what are your favorite abdominal exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    I do pilates and when i was doing it consistantly i saw a huge difference in my waistline and my abs were def forming, so thats where i learned alot of these moves. Some of my favs are...

Laying flat arms above head rise up with out letting ur legs come up and reach to ur toes and then go back down VERY VERY slowly and come back up NOT using momentum.

Sitting on ur butt bones with ur legs bent (straight u can do but its harder) lifted off the floor, hands behind ur body holding ur weight up, take legs to each side slowly, if u do it right its killer!

In a regular crunch position take ur body up and around and then go back the opposite direction, you will feel it everywhere.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Speaking of abdominal exercises, is it true when people say if you walk around with your stomach muscles tensed up/tighten that it helps to tone your stomach?? You know kinda like kegal exercises :bigsmile:

sure it would, but damn, that's a terrible way to walk around all day. why not just take 10 minutes 3 times a week and do a workout.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Planks and all variations of planks (holding planks, plank punches, side planks, moving legs out side to side in plank), bicycle crunches, V-sits (pilates move), windshield wipers, oblique twists, and all of Ab Ripper X. :bigsmile: I've also really seen changes in the abs from doing plyo moves, squat thrusts, moves where you are working your abs w/out realizing it! Also love the medicine and exercise balls to work ya!

Oh, and definitely don't forget to work the lower back also! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Speaking of abdominal exercises, is it true when people say if you walk around with your stomach muscles tensed up/tighten that it helps to tone your stomach?? You know kinda like kegal exercises :bigsmile:

sure it would, but damn, that's a terrible way to walk around all day. why not just take 10 minutes 3 times a week and do a workout.

:laugh: My mom always said.......tummy in, shoulders back. We were a tiny family and my mom HAD not tummy..........I was 100 pounds............what tummy?? Now I understand:laugh:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options

That would be in addition to the workout :laugh: I do it sometimes when I'm walking around at work but not sure it was making a difference doing that :bigsmile:
  • Lookgreat
    Options
    bump
  • Lookgreat
    Options
    Well I have a question - how do you log these on the exercise dairy - under what name - calisthenics ?
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    the best thing i found so far was the ab slide...OMG does this thing work! and no neck pain
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Hello,

I'm not going to say that these are my favorite, but definitely the fastest results for me.

1. running on the treadmill, doing 2 minute intervals as fast as you can go, then rest for 1 min in between sets. Do this for 10 minutes.
    2. Get in "plank " position, hold for 30 seconds, then touch each hip to the ground for a total of 10. Do three sets. If you can stay up through all 3 sets.
    3. Get a exercise ball, lay on your back and pass the ball back and forth from your hands to your feet.

Have Fun!

Agreed with this one for sure... I was about to start saying run, then planks. Do side planks too, it will develop the whole core area and not just the front abs.