What's your favorite Salad Dressing?

Options
12346»

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ken's Blue Cheese dressing (i know it's not the best for you, but there's some things I just can't give up!)
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I keep mine simple. Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO. BAM! done.
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sun dried tomato basil vinaigrette and Marzetti Light Caesar
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    I've been finding that most commercially produced salad dressings are so high in sodium, which is something I have to watch because of my blood pressure.

I'm going to start using my own homemade dressing and some recipes in this thread sound really good!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Depends on what's in the salad and what I'm feelin for. Plain old balsamic vinegar is good for me 75% of the time but the rest of the time I like the President's Choice blue menu ceasar from the superstore and the 54% less fat ranch from great value at walmart.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Ranch Light and Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Rasberry Vinagarette. (I'm going to try some of the homemade recipes you all posted!)
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    My favorite is Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan. It's delicious. It only has 40 calories for 2 TBS and it isn't a lite dressing. It tastes great on vegetables and is great for marinating meat, too.
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    ONE THATS FATTY - GREEN GODDESS
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    salsa mixed with light sour cream

i thought i was the only one who did that! lol. light mayo works well too, with that yummy zing :]
    deluxe french for store bought
    and i ADORE sweet onion sauce on my subway sub. infact i need to learn how to make that sauce at home. i would put it on everything!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Homemade:
    Equal parts of;
    Olive Oil
    Walnut Oil
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Maple (REAL!) Syrup

a smidgen of honey and Dijon mustard and a drop of minced garlic!
  • tigmic
    tigmic Posts: 12
    Options
    I put California dressing and a generous dose of Sriracha on my salads.
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yum, lots of great recipes. Thanks!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I frequently make my own vinaigrette, but also LOVE Ken's Light Ceasar (75 cal for 2 Tbsp), although 1 T is frequently enough for a large salad because it is so flavorful.
  • jillybean
    jillybean Posts: 57
    Options
    I really like the recipe from Allrecipes.com called "Lowfat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing". I did cut down the buttermilk to 1 cup. This is also good for dipping veggies in and as a topper on baked potatoe.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been using Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette over a salad of mixed greens or spinach with goat cheese, pecans and dried cranberries. Sooooo delicious =]

I also like just lemon juice and olive oil for salads with feta.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I use balsamic and olive oil. YUMMY!

Same! Also my fiance made me the most AMAZING vinaigrette, with a freshly squeezed orange and finely minced fresh ginger. Im absolutely obsessed with it. Im not sure what else is in it, ill need to ask him!!!!
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    I use Ken's light northern italian. 50 calories for 2 tablespoon. going to try some of these homemade recipes.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Today I made this:

1 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 tbspn fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tbspn Ponzu
    1/4 tbspn Dijon Mustard
    1/4 tbspn Cilantro
    salt
    pepper

stir, shake and enjoy! (1 serving)
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy Ken's dressing everyone keeps saying theyre so good. Are they available in Ontario?