Lose 10 pounds in May

Options
Summer is around the corner and getting those stubborn 10 pounds off would be great!

Let's do this together and keep it simple.

CW:
GW:
What would you do? :

This will help to see what everyone is doing to lose 10 pounds!

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I will go first

CW: 150
    GW: 140
    What would you do? : Exercise: running, diet: cut sugars.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I will do this. I am afraid of not accomplishing it, but I really want to try. I find I have little scale success so far!

CW- 154
    Goal weight- well for the month I'll make it 144 to meet the 10 lbs but overall I want to get to 120!
    What I will do- I walk/run (I try to run a bit at a time between walking) about twice a week for an hour, I do the stationary bike for an hour once or twice a week, I then also alternate DVD's- 30 day shred, kickboxing solution, carb killer, slim in 6- I do that 3 or 4 times per week to make it at least 5 days of exercise for 60 minutes each day. For food, I am trying to keep it at 1300 per day. Was going 1200 and am trying 1300 to see if I have more success!
  • peacek
    Options
    Depending on how many people we get, I can make a document to track the progress.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would love to be 10 pounds lighter by Memorial Day. I am just scared to set a goal like that. I am just know starting to see weight come off after being here about a month. I'll give it a try. I just know how I will feel if I fail.

SW: 159
    CW: 157

5/31: 147...hopefully

I currently do recumbent bicycling anytime I get a chance for at least 20 minutes to 40 minutes. I do circuit training at least twice a week - upper body one day...lower the other and I do core exercises at least 3 times per week.
  • peacek
    Options
  • peacek
    Options
    bump
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

SW: 242
    CW: 234
    GW: 224

I will ride my road bike at least 3 times a week, and use the gym I have in the basement at least 3 times a week.

Mike
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! Lets kick some fat!!!
  • peacek
    Options
    Post your updates here and also in this document, so that we have a better tracking system

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgJ41sPkM9-PdEI0VkFKM2hpdG9sQzFMR0toSjVLamc

It's just the 4 of us so far. Let's burn these 40 pounds!!!!
  • tlessed73
    tlessed73 Posts: 2
    Options
    CW:174.2
    GW:155

I am currently on day 11 of Insanity, hopefully I will complete the workout
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :D
    I think it's going to be difficult, but I'll try my best.

CW: 177
    GW: 167

I'm doing JM's ripped in 30 right now, and when I'm done with it, I'll probably try 30DS or turbo jam...

Good luck everyone!
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OK im in!

Its gonna be difficult i think because I am doing 30DS for 2 weeks then starting insanity.. this will probably build more muscle as well :) nevermind!

CW: 175
    GW: 165

Good luck!!!!
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know weight loss goes a bit slow for me because I am in the "normal" BMI range, but I want to try. :D

CW: 140/139
    GW: 130/129

I'm actually in the process of increasing my calories. I'll be lifting weights at least twice a week (first week might be difficult, since it's finals week), cardio, walking every day, and once summer starts, I plan on doing yoga every day as well. For right now, I'm trying to make it through finals... Haha.
  • Newlyweds
    Newlyweds Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can I join in?

CW:177
    GW: 167

What would you do? : Rotate between several JM workout videos, Banish fat boost metabolism, and No More trouble zones, may start extreme shed and shred too. Also run/walk 2-3 times a week for about 30 minutes.

I'd love to get as low as I can before swimsuit season, and here in Texes that was like yesterday, ha ha.
  • balaneks
    balaneks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've already lost about 7lbs and I'm really happy with that but dieting together is great motivation and I need it. I'll exercise more cause when it was cold I was really lazy and avoiding it, keep on eating well and just keep going ;>
    Also keep my fingers crossed for You! :>

CW: 141
    GW: 131

GOOD LUCK!
  • Zerashen
    Zerashen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    cw: 190ish
    gw:180
    What I'll do: Keep limiting carbs and sugars; limit non-water drinks, double water intake.

:) I've made some progress, I've cut out sweet tea completely.
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    CW: 173
    GW: 163
    What would you do? Walking,running, various DVDS and jumping on the trampoline with my kids. My anniversary is in June and I would love to be out of the 160s by then!
  • haysia
    haysia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was hoping there was a group like this when I logged on! :happy:

CW: 159
    GW: 149 (140 is my final GW)

What would you do? I just started Insanity this week, so that will be my main exercise. I also do a few classes at my gym every week.
  • Tranquil_Miche
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to shed 10 pounds in May.

CW: 219.4
    GW: 209.4

Weigh Ins:
    Tuesday May 1: 219.4
    Monday May 7:
    Monday May 14:
    Monday May 21:
    Monday May 28:
    Thursday May 31:
  • Nicolearredondo17
    Nicolearredondo17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CW:176
    GW:166

I leave to Puerto Rico 6/13 so I am hoping to look and fill thinner. Goal is to be at 162 by then.