Breakfast

Options
What are some good breakfast food?!?

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    anything. Big breakfast fan. Use it as my main calorie intact for the day, then watch what I eat for the remaining day. Eggs and toast, cereal and milk, yogurt and fruit with crunchy toppings.
  • justjustine1
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

Greek yogurt and fruit.
    Egg, ham & cheese burrito.
    Oatmeal.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    3 pieces of turkey bacon
    2 eggs
    1 piece of toast

What gets better than that?
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Egg & Toast... In fact, I'm gonna have to get some right now! :laugh:
  • toddramone
    toddramone Posts: 6
    Options
    Here's a good one:

Greek yogurt w/fruit and almonds. Tons of protein, good fiber, good fat. Really healthy. Easy to grab and go. I do that often with black coffee.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Eggs
    Protein shakes
    Banana
    Banana w/ peanut butter
    etc

As a man, I shoot for 500 good cals for my breakfast with some coffee (black) or tea (plain), 2-4 glasses of water and vitamins. Women would probably reduce that slightly (perhaps).
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A bowl of steel cut oats topped with greek yogurt and fresh berries, sliced almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon. YUM!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal!
    http://www.food.com/recipe/overnight-oatmeal-145963

Set it up the night before, and you've got a nice warm, healthy breakfast waiting for you in the morning. I pack it up and take it to work with me, and it's still warm when I get there.
  • g0tta_lose_it
    Options
    Egg whites (or eggs, but egg whites are low calorie) You can add a bunch of veggies like spinach and tomatoes, play around with spices, it's really good! And you can have some nuts or a yogurt too. Fruit is good, especially now that it's warmer. Berries :) Oatmeal keeps you full, so no extra calories from snacks.
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Egg
    Whole grain toast
    banana

Fills me up in the morning. Then tons of water !!
  • janesworld
    janesworld Posts: 17
    Options
    I usually eat two small breakfasts spaced a few hours apart! Breakfast #1: egg whites (or a whole egg) on a slice of sprouted grain toast. Breakfast #2: one piece of fruit (banana, apple or orange), 1.5 oz almond, pistachio, dried cranberry mix.

I found a great recipe on Pinterest website for a make-ahead egg dish prepared in muffin tins (single serving, grab n' go)...
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    usually i have a dannon light and fit or oikas greek yogurt with a table spoon of special k granola mixed in. yummy :)
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    If I want a cook breakfast and I have time, then I have 2 WW or Light choice from Tesco, sausages, I cook them in my actifry, 3 rashers of turkey bacon, 1/2 tin or baked beans or tomatoes 1 x WW bread or Warburtons wholemeal light,.. toasted, I'm allergic to eggs so don't have them, I also fill up on mushrooms...........fills me up!

If I am not cooking a breakfast, then I usually have 2 weetabix with semi milk and sweetner, banana and an apple, or I have 2 crumpets with marmite on and a banana

Oat so simple is another choice.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    coffee.