May 2012 challenge for Late Night Snackers

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
Alright, for those of you who are SERIOUSLY trying to kick the "late-night snacking" habit, this thread is for you.

We offer motivation and support!

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Right, I am serious, and this time I am keeping score.

Me - 1
    LNS - 0
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Great! We're sliding into summer and it's a great idea to keep the late-night snacking to a minimum, or reduce it altogether!!

Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I need this! Late-night snacking is definitely one of my biggest issues.
  • FitMami26
    FitMami26 Posts: 21
    Options
    I need this challenge, Ive been late night snacking more often this year.
  • averpen
    averpen Posts: 4
    Options
    I so need this challenge! So glad i'm not the only one who has issues with this! Not going to eat past 8 at night this month!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    In! So in :) Here goes...
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i just had a late nite snack/grazing episode :-/

maybe i should join too!
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    What are you doing instead of snacking? I am sooo guilty of snacking at night. In fact, sometimes I find myself saying, "but I'm so hungry!" And that's how I justify a snack. Grrr.
    So what do you do to squelch the urge? Drink water? Chew gum? Help!
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What are you doing instead of snacking? I am sooo guilty of snacking at night. In fact, sometimes I find myself saying, "but I'm so hungry!" And that's how I justify a snack. Grrr.
    So what do you do to squelch the urge? Drink water? Chew gum? Help!

Usually I grab the lowest calorie snack I can and just eat a small amount. Like a mini candy bar or a handful of pretzels. Then I drink some water and wait a little bit. By then I feel better :smile:
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Of all the bad habits I have, late night snacking has not been one of them for a long time now. Most of the time I don't eat anything past 8PM. There are times I do and there are late dinners with friends sure.

Finally, a challenge I can beat! Woo-hoo!
  • rere101708
    rere101708 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love eating at night!! I'm also looking for things to do besides eat!! Someone told me mani/pedi & facials.. Gets your mind off the food!! Any other suggestions?!?! Water just doesn't cut it!
  • moniswitz
    moniswitz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I def need to jump into this with you guys!!! Iwork til 11:45p-midnight, and naturally am hungry when I get home from work and am watching TV. B/C TV and late night snacking go hand in hand.

When I don't cave to the popcorn or ice cream or vino, I typically make hot water with lemon, or hot tea. That helps sometimes. I think the hot liquid gives me more of a FULL feeling than cold water.

I'm thinking -- maybe when the bug hits us, get up and throw your dogs toy while watching TV, or force yourself to do some crunches or lunges during commercial breaks so we don't eat?

Good luck ladies - we can do this! Bikini season has already begun in some parts of the country! Ahhhhh!!
  • Christieherron8307
    Christieherron8307 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i really need this challenge what do i need to do to get in?
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Ate half a serving of bbq almonds at 8:30. Caused me to go over. I know its because of watching tv and sitting on pinterest, oh the food ideas on there, oh and sitting here on the mfp wall watching whats going on, always thinking about food.... Ugh!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    LNS : 0

I had my allotted dessert and then popped a piece of gum in my pocket before settling down to watch an episode of Doctor Who. As soon as I start thinking about going back to the kitchen, I pulled out that gum and started chewing. Woot!
    As far as other methods to keep the munchies at bay, I use large cups of water (works best if I have a straw so I can sip at it), sometimes a diet caffiene free soda if it's the sweet I'm craving, and if I'm really have a hard time resisting the kitchen, I'll go and brush my teeth and swish some mouthwash. Don't wanna ruin a clean mouth :)
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LNS:0
  • heartquack
    heartquack Posts: 10
    Options
    Definitely one of my biggest struggles. In!
    Me - 1
    LNS - 0
  • cherrybomb_77
    Options
    First night was a success! I wanted some baked bbq chips sooooo bad at 10pm last night, but I succeeded. Mostly because I didn't want to come back here and report that I failed on the first day, lol.

Me- 1
    LNS- 0
  • cherrybomb_77
    Options
    I love eating at night!! I'm also looking for things to do besides eat!! Someone told me mani/pedi & facials.. Gets your mind off the food!! Any other suggestions?!?! Water just doesn't cut it!

I've found that playing Just Dance 3 for at least half an hour knocks my hunger out late at night. Not sure why! Also good exercise :)