I neeeed energy - help please!

Options

Replies

• Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What helps me just a bit is the new MIO energy shots. You put a little into your water and it gives you a boost. Its no where near as damaging as a normal energy drink and does the same thing. And like other posters have said, getting up through out the day and walking a bit will give you energy.
  • wantangbob
    wantangbob Posts: 22
    Options
    Try moving closer to the office?
    Talk to your boss about 'work\life balance'?

Both of these can help with you getting more sleep.
  • connectannie
    Options
    to be true m expecting same kindoo work in couple of weeks with my charter...but need to focus on personal and proffessiona life also..eat breakfast healthy i meant, to give u energy for half day atleast...snack in betwn 3 times till 8 pm, lunch is must too..if u eat properly u will have energy mentally and physically...
  • Beth21AR
    Beth21AR Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is all about sleep.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me if i'm feeling tired its usually because I haven't had enough protein. I'm not sure why but when I eat lots of protein I feel great.

haha...if all else fails I drink a ROCKSTAR lemonade (only 20 calories)! :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are a better source of carbs than crackers or bars, those things are "processed". I'm not saying don't ever eat them, but they should be the occasional fill in. Supplements are supposed to be just that..... something in addition to the real food you eat to make up the gap.

Editing to add: I think your food diary looks pretty good for the last few days, you probably need more calories. Hard to say because I don't know your height, weight, etc. If you are not pretty small, then you calorie goal may be too low.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You can walk to places instead of take your car (if they are close enough), you can take the stairs, do push-ups and so forth on your breaks, work out on your lunch break and eat at your desk. I say, get many little work outs in during the day so you can relax when you get home. If you eat a good breakfast and eat healthy through the day that should help also. Get some good sleep. GOOD LUCK! :happy:
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds maybe. They help keep me going :)
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Sleep, exercise will give you energy, just have to be motivated to begin and get on a routine, i have also heard that being well-hydrated waterwise will give you energy. awfully low on calories but i do not know your build. I wake up at 5 am every morning, work, but i work my exercise in between jobs. I about die at 9 pm at night, but I seem to have energy as long as i do not watch TV!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I think if you can start fitting in exercise regularly you'll find that you have more energy. Also try to eat slow burning carbs. High protein, beans, lentils, veggies (not starchy carbs/veggies).... I find that just from exercising regularly, I have a ton more energy and now wake up by 6am (FOR NO REASON! Boo! haha). Also, are you eating ENOUGH calories? If you're not eating enough, that will make you sluggish too. :)
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough B12. I was always zapped until I started taking a B complex supplement.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    it's all in your head. i have almost the same schedule, up at 430am, leave at 515am, work from 6a-6p, home by 7ish. bed time is usually no later then 10pm. i usually have enough energy through out the day, and a little left over in the tank to do a work out when i get home. i do this for 3-4 days in a row, have a couple of days off, then i have 3-4 night shifts, a couple of days off, etc etc.

just got to eat right, get enough sleep at night, drink plenty of water, and start working out when you can. energy filled snacks, like a trail mix can help out.

also, i used to be a big "i'm dragging *kitten* at 3pm so let me get a soda" person, and i read somewhere that an apple has the same amount of energy that a soda has. whether that is true or not, i replaced my 3pm soda with an apple, and it seems to help.

then again, it all might be in my head.
  • gooiyw
    gooiyw Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think if you can start fitting in exercise regularly you'll find that you have more energy. Also try to eat slow burning carbs. High protein, beans, lentils, veggies (not starchy carbs/veggies).... I find that just from exercising regularly, I have a ton more energy and now wake up by 6am (FOR NO REASON! Boo! haha). Also, are you eating ENOUGH calories? If you're not eating enough, that will make you sluggish too. :)

^^^ That exactly! :happy:
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you try to get out during the day (at lunchtime?) for a walk/jog if possible even if it is for 10-15 mins - this will defo give you a bit more energy and the feel good hormones will come out to play! Also, I had a look at your diary and you might not be eating enough - which you have already recognised which is great! Try increasing by a couple of hundred a day to start with and see how you go.

There are some great threads on here about how to work out how many cals you should be eating. I have recently been advised the following:

Get your BMR (from tools on MFP or from fat2fit.com)

Then work out your TDEE which is BMR x activity level and the multipliers are as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) BMR x 1.9

Your TDEE less 20% should be the calorie intake you are aiming for per day. If you workout then you should only eat back exercise calories so that you at least NET your BMR.

My example is
    BMR = 1384
    I am moderately active so my TDEE is 1384 x 1.55 = 2145

2145 less 20% = 1716 which is my calorie goal

If I burn more than 332 cals then I would eat some back to NET my BMR.

I hope this makes sense!! I learned all this just this week and it is difficult to get my head around eating 1700 calories a day but I am giving it a go!

Also, have you tried Berocca supplement? I drink a Berocca every morning as I was suffering from an "afternoon slump" and this has helped!

Good luck

Mel x
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Craze is hectic I get SO much energy from it!! I love it! it has creatine in it as well and I like the grape flavour or sometimes I use hydroxycut hardcore for a bit extra energy

Sorry to sound thick but what is craze?!! xxx

Its a pre workout supplement search it on google you mix it with water there is heaps of different pre workout supplements that help give you energy
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How often do you work out?
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    How tall are you?

Im 5 foot 4 - and i workout sparingly. Sometimes can be 4 times a week..others none! x
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

Maldivesbeach - TRUST this guy.....

Helloitsdan (he and his group are awesome) and his group of MFP buddies can run some numbers for you based on some information (BMR, TDEE, etc) and it will GREATLY help you...

BTW, sent you a private message
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    Informative thread....TYVM :))))))
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you try to get out during the day (at lunchtime?) for a walk/jog if possible even if it is for 10-15 mins - this will defo give you a bit more energy and the feel good hormones will come out to play! Also, I had a look at your diary and you might not be eating enough - which you have already recognised which is great! Try increasing by a couple of hundred a day to start with and see how you go.

There are some great threads on here about how to work out how many cals you should be eating. I have recently been advised the following:

Get your BMR (from tools on MFP or from fat2fit.com)

Then work out your TDEE which is BMR x activity level and the multipliers are as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) BMR x 1.9

Your TDEE less 20% should be the calorie intake you are aiming for per day. If you workout then you should only eat back exercise calories so that you at least NET your BMR.

My example is
    BMR = 1384
    I am moderately active so my TDEE is 1384 x 1.55 = 2145

2145 less 20% = 1716 which is my calorie goal

If I burn more than 332 cals then I would eat some back to NET my BMR.

I hope this makes sense!! I learned all this just this week and it is difficult to get my head around eating 1700 calories a day but I am giving it a go!

Also, have you tried Berocca supplement? I drink a Berocca every morning as I was suffering from an "afternoon slump" and this has helped!

Good luck

Mel x

This=success

Do this!