May Drink More Water Challenge

Options

Replies

• nbpoli
    nbpoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. I never manage to drink enough water. I drink gallons of black coffee, and I know that I can't count this :(

Time to cut the coffee and get back to basics!
  • markmeus
    markmeus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Yesterday I drank 5.
    I keep a 750ml bottle of water at my desk, which is about 3 glasses.
  • ivy32582
    ivy32582 Posts: 3
    Options
    would love to try !!
    I have a hard time even drinking 3...
    and the more I drink the more trips I have to take to the bathroom :(
    I cant imagine drinking 8 cups a day but im gonna give it a go as one of my first goals on the site.

One plus Ive noticed with drinking more water is it leads to healthier skin as well.

Good luck everyone
  • Adaboo
    Adaboo Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't drink soda or coffee at all. I rarely drink juice! I usually have my 6 to 8 glasses a day but some days I have not even half a cup. Wierd!!! im usually not thirsty even after a hard workout. Is that something I should get check?
  • leannbiggs
    leannbiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in also!! I usually get my 8 in a day, but no more than that. Im gonna try for 10 a day. :-)

5/1- 10 glasses
    5/2-
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    I drank 15 yesterday. Keep going everyone!
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Count me in I need motivation to drink more water. will start tomorrow.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in this please. I have a real job to get 8 glasses in daily. I'm trying to cut back on tea and coffee and hoping to replace it with water and gradually increase my intake - I'm beginning to feel the benefit but could certainly use some motivation to help me.
    May 2 - 5 glasses
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5-2

14 cups (8ounces) of water today.
    Man, I felt so thirsty after working out, I chugged my water bottle.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this Month! :drinker:

5/01 -- 18
    5/02 -- 24
    5/03 --
    5/04 --
    5/05 --
    5/06 --
    5/07 --
    5/08 --
    5/09--
    5/10 --
    5/11 --
    5/12 --
    5/13 --
    5/14 --
    5/15 --
    5/16 --
    5/17 --
    5/18 --
    5/19 --
    5/20 --
    5/21 --
    5/22 --
    5/23 --
    5/24 --
    5/25 --
    5/26 --
    5/27 --
    5/28 --
    5/29 --
    5/30 --
    5/31 --
  • Usakoneko
    Usakoneko Posts: 21
    Options
    Ugh- having a hard time finishing tonight. I didn't get my full 32 ozs in at work, then went out for dinner, which means I've been playing catch up since I got home. I'm on my last 8-ish oz right now. And just staring at my bottle, because I just finished pretty much downing a larger 24 oz bottle. I can do this... Really...

*has a staring contest with her bottle*
    05/01 - 9 cups // 72 ozs
    05/02 - 9 cups // 72 ozs

Finished! Staring contest won! xD
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In my effort to cut out diet soda I've taken up water. Was tough at first because I don't like the no taste part and most of the flavoring packets I find to be too sweet for me. But I try to to drink the big Smart Water bottle while I'm at work! I'm up to 11 glasses today! :-)

I like drinking MIO because you can control just how much you add! I start with a little so I can add more if I like.
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just an idea for some. I enjoy a giant mug of chicken, beef, or veggie broth at night. Helps warm me up and I sleep better! I use the powdered kind, also have enjoyed the paste I found too. Not such a great idea for someone watching their sodium, but I need all the salt I can get (per doc).
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'll join. :] I love water, but with two kids I have difficulty finding time for me..even just for some water!
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 glasses a day. Also because I sit at a desk the whole day, i have to get up to use the bathroom about once every 40 minutes... And that counts as exercise, so drinking more = walking more = burning more calories! Good luck to all for downing those glasses! A tip: Dont drink out of a bottle, drink out of a glass, and as soon as the glass is empty, fill it up again!
  • bijujohn83
    bijujohn83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 litres now a days....I wonder how many glasses would that be?
  • julierewa
    julierewa Posts: 17
    Options
    Herbal tea counts and can even be more beneficial with antioxidants and cleansing herbs. Be careful not to drink TOO much water! This is possible and can put dangerous pressure on your kidneys. 12 glasses would not be advisable for everyone. The key is just to maintain a very light coloured urine - as soon as it darkens you know you are dehydrated.
  • sam67g
    sam67g Posts: 4
    Options
    Did 4 glasses yesterday, its a start
  • LaGinny
    LaGinny Posts: 7
    Options
    Sure I'll join.
    Though i drink like 12 glasses a day.
    I drink so much, yet I don't pee that much :/

Welcome! Your 12 glasses will motivate the rest of us. :smile:

Good Luck. I've found out that drinking more water leads to faster weight loss :) I heard from someone, that if you drink some before you sleep, you'll lose more. Its seems like a pretty reasonable statement.

Yes probably because you will be burning off calories getting up and down to the loo all night!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    5-2 10 cups!! Hope I can keep going, being at a desk all day and having to use the bathroom every 45 minutes or so stinks, but it's definitely worth it.