So, now I wonder, where do the truly "skinny" people shop?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Boscov's sells a brand of jeans called "American Rag" in their juniors section. They definitely have a more curvy fit than most juniors' jeans, but the last time I bought them (maybe a year ago?) the sizing seemed pretty true to standard. The 0 fit me when I was super skinny and when I needed bigger sizes, those fit well, too.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    check out juniors for play clothes (maybe they'll fit if I can find something age appropriate)

If nothing else, they usually have stuff like sundresses in that department that will fit and be age-appropriate. Good for summer!

Oh, and I find a lot of inexpensive stuff at Burlington.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends on how tall you are...

Old Navy's smallest size is usually a bit bigger than the smallest sizes in other stores, but they will have a decent length for pants.

If you're on the shorter side, H&M's juniors section has a good selection of cute clothes that still look relatively adult (I'm 5'7" and have several Juniors' size 14's that are nice and comfy with good length and fit)

If there's a Sirens in your area, they have a great selection of smaller sizes with the perfect amount of length.

Just remember, clothes are manufactured to fit a variety of different shapes and sizes -- don't expect to fit perfectly into their cookie cutter patterns. Make your clothes fit YOU, not make sure you fit your clothes. If need be, find a tailor to make sure everything fits exactly as it should :)
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    h&m runs really small and loft has small and petite sizes. when i was 00, i used to shop at a store called 5-7-9, but that was a long time ago! now i wear what is usually a 2 or 4 (size 8 at h&m). as far as work pants go, i would say to check the loft first.

laviepetite.com is a style blog by an adorable woman named cori. she is under five feet tall and is all around petite (hence the name of her blog). she loves ross, too, as i'm seeing on the thread. i recommend going through her archives to get some ideas. she always mentions where she gets her clothes/accessories.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    So are you saying a 00 is to small or you currently shop somewhere like lane byrant or torrid (plus size places) & now you have lost to much weight to shop there? I consider myself on the thin side, not sure what you mean by "truly skinny" I wear 3's in juniors & smalls in tops, but I'm curvy & never wear women's clothes always juniors. I shop at Kohl's/target/hottopic/h&m/charolette russe/etc...
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends on how tall you are...

I'm 5'7, so petite's are out for me and in my 40's and curvy, so most juniors are out (fit and style-wise).
    Right now, my "intermediate" clothes are 4's, but when I tried on some clothes at Macy's, 4's were too big, so I guess I'll have to move on to stores with 2's and 0's. I feel certain that with all of the suggestions, I'll have plenty of options.

What baffles me is that I'm just not that tiny compared to other women I see, so either they're buying 00 and having them altered, or they've found a super secret tiny clothes store.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have a really small frame too, and when I was smaller than a 4, which I will probably be again at goal weight, I found Anne Taylor Loft really good for "nice" casual clothes that fit well. I also had good luck with the Banana Republic outlet. Also, sometimes you can find nice small designer clothes on extreme clearance in department stores and discount stores. I always had good luck with Marshalls. Old Navy runs a little bigger than some others, but they always have small sizes.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks to all for the ideas!

I just got home from trying on clothes at The Loft, and found that the 2's are too big, and the 0's are just a little snug, so I feel certain that once I meet my goal 4-5 pounds from now, I'll be a perfect size 0. Down from a snug fit in The Loft size 8 just 4 months ago. That's one size lost per month. Amazing!
    Thanks again.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bebe, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Guess and high end stores like Chanel, etc.

Im short 5ft 1.5inches and find perfect jeans at Charlotte Russe.