal Light, lemon and other 0-calorie flavorings are completely allowed. Anything to get you drinking more water.

I would suggest starting out slow and working your way up to 8 glasses. I've pushed water before, and it made me sick. That way your bladder will get used to the slowly increasing water amount.

I need motivation, so let's motivate each other to drink more water and feel healthier!!

Replies

• mytopspin
    Options
    Does anyone know whether drinking sparkling water counts as getting your 8 cups of water a day?
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll join.
    Though i drink like 12 glasses a day.
    I drink so much, yet I don't pee that much :/
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know whether drinking sparkling water counts as getting your 8 cups of water a day?

I would say yes. The base is water. It's not soda. I use Crystal Light in my water.

Welcome aboard!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll join.

Welcome! Your 12 glasses will motivate the rest of us. :smile:
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    In my effort to cut out diet soda I've taken up water. Was tough at first because I don't like the no taste part and most of the flavoring packets I find to be too sweet for me. But I try to to drink the big Smart Water bottle while I'm at work! I'm up to 11 glasses today! :-)
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    I am in, I have tired and tried, so hopefully this will give me motivation as well. :D
  • naddie7
    naddie7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I drink about 10 glasses a day. I have a desk job so drinking water helps keep me stay full so i'm not snacking all day. I've heard 2 answers to this questions but do coffee and/or tea count as water intake?
  • RJC65
    RJC65 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another month. Thanks gor organizing.
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 glasses a day. I have a desk job so drinking water helps keep me stay full so i'm not snacking all day.

Mine is a lot of movement, but when I'm at my desk I'll chug water so I don't eat more :)

P.S.

I will be logging my water here every day! Thanks for the motivation.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been trying to drink 11 cups per day. I read you should drink half your weight in ounces, but it's been a real challenge. (That's a recommendation by Dr. Daniel Amen in "The Amen Solution") I find if I drink 8 cups by the end of lunch, I can meet my daily goal. If I drink anything after 8:00 pm, I'm up in the middle of the night. I really hate that!
  • deefire
    deefire Posts: 1
    Options
    I will do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll join.

Welcome! Your 12 glasses will motivate the rest of us. :smile:

Good Luck. I've found out that drinking more water leads to faster weight loss :) I heard from someone, that if you drink some before you sleep, you'll lose more. Its seems like a pretty reasonable statement.
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi *big wave*
    I'm new to the boards but spotted this thread and HAD to join in. I'm utterly useless at drinking water. I can go several days before I realise I've had none and only then because I'm starting to feel unwell. I've managed to get up to around 2 glasses a day since I started MFP so I'm challenging myself to get up to 4 this month. Thanks for spurring me on, even though you didn't know you were!
    x
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this again! I am in!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this Month! :drinker:

5/01 --
    5/02 --
    5/03 --
    5/04 --
    5/05 --
    5/06 --
    5/07 --
    5/08 --
    5/09--
    5/10 --
    5/11 --
    5/12 --
    5/13 --
    5/14 --
    5/15 --
    5/16 --
    5/17 --
    5/18 --
    5/19 --
    5/20 --
    5/21 --
    5/22 --
    5/23 --
    5/24 --
    5/25 --
    5/26 --
    5/27 --
    5/28 --
    5/29 --
    5/30 --
    5/31 --
  • secz
    secz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just what I need.
  • sandtrejo
    sandtrejo Posts: 1
    Options
    Im in! Now thats 8- 8oz cups of water?
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im in - there are days I do great and days where its the end of the day and realize that I have not drank a single cup and had coffee all day. I cut out soda a few months ago.
  • leannbiggs
    leannbiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in also!! I usually get my 8 in a day, but no more than that. Im gonna try for 10 a day. :-)
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'll join. I drink 14-16 glasses a day. I am NEVER without my water bottle. Aim for drinking a cup more every week or so and your body will start to adjust. Just keep sipping!