AM Workout “VS” PM Workouts

Options

Replies

• ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I do both.

Once per week I do a breakfast, lunch, dinner kind of workout.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning workouts...helps me stress less about going over my cals all day. Plus it seems to be more effective in losing weight. Don't ask me why...lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning workouts but we haven't been able to get our butts out of bed at a decent time so lately it's been afternoon. Morning is better because it's not that crowded. The later the afternoon gets the more people go and then it's difficult to get equipment and the free weight area gets really busy.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Definitely AM workouts. I find that it gives me energy during the day, helps me wake up (I'm so not a morning person) and I eat better during the day if I've exercised already. The days that I don't get my AM workout in, I crave more of the sugary high calorie foods. If I've exercised I'm quite happy with my salad and fruit :)
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Omigosh! This is something I think about all the time....

I really like mornings. My workout is done and over first thing, all other calorie expenditures are a bonus. I feel energized the rest of the day. I never have another obligation pop up that prevents me from completing my workout HOWEVER, I hate, hate, hate getting up in the mornings.

In the evenings I feel like I get more out of my workout. I assume that this is due to having fueled my body all day as opposed to mornings when I'm working out after the overnight fast. I also feel like the evening workout helps me get rid of some of the days stresses, which is beneficial.

Alas, due to my hatred of getting up early, the evening workout usually wins but I would honestly prefer the morning.
  • mizzfitnesss
    mizzfitnesss Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I make more progress in PM workouts.

AM workouts make me feel better.

I've noticed this too. I'm a morning person so I prefer to just get it over with, but when I am forced to work out in the PM I do tend to push myself a bit more. Wonder why that is?

You guys are giving me something to think about
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its makes my whole day feel sexy- and besides- whos gonna eat a bunch of bad decisions after starting the day killing it at the gym??

Also, i prefer my gym time int he AM to be a treat for me, as opposed to having one at the end of the day I must do out of guilt.

Its all perspective babe!
  • mizzfitnesss
    mizzfitnesss Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning workouts but we haven't been able to get our butts out of bed at a decent time so lately it's been afternoon. Morning is better because it's not that crowded. The later the afternoon gets the more people go and then it's difficult to get equipment and the free weight area gets really busy.
    [/quote

SO TRUE
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It has to be pm - I'm not a morning person and one of the kids is always up., In the evening once they have gone to bed.
  • ef79
    ef79 Posts: 4
    Options
    I prefer to exercise in the afternoon and evening. I’m not a morning person and I tend to push myself harder in the evening. It’s an excellent way to decompress and de-stress at the end of the day which means I fall asleep faster. Double bonus.
  • Dannib55
    Dannib55 Posts: 50
    Options
    AM. Then the reminder of the day belongs to me. I just started working out for the first time before work this morning and I have so much energy. I hope I will be able to cont, but I don't want to wake up at 4 am.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like both. I am recently started to go to the gym before work at 6AM AND if I have nothing to do, again AFTER work around 6PM. I like it. Even though I am NOT a morning person, it does energize me and I think it's a great way to start the day.
  • Pururin
    Pururin Posts: 16
    Options
    I prefer mid-day or early evening workouts. I like to go out while the sun is still up, but I have a hard time getting motivated for anything in the morning, so I take it easy. PM workouts seem to help me relax in the evening and expel any extra energy I might have and it helps me sleep better.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning right now, usually get there about 9am (im a sahm). I might have to start going in the afternoon some days though, since there are some classes I want to do, that they don't have in the morning. which is kind of annoying, but oh well. Mornings are good since its not too busy and I'm not fighting to get on equipment.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    AM workouts for sure! Although I can be a procrastinator and do pm workouts...am workouts are so much nicer for me because I feel like I have a whole day to do whatever I want now and don't have to worry about working out for the rest of the day!

I always say "YOU HAVE TO WORKOUT IN THE MORNING BEFORE YOUR BRAIN REALIZES WHAT YOUR MAKING IT DO!"

:)
  • KCharron20
    KCharron20 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm an AM workout person. Never thought I would be, but now I love it. I feel so much better, all day long. I do go back to the gym 2 nights a week to meet with my trainer.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person, so definitely AM. The gym is pretty empty at 5:30 a.m. and so are the sidewalks, if I decide to run. Once I get my workout in, I feel productive enough to continue my day.:smile:
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to get up in the morning to do an AM workout so it is out of the way, but sadly, I am not a morning person and the PM workout wins.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Mornings for me.

I hit the gym around 4:40 am. I have tried working out in the afternoon, but I guess I am just a morning person.
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning. I have so much more energy for the day if i do them in the morning. In the evening i just want to relax and knowing that it's already done i don't have to worry about it :).