2»

Replies

• missbabybee
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I've found that the texture of the cool whip and pudding mix topping gets better after a day or two of the cupcakes being in the fridge. When it's first mixed, the pudding "powder" doesn't seem to mix in all the way, and can leave a kind of grainy/sandy texture, but it does go away once they're refrigerated :smile:
  • jnikitow
    Options
    How long do you cook them for? The batter seems like it would be very thin and watery.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    How long do you cook them for? The batter seems like it would be very thin and watery.

Actually, it's not. Mix 12 ounces of soda with the cake mix. I find it works best if you then let it sit for about 15 minutes before sticking it in the oven. It's not watery at all. Cook it for the amount of time that it says on the box- just like normal cake/cupcakes. Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • erocksawesome
    Options
    So, can you make this in cake form too? Or does it only work in cupcakes?
  • famousamos21993
    Options
    Hi I am a big choc-aholic... If this works I will be sooooo happy. Is there other brands of soda I could use if I can't find this and also I am assuming you use instant pudding? Thanks can't wait to try.
  • Saudimom
    Options
    I bought a Dark Choc. cake mix today will add a diet coke and 8 large marshmellows and a hand full of pecans and see what results I get Kinda like a rocky road?

I can't wait to hear how that turns out! Keep us posted!
    Update it was ---is awesome I impressed my friends Try it Oh and I added 2 egg whites much better!!
  • Saudimom
    Options
    So, can you make this in cake form too? Or does it only work in cupcakes?
    Yesw you can but cupcakes helps on the serving size!
  • PatB52
    Options
    I'm going to have to give this a try! Sounds wonderful. I'll probably have to wait for a special occasion or I'd end up eating them all myself. LOL Hey, Monday is a holiday!
  • KatieLynn82
    KatieLynn82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later. Thanks for all the great ideas and variations!:happy:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to give this a try! Sounds wonderful. I'll probably have to wait for a special occasion or I'd end up eating them all myself. LOL Hey, Monday is a holiday!

The freezing them idea is great because my greatest battle is sweets!!!
  • joanewright
    Options
    saving for later...sounds really good...
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    Options
    Why didn't someone post this recipe earlier!! It sounds wonderful
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    bump
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmmmmm. :love:

I made a batch of soda cupcakes tonight and I can NOT believe how good they are. I just ate one with an 8 oz glass of milk and it was the most amazing 150 calorie dessert I have ever eaten.

I used
    1 box of devil's food cake mix
    12oz diet Cheerwine (cherry flavored soda, I don't think it's nationally available)
    1 tub sugar free whipped topping
    about 3/4 packet sugar free cheesecake flavor pudding mix

It's like a cherry chocolate cheesecake. :heart: And only 110 calories for a big cupcake. I made 12 regular sized cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes (55 calories each!).

Mine stuck to the papers a little (I undercooked them because I was afraid they'd be too dry), so next time I may just make it in a square pan & cut it into 24 squares.

I have them on a cookie sheet in the freezer right now, individually freezing. Then I'm just going to vacuum seal them in a zip top bag & try to forget about them the rest of the weekend. :laugh: I don't want to make it a daily snack, but it sure is a delicious way to satisfy a craving without ruining your day! Even with such an indulgent treat I'm under 1300 calories for the whole day today. :happy:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I'm trying this recipe tonight with orange cake mix and ginger ale. Yum :) I can't wait.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmmmmm. :love:

I made a batch of soda cupcakes tonight and I can NOT believe how good they are. I just ate one with an 8 oz glass of milk and it was the most amazing 150 calorie dessert I have ever eaten.

I used
    1 box of devil's food cake mix
    12oz diet Cheerwine (cherry flavored soda, I don't think it's nationally available)
    1 tub sugar free whipped topping
    about 3/4 packet sugar free cheesecake flavor pudding mix

It's like a cherry chocolate cheesecake. :heart: And only 110 calories for a big cupcake. I made 12 regular sized cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes (55 calories each!).

Mine stuck to the papers a little (I undercooked them because I was afraid they'd be too dry), so next time I may just make it in a square pan & cut it into 24 squares.

I have them on a cookie sheet in the freezer right now, individually freezing. Then I'm just going to vacuum seal them in a zip top bag & try to forget about them the rest of the weekend. :laugh: I don't want to make it a daily snack, but it sure is a delicious way to satisfy a craving without ruining your day! Even with such an indulgent treat I'm under 1300 calories for the whole day today. :happy:

Be careful, and tell yourself they are gross frozen! :wink: My daughter had the bright idea to eat them straight from the freezer... oh, and they tasted like an icecream cake frozen... and I couldn't stop at one. I think I'll have to make them again when I';ll be able to give most of them away, like pot luck at work or a meeting, etc..
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princessjade22
    Options
    Thank you so much I made a cake for the family tonight and they loved it. I couldn't find the chocolate soda, but I just used a diet coke and it tasted good. The best part was I didn't feel guilty about having a piece of cake. :happy:
  • brittanyb00
    brittanyb00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump!!!