Best vacation you ever had?

Options
mistikal13
mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
What's the best vacation you ever had? Where have you traveled to or where can't you wait to visit?
My list is not that exciting lol
I've been to Maui, Puerto Rico, did the whole Disney/Universal trip, Vegas, and a few other states (I'm from NY).
Can't wait to travel to Fiji one day :love:

Replies

• SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Rangiroa (in the Tahitian Islands) -- Mayreau in the Grenadines.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh . . . been to the previous two, and alot of Caribbean Islands, they're all great in their own ways. Would like to go to Nepal and the Seychelles.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Been here:
    China
    Thailand
    Laos
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Mexico
    Jamaica
    Bahamas
    Italy
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Gilbratar
    Japan

Can't wait to go: Patagonia, Uyuni de la Sal - Bolivia, Hawaii, etc. the list is long. :)

Best one : Phi Phi Island, Thailand (amazing) also probably Isla Mujeres with my husband, that was fantastic and... truly they have all been amazing. Can't say one place was my favorite because I would go back to all of them!
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would love to go back to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas - now that I'm more than over the legal drinking/gambling age I'd find it more fun than last time (I was 20 last time, 1 year underage!)

But I do love me WDW Florida too :love:
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    By miles to Turkey with my fiance,

We got back two weeks ago and I am still suffering from post holiday blues!
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    got to be when i went skiing in switzerland, beautiful fairytale place
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    When my husband (then boyfriend) was at Camp Pendleton in Cali. I went down there twice for an extended weekend visit and it was the last time I remember myself truly carefree and happy. We rented a car and drove everywhere. Walked along San Clemente Beach, drove to San Diego and walked around the Gaslamp District, visited his comrades at a beach house in Newport Beach, drove through some serious mountains, enjoyed the sunset from the beach...

Ah, I miss it. Three kids later and living in North Carolina, it'll be a while before I get that type of trip again.

Edit: I've been to 30 different states, and Niagara Falls. That's about as cool as my list gets. :laugh:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The Atlantis, Paradise Island - Bahamas :drinker:
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Travelled round Sri Lanka for a week then went to Maldives for a week, was sooo nice! Italy is also a fave place. so beautiful :)
  • mistikal13
    Options
    By miles to Turkey with my fiance,

We got back two weeks ago and I am still suffering from post holiday blues!

My cousin married a man from Turkey and when she went to visit his family there for the first time, she fell in love with it!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Winter- Any ski trip we have taken, in the US and Canada.

Summer- Yellowstone, and the Tetons,
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Grenada, i'd go back in a shot !
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Costa Rica:)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My favorite was back in 1989 when I went to Mexico. The weather was great, and so were the ruins that we toured.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    It's a three-way tie

Three weeks in the Outback, traveling from major city to major city (Darwin to Broome to Alice Springs & a trip around the Alice Springs area) camping on the legs between cities. We then went to Cairns for some Great Barrier Reef time and on to Fiji for a week. That was a killer trip.

7 night Greek Isles cruise stopping in Crete, Patmos, Rhodes, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, and Istanbul tied to a 7- night nile nile cruise stopping at all the Egyptian ruins along the way.

7 night Caribbean cruise (honeymoon) starting in San Juan and stopping in Barbados, Antigua, St Maarten, St Lucia, and St Croix with a couple extra nights in San Juan.

JM
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't traveled to many places but I love Negril, Jamaica. My husband & I stayed at Couples Swept Away for our honeymoon & it was amazing!!! My best friends & I try to go on a girl's vacation every few years and we went to Arizona one year & we had the best time. We did Sedona & Grand Canyon.
  • mistikal13
    Options
    Been here:
    China
    Thailand
    Laos
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Mexico
    Jamaica
    Bahamas
    Italy
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Gilbratar
    Japan

Wow, I would love to see all the different visas in your passport! I want a list like this one day! :tongue:
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been to NYC, and upstate NY, Niagara Falls, Pennsylvania, Virgina Beach, most of the North Carolina Beaches, Mrytle Beach, Daytona Beach and Orlando, Asheville NC, and Gaitlinburg TN.
    Of all of these Asheville is my favorite place and the best vacation that I've had was the last time my husband and I went for my birthday. We stayed at the Biltmore Inn, had a couples massage, went to Tea at the Inn, did all of the behind the scenes tours at the Estate, visited all of our favorite Restaurants in the area and spent an afternoon walking around downtown Asheville.
    I'd love to go to Ireland.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Seoul, South Korea...
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I've been to

New York
    Boston
    Washington DC
    Florida
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Niagra Falls
    Toronto Canada
    Vancouver Canada
    Ireland, I live here!
    England
    Wales
    Spain
    France

Im heading to Las Vegas and LA in 2 weeks :-)
    Its really hard to pick a favorite but I think it has to be chicago :-)