The two month six pack

Options
thebigcb
thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
Hi all

Anyone know if its possible?

Currently weigh 197pounds, 5ft 9" and using the little machine in the gym body fat of 26%. Last 3 weeks have lost 13pounds.

Despite my stats I can actually train quite hard. I find I develop muscle pretty quickly, I would say my biggest challenge would be shifting the fat.

Any good advise greatly appreciated

Replies

• FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I would say no, once you hit about 15% BF. your fat loss will drasticly slow down. But then again, I tried to limit my weight loss to 1 lb. per week and 2 lbs at most to preserve lean muscle ( I didn't want to be under 10% BF. but also look like Justin Bieber)
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Anyone know if its possible?

Currently weigh 197pounds, 5ft 9" and using the little machine in the gym body fat of 26%. Last 3 weeks have lost 13pounds.

Despite my stats I can actually train quite hard. I find I develop muscle pretty quickly, I would say my biggest challenge would be shifting the fat.

Any good advise greatly appreciated

You would have to have the proper workout routine and most of all DIET in place.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    So it'd be a massive ask then. I was thinking the body fat would be the key, and there diet. hmmmm, might be losing that bet
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Also, we can lose weight quickly or the first 2 - 3 weeks when we start dieting, then it slows down as it is mostly water weight that goes to begin with. The answer to your question is it depends how close you are to target now really.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Close? Not close at all

No problem doing the exercise part, I do core and abs a bit.
  • GWS83
    GWS83 Posts: 10
    Options
    in 2 months i would say this is possible.

but it will involve a strict diet and exercise. No cheat foods/alcohol and some form of cardio everyday, even if its a 20 min walk.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Close? Not close at all

No problem doing the exercise part, I do core and abs a bit.

I think more important than building the muscle is going to be reducing your body fat. Most people I know lose fat in their abs area slowest. You'd have to really dial in your diet to reduce your fat to get that 6-pack. All the core in the world won't make a difference if you don't do that.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Thats exactly what I was thinking would be the probelm ATLMEL. The weight loss, especially the deli belly.

Can do about 240 sit ups in different sets etc on any visit to the gym, its the diet that would have to change, along with keeping up the cardio
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    id suggest looking at new rules of lifting - alot of people seem to have alot of success with that as it incorporates diet and strength training and is geared to losing fat
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly what I was thinking would be the probelm ATLMEL. The weight loss, especially the deli belly.

Can do about 240 sit ups in different sets etc on any visit to the gym, its the diet that would have to change, along with keeping up the cardio
    Here's the thing. First, your six pack is made in the kitchen and not the gym. Second, You will not build any lean muscle by eating a t a deficit and cutting weight as fast as you plan on doing it, but you will lose it. ( if you do not implement some type of lifting program during your cut about 22% of your weight loss will be from lean muscle) Third, forget about the situps, they are a waste of time, do weighted ab exercises to strengthen your core.
  • GWS83
    GWS83 Posts: 10
    Options

Here's the thing. First, your six pack is made in the kitchen and not the gym. Second, You will not build any lean muscle by eating a deficit and cutting weight as fast as you plan on doing it, but you will lose it. ( if you do not implement some type of lifting program during your cut about 22% of your weight loss will be from lean muscle) Third, forget about the situps, they are a waste of time, do weighted ab exercises to strengthen your core.

^^ what he said^^
    you wont lose bodyfat doing hundreds of sit ups every night. Your best off hitting them 2 or 3 times a week. I only do mine twice a week but when i do them i hit them hard with weights.
    like i said previously, if you stick to a good healthy diet coupled with plenty of cardio (HIIT works best) you will get abs but it will have to be strict.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise guys, I'll take it on board. Much appreciated. From what you are all saying, the diet is the real key, and if I was to try and drop the body fat that quickly i'd be doing more damage than good.

And I should point out, I do some weights at the gym, chest, arms, legs shoulder, nothing heavy. And I know I can;t "target wait lose to an area".
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Diet is the key... I gotto my profile picture in 12 weeks but that was working my *kitten* off!!
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me. I'm just creepin this thread because of all the bare chested men's pics. :blushing:
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    And I should point out, I do some weights at the gym, chest, arms, legs shoulder, nothing heavy. And I know I can;t "target wait lose to an area".

You'll want to start lifting heavy, then.
    Scrap the 240 ab exercises, too. Completely unnecessary.

But yep, as above - it's all about the diet.
  • DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Reading*
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Ab's are built in the kitchen. What is your example daily diet?
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    And what is an exercise routine that can be followed to obtain them?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    2 months, so roughly 8 weeks or so? Seems unobtainable to me
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Ab's are built in the kitchen. What is your example daily diet?

Hit and miss at the moment. Obviously having a body fat of around 26%(it was near 28/29 4 weeks ago) I am pretty new to this.

Learning slowly about the correct diet as I go. From talking with friends(who are built similar to yourself) they are pointing out what I need to improve on. T

I ain;t a fan of lifting heavy weights, I tend to bulk up very quickly