How would I get really defined muscular legs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Run up some hills! not the treadmill on an incline, but hills outside.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Insanity workout
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    from wayyyyyyy back when... I took ballet. that's where my muscles began. I had huge legs muscles for a teen! now, they just look strong! you have to build them and then really get lean. the fat has to go.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity workouts. My legs are the most defined I have seen them since.... never. hah!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

This and calf raises will build your calves... I have run outside, hills, distance running and it has done my legs a world of good defining them. The fat burns off them, the muscles build and tone well

Good luck!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

This and calf raises will build your calves... I have run outside, hills, distance running and it has done my legs a world of good defining them. The fat burns off them, the muscles build and tone well

Good luck!

I find that calf raises work especially well when you are holding an actual calf.

female_hand_holding_model_cow_10chw0127cl.jpg
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy.

I would suggest squatting Volkswagons. They're pretty heavy.

An Edsel is heavier.

If you want cut legs you need to reduce your body fat. That is done mostly through diet by maintaining a reasonable caloric deficit. Increasing your LBM will raise your metabolism but, except for certain situations, you need to be eating at a caloric surplus to gain muscle.

So - if you still want to lose weight, maintain a resonable deficit, lift heavy and eat adequate protein. This will help you preserve as much LBM as possible while you are reducing body fat.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Get in the weight area and start doing squats, deadlifts, lunges, etc. And go heavy.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pikefireman
    Pikefireman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges and stuff work...but...I am sorry, they are dreadfully boring and tiedious to me. Get a decent bicycle and leave it in a taller gear when you ride. Cyclists have rock solid legs and you get to enjoy changing scenery.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Squats and lunges and stuff work...but...I am sorry, they are dreadfully boring and tiedious to me. Get a decent bicycle and leave it in a taller gear when you ride. Cyclists have rock solid legs and you get to enjoy changing scenery.

Couldn't agree more. I am a trained cycling coach and the best legs of my life are the result of spending time on the bike, especially climbing or leaving the bike in a heavy gear. I also find squats, etc, tedious and boring.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oddly, cycling hasn't given me these biker thighs. I cycle most days, including hills, and in higher gears mostly, and my thighs are around 19 inches. However, my calves have got somewhat more muscular, lol.
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy.

I would suggest squatting Volkswagons. They're pretty heavy.

Ha. Good stuff.