Replies

• avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Sign me up.
    Before May 1
    What your goals are for the month: Lose 7 pounds
    How you will be measuring: Scales
    What your motivators are: Ultimately, getting under 200 lbs.
    What your biggest weakness are: Wine, weekends, mexican food
    May 1
    Weekly calorie burn: 2620
    New activity: I don't exercise much besides going to the gym or playing golf, so this week, I'm going to do my walking outside.
    What don't I like? Eat breakfast every day.
  • bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!
    What your goals are for the month: to lose 10lbs
    How you will be measuring: Scale
    What your motivators are: Planning a trip to the amusmant park this summer and wanting to go Sky Diving!
    What your biggest weakness are: soda (I love coke) and sweets
  • misspoetic
    misspoetic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Prior to May 1:
    Firstly my goal is to fit into my lil red dress PROPERLY. hence i will not be using measuring tape and scales just my dress
    Starting May 1:
    i will burn 2570 calories per week and this week ill start with zumba.
    i also want to limit liquid calories to once per day.
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What your goals are for the month: Lose 5 lbs and finish c25k
    How you will be measuring: weighing weekly on Tuesdays and taking measurements at the beginning and end of the month
    What your motivators are: vacation in June!
    What your biggest weakness are: food in the office (especially cookie Thursday)
    Weekly calorie burn: 2680
    New activity: this week I will do 3 days of zumba on my non-running days
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What your goals are for the month: I would LOVE to lose 8-10 pounds. Going on vacation 2nd week of June!
    How you will be measuring: inches & pounds
    What your motivators are: The cute bikini I bought but won't brave wearing the top w/o a cover up
    What your biggest weakness are: not bringing my lunch to work and ordering food with coworkers.

ETA: I eat between 1300 and 1600 calories per day. 1200 is too little for me. Therefore my burn should be between 2300 and 2600. I'll shoot for 2600! I should be receiving my Les Mills Pump this week and will be starting that ASAP!

Good luck ladies (and gents)
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals:
    Finish the last 20 days of the 30 Day Shred.
    Run 50 miles in this month (track with Map My Run)
    BE HONEST in my food diary
    Measurements of body and weight
    My biggest motivators are: my pool opening in less than 1 month, a float trip, summer in general and the 3 half marathons I'm running this fall.
    My biggest weaknesses are: my job (I teach cooking to HS kids), giving myself a break (not counting ALL calories I consume), and my love for food. I need to learn that not everything is my "friend"!!

Add me if you love running or want to learn more about running. :) Happy Monday!
  • Ibiine
    Ibiine Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm In!!
    This is my first time doing this, and I'm really looking for a way to stay motivated.

What your goals are for the month: To get back down to my weight I was 2 months ago (143-145) ultimately getting down to 135. To try to do something outside everyday (even if its just walking--taking the long route instead of the short one)

How you will be measuring : My dusty scale in my bathroom.

What your motivators are: I want to live a healthier lifestyle, to feel healthier and to learn to LOVE or (like) exercise.

What your biggest weakness are:
    School (Senior-Undergrad) the stress makes me want to eat (ESPECIALLY while I'm studying), not being consistent especially with writing in my calories, laziness (sleeping in), and losing motivation when I don't see results quickly
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!

What your goals are for the month: Lose 5 pounds and at least 3 inches
    How you will be measuring: I do a monthly weigh and measure at Curves the last week of the month
    What your motivators are: Not going to lie, my biggest motivator right now is I'm sick of being fat and I want to be thin again. But also, I want to get healthy and put on lean muscle.
    What your biggest weakness are: NIGHT EATING. Ugh!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    WooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo May 1st!!!

Can I just say that I picked the WORST week to start this whole thing?!?!? This week I have an anniversary and bday. Of course, that means dinner and cake!!! But, I'm here, I'm ready and can't wait to see where we all are at the end of this month.

This morning I spent 25 minutes with Ms. Michaels. I did the 30 Day Shred a while ago and did a pretty good job. Can I just say that the woman kicked my butt this morning - - - sweating within 5 minutes!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    This morning I spent 25 minutes with Ms. Michaels. I did the 30 Day Shred a while ago and did a pretty good job. Can I just say that the woman kicked my butt this morning - - - sweating within 5 minutes!

How is the 30DS? I've seen some nice before and after pics. Does it have a lot of jumping? I'm tempted to try it, but I have to be careful, I have not advance to that range of motion yet, and the side steps is very little cardio compared to JJs.

I'm waiting for the clock to run down so I can spend some quality time in the gym! I'm so looking forward to it!
  • erinpumpkin13
    erinpumpkin13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!

What your goals are for the month: lose 4 more pounds

How you will be measuring: my scale

What your motivators are: my wedding in 102 days

What your biggest weakness are: chocolate, sweets, losing motivation, cheating with counting calories

This month I am starting beach volleyball as my new activity! Although not a new activity, it is also now rollerblading season!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I went for a nice run today, which still feels like my new activity! I just started a few weeks ago. I'm going to try some of the free netflix and on demand workouts. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Ibiine
    Ibiine Posts: 2
    Options
    I wasn't able to get much exercise today (finals are around the corner, so I'm busier than usual). I did wake up earlier this morning, and took the long way to my classes, so I could get some form of exercise in *pats self on back*

I plan on waking up early tomorrow to get a workout in and doing some ab workouts tonight!

Good luck everyone!!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,143 Member
    Options
    I have to revise my goals - I want to lose those 2 kg I mentioned before, plus the weight I gained on my mini vacation on the last few days...

And just for clarification - how do we count the weeks for the exercise burn? From Tuesday to Monday (since the 1st has been a Tuesday), or form Monday to Sunday?
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I would like to Drop from 226 to 220.

Caloric burn Goal
    Week 1 - 1000 cal
    Week 2 - 1500 cal
    Week 3 - 2000 cal
    Week 4 - 2500 cal
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just seen this post and I'm in!!!

May goal is to lose 6lbs.

Motivators are:
    - Holiday in May
    - Regain running fitness

Weaknesses:
    - snacking
    - cheese
    - alcohol

Exercise aim:
    I'm on 1200 cals so need to burn 2200 this week

This week's goal:
    - Replace an hour in the evening usually spent on laptop doing cleaning in the house (ugh)..TWICE

Good luck all!
  • byrkar
    byrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Off to not such a good start yesterday, but today I'm back on track (I ate OK but didn't have any exercise - my body was exhausted and needed a breat). Great workout this morning and I got an HRM so I can know for sure how many calories I'm burning .
  • mosneakers
    Options
    [/quote]
    How is the 30DS? I've seen some nice before and after pics. Does it have a lot of jumping? I'm tempted to try it, but I have to be careful, I have not advance to that range of motion yet, and the side steps is very little cardio compared to JJs.

I'm waiting for the clock to run down so I can spend some quality time in the gym! I'm so looking forward to it!
    [/quote]

I hope I did this quote thing right - MFP technology and I aren't really friends!!! EDIT!!!! Of course, the "quotes" didn't come out. Sorry, Teetee!

There is some jumping in 30DS, right now it's just jumping jacks, but there is a lot of pressure on the knees initially (a lot of bending with weights - that's what you have to look out for). It's worth a try though!
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Let's see if I do this right this time - - - -
    Weeks = Tuesday to Monday. Report your weigh in on Tuesday. This week, you will add cals from May 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and post it on May 8th.

NOPE!!! Still didn't work! I feel so dumb.

The info is good for everyone though! :laugh:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post, where's the delete button when you want it?! :smile: