OMG WHY DID I DO THAT!

Options
yup. I did it. I just ate that sub. I feel guilty. and sick.
Your stomach really does shrink, I remember when i could have KILLED that sub.
Now I feel sick as a dog. And guilty. And I know I'm going to pay for it tomorrow.
CRAP!

Replies

• LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. We all have moments of weekness. Most important thing to do is to learn from this. Log it, acknowledge it and move on and most importantly remember how crappy it makes u feel then the next time temptation arises u can remember how it made u feel after eating it. Tomorrow is a new day to eat better :)
  • bfairlamb
    bfairlamb Posts: 31
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying. Hard to not feel like ur failing, though.
    I think what I just did was a little emotional eating. But I've deprogrammed myself, and now instead of feeling better, i feel guilty...
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying. Hard to not feel like ur failing, though.
    I think what I just did was a little emotional eating. But I've deprogrammed myself, and now instead of feeling better, i feel guilty...

I was an emotional eater when I started 2 years ago. The most important thing is to realize that when eating when not hungry and not allow yourself to do it. I've been able to change my ways and now instead of grabbing food I exercise. When things get tense I need to move. Better than stuffing my face to a point of feeling gross. Don't dwell on it too much, just recognize it and figure out what triggered it so u don't do it again :)
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    Options
    The great thing about MFP is that you don't need to feel guilty about those moments of weakness. Because you can make up for it over the course of the week when you're feeling stronger willed and able to look back at today as a blip.
    x
  • mfchiumento
    mfchiumento Posts: 32
    Options
    Guilt is not going to help, but remembering the way you feel now will, that way you won't do it again. I did the same thing yesterday with pizza. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Go exercise to burn the calories (or at least some of them). Or make a note to make up for it later this week.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a NSV in a way......you can't eat that much any more! Your stomach has shrunk! Tomorrow is another day!
  • bfairlamb
    Options
    Good Idea :) though not right before bed, I should probably try to work it off tomorrow, considering.
    Yay for an extra 30 mins of cardio!!!
    Also, What does NSV stand for?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    yup. I did it. I just ate that sub. I feel guilty. and sick.
    Your stomach really does shrink, I remember when i could have KILLED that sub.
    Now I feel sick as a dog. And guilty. And I know I'm going to pay for it tomorrow.
    CRAP!

You did it because you're human and you haven't ended the "eating to feel better" habit. Don't turn this into a cycle of feeling bad about eating turns to eating more, etc (been there, not a nice place).

Learn from it, exercise off some of the calories, and move on. You won't be the only one today to make a mistake. Be one of the ones who picks yourself back up, dusts yourself off, and takes tomorrow as another day, another opportunity.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    uneat it!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing Sunday with ice cream. :( moved on and hope to remember the feeling next time.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    NSV is a non-scale victory, any sort of sign that you are reaching your goals besides your weight.
  • bfairlamb
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Thank u guys for ur support.
    And thanks for that, that abbreviation was driving me nuts lol
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I do this too, everyone does.... just remember that feeling for next time :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Girl.....I feel the same way! I had my first cheat day yesterday and afterwards I felt absolutely miserable. I was soooooooooo full! I don't feel bad about it because it was a cheat day, but I know that I don't want to do that again! I don't want to feel like that again! My next cheat day, I know I will do things differently. I even brought up to my boyfriend, instead of cheat days being about food, I will do something different like buy a new piece of clothing.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol, what did you get a footlong or something?
  • 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just ate 2 pieces of pizza and 2 chicken fingers and I feel sick and guilty. Just went for another walk to put me up over 10 miles today and I still feel like crap. Hang in there! :(
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Here is something that I just posted on my home page. hope it helps. We've all been there.

"finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day. you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -emerson

Best of luck on your journey,
    Andrea
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just a little blip on the radar buddy! Don't you dare let this be a reason to backslide!! I've done that way too often.
  • annakristi86
    Options
    well.... i just ate two ice cream sandwiches instead of one i planned to... now i dont have calories left for dinner... i felt so angry and upset with myself that i almost went on a bige like "oh what the hell may as well be bad all the way"... luckily i stopped myself.... i realize that im here to change my habits and bad habits are hard to break so i will not scolde myself over it but try to learn and remember how i felt next time... i will still have dinner if im hungry even if i have to go over my calories.... i wanna make long-term changes so i will try to have a perspective and not let one short term fail be detrimental to my long-term goals.... good luck there