Best exercise for butt and under...

Options

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and kick backs!

^^ these AND 10-20 second, all out, pushing from your *kitten*, wind sprints (the type that cannot safely be done on a treadmill).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Squats, putting your weight on your heels works glutes more. Squats putting your weight on your toes works the front more. Pre-fatiguing the quadriceps will help isolate the glutes better too. :)
    Squats should be done through the heels. Pushing off the toes can result in change of form and result in injury an ineffectiveness of the exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, butt blaster, leg curls, and still leg deadlifts. add weights if you can
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    bump, great question!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    My trainer calls them "Bavarians" but they may go be another name. You stand in front of a bench with dumbbells in hand. Extend your leg back and place it up on the bench (shoe laces down). Then do a squat using your front leg (making sure your knee stays over you heel). Adjust the weight to your ability. Then switch legs. Lookout!!!!! The next day you'll be a bit sore.
    Lol, wrong ethnic group. They're called "Bulgarians".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, and good mornings are great for your posterior chain.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, lateral lunges, step ups. kick backs
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    Bump for Youtube links. Thanks.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump! great thread with tons of good ideas on how to get a great backside!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Squats!!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Alright I'll be doing squats and lunges. So with squats I want my butt at close to floor as I can, right?

HOWtoSQUAT.jpg
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    bump!! gonna come read all later ;)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oh I agree deadlifts/squats are AWESOME!!! I still hurts to sit on the loo, but my butt has lifted slightly lol x
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, butt blaster, leg curls, and still leg deadlifts. add weights if you can

MsQT Knows her stuff just look at her!!!!
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    :bigsmile: thank you for posting!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I do squats, lunges and deadlifts and I can tell a difference!
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The best workout for the booty is the "Brazilian Butt Lift" by Beachbody.com. That workout targets muscles I didn't even know we had. You will see a change in as little as two weeks if you follow the workout calender and not miss a workout! I definitely recommend it!
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought Brazil Butt Lift DVD and he focuses in on those areas....I actually like the Bum Bum DVD the best. Great moves with no weights. He says the goal is to build the butt without making our legs larger....perfect for me because my legs LOVE to get a lot of muscles.

I took a lot of these movies and put them in my Zumba class that I teach and I really like it.

For example: No weights: Squat low, then stand up and push one leg behind you and squeeze butt. There really are a lot of different moves that I can tell focus in on those areas and inner thigh.

If you can just buy the Bum Bum DVD, I think you would be happy.

I have been looking at the Brazil Butt Lift DVDs for a while - just trying to decide if they are worth the money??...
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought Brazil Butt Lift DVD and he focuses in on those areas....I actually like the Bum Bum DVD the best. Great moves with no weights. He says the goal is to build the butt without making our legs larger....perfect for me because my legs LOVE to get a lot of muscles.

I took a lot of these movies and put them in my Zumba class that I teach and I really like it.

For example: No weights: Squat low, then stand up and push one leg behind you and squeeze butt. There really are a lot of different moves that I can tell focus in on those areas and inner thigh.

If you can just buy the Bum Bum DVD, I think you would be happy.

I have been looking at the Brazil Butt Lift DVDs for a while - just trying to decide if they are worth the money??...

It's worth the money! Your booty will thank you for it!