Anyone using couch to 5k as well as this site?

Options
I am on week 2 and have lost 8 lbs! Would love to know others doing the same.

Replies

• jhutka
    jhutka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday :) doing my first 5k in August and totally nervous, running has always been a weakness for me, I can do ellipticals and stair steppers all day but running kills me in bout 3 mins.
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I decided to start the program tonight. I'm working nights and it'll be a great way to wake me up so I can finish my 12 hr shift!
  • hollyrlambert
    hollyrlambert Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started last week, and I have to say I am loving it! I just completed week 2 day 2 today, although my own version of it (just for this week) as I wasn't quite coming off the couch fitness wise so I ran 2minutes and walked 2minutes, but will be sticking strictly to the programme from next week on.

It is such a great programme, I really can't say enou positives about it, even this early :)
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I do! About to finish week 3 :)

Week 4 seems like the time it will get interesting, should be nice.

Good luck with your journey.
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am doing couch to 5k and a 30 day shred on my non running days

Currently on week 3 doing some repeats so it will take me some time.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Me too, W4, D2 this evening. There is a group too, just have a search and I'm sure you will find us. :-)
  • AngieBil
    AngieBil Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there! I've re-started the Couch-5k program as well. I was up to week 5 back in October, but then I took an extended break :(
    I started again - hoping to run my first 5k in June... I also can't say enough good things about this program. I was a complete NON-runner before starting this app. Now I can do small distances and I can see my endurance building up. Also, my legs are the first thing to slim down, which is where I need the most help - double bonus!! :)
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and found myself repeating several of the weeks because I wasn't ready for the next workout. It really boosted my weight loss efforts!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week 6, 22 minute jog today (I'm not going to say run, cos really, it's nothing like running!) and I can honestly say that when I started the program I didn't think I'd make it through the first 30 seconds, never mind get to 22 mins. I also can't praise or recommend it enough. I never ever thought I would be able to run, and more to the point, I never thought I would actually want to, and while I still can't say I can actually 'run', I am getting better, and I have booked in for a 5k in july which I fully intend to complete without stopping!
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I am in Week 5 Day 3 today.

Great program!!!
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and have lost 8 lbs! Would love to know others doing the same.
    i do not have such drastic results to quote but am on week 2 day 2 today... the difference is that week 2 is easier now that i have done W1. Week 1 was a change coz i had simply not been running
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did it starting January 1 and had to repeat a couple of weeks. IT IS WONDERFULL. I feel great. I still do not consider myself a runner, my pace is not the best, but I am now trying to do more intervals to increase it. I have found it boosted my weight loss and decreased my stress level.:smile:
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    started on Monday, today is W1 Day 2 :) going out in a short while..
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and found myself repeating several of the weeks because I wasn't ready for the next workout. It really boosted my weight loss efforts!

Push yourself a little more... You can do it! Running is mostly a mental game, not about speed (unless you are a competitive runner). It's about beating your own personal bests (distance, speed, intensity)! You can run for that extra 5 minutes, or run without taking that walk break.

I started C25K in November and could barely do the 60 Second run in Week 1. I ran a Half Marathon last weekend at the exact same pace! So don't get wrapped up in the wording of the program... It is really only going a few minute longer than you did last time... a few minutes (like 5 minutes is only 300 seconds)... it's not that long- and the pace is up to you!

Some other things I have found helpful are running technique and pace...
    Google 'Chi Running' or 'Proper Running Form' - there is a lot of good information that has made a world of difference for me!
    McMillanRunning.com also has excellent information on pace and running from a physiological standpoint.

Keep moving!! Good Luck!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    I am doing Week 2 Day 3 today, really good program!!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just did day 2 yesterday, so far so good. check out the group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4746-c25k-may-june
  • damnititsme
    damnititsme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K yesterday, and like some others I plan to do 30day shred alongside on non run days but I'm gonna wait till week 2 to start that so I don't over stress my heart - it's not used to all this hard work ;)
  • Mathteacher35
    Mathteacher35 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did the program last summer! I do not consider myself a runner by any means, but I run/jog 4.5-6.5 miles at a time 4-5 days a week!
  • gailanncan
    gailanncan Posts: 7
    Options
    I started yesterday, May 1st. Using Interval Run training on my I Phone. What is everyone else using?
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm doing week 3 day 3 tomorrow - LOVING IT! I'm pretty big (I think about 215lbs, but I work in kilos - 96.5-ish kilos) and was always nervous of jogging outside. But C25K has cured me of any nerves - it's such a good programme. Admittedly I'm pretty sure that I'll be on week 3 for slightly longer than a week, but I'm okay with that! My fitness is sky-rocketing and I feel ten foot tall and bulletproof!

Highly, highly recommend that programme. Next I'm going to tackle a similar programme, but one where you build up to 100 push-ups! Gah. I may regret that one.