What's your stress relieving workout?

Options
I wasn't originally going to post this here, it was just going to be a coment on my wall but then I thought it'd be intresting to see what you all do or remember doing!

To the topic. My current stress release workout is swimming, ever since I was was a kid the water is my center of peace, but today I remembered something else I've been fussing so much about the fact that I cannot go swimming here in Madrid because its so cold that I forgot the other workout that made me feel just as stress free: Dancing!!

I miss my Puerto Rico, lindo. When I was a teenager and no one was home but me, most of my time was spent trying on sexy outfits, wearing my mom's clothing, jewlery and tons of waky show-like makeup, the I'd Crank up the volume with salsa music and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!! ALL OVER THE HOUSE, IN FRONT OF THE MIRRORS!!! I't was my own special workout, I could be whomever I wanted!
My apartmnt here in Madrid is so small that the only place that has enough space to dance is the bathroom (oddly enough), so today I was feeling restless and just hid in the bathroom cranked up the radio to Richie Ray and Bobby Cruz and danced my stress away!! Now, I'm ready to study!

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I walk on my lunch hours to relieve stress just because I work in a high stress job. But I also love my Zumba classes because they are great stress relievers.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I run through the woods like a wild man.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I go for a run...........just listening to the rhythm of your footfalls and breathing has a hypnotic quality, for me it's very calming.
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I run through the woods like a wild man.

JAJAAA That sound like fun!!! I used to do something similar in my backyard when I was kid!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    taking 3 hours and my camera to run out past the verrazano towards coney island, or the same but starting in Coney Island and running along the beach.

oh... do want.

Unless its a pissed off stress, then its shadow boxing or to the gym for weights.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love playing Just Dance 3.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado, so I run in the mountains. The foothill trails are nice, but sometimes quite crowded, so I drive west and hit some of the less travelled trails. Pushing as hard a I can to the top of a monster hill or mountain and then the barely controlled flight back down. Love it.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Doing heavy hard *kitten* squats, so the world can see my good side! :drinker:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Masturba.....I mean basketball.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of cherries and then have like an hour-long BM. Quite the workout. Blood, seat and tears.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Definitely a Combat/kickboxing class...
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of cherries and then have like an hour-long BM. Quite the workout. Blood, seat and tears.

I love cherries! Cherries are the best fruit.
  • twk65
    twk65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Turning on my fave music and dancing like no one is watching. :happy:
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Krav Maga!! Nothing like punching a heavy bag or getting out of a choke hold!!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing works best for me... just something about punching another person definitely takes the edge off. :devil:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like the thunder of hoofbeats on sand to drown out all the bullsh!t in your head.

Resting I burn 1.3 cals/min.

Galloping on the beach I burn about 7 cals/min.

3357256142_26579b8d24.jpg

* not me
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    run. run, run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run. run.

run. run. run. run . run.

sleep.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Running... and I always end up breaking one of my own records (time, distance) if I go out running when I'm stress or p!ssed off!! :laugh:
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i love ZUMBA!! SO DANCING@@ YES!! ALSO...CLEANING!!
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Kung Fu!