Hey Ladies: Make-up??

Options

Replies

• jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Burt Bees Tinted Lip Balm. It's $7 but it's basically lip stick that moisturizes like Burt Bees chap stick. AWESOME.

^^^Stuff is the best. I don't really wear lipstick so this is perfect for just a little color. Eye make up I usually go with Mac. I don't wear a ton so it lasts me a long time. My friends were just teasing me because they realized I have the same compact and eye shadow I had 5 years ago.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love the good old pink and green great lash mascara in Very Black. Stands the test of time.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    zzzzzzz.......................
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I love the good old pink and green great lash mascara in Very Black. Stands the test of time.

this is actually the # 1 mascara out there - by maybelline....
    as for me cover girl / maybelline eyeshadow
    lancome and clinique for blush....
    oil of olay every day! and i look 10 years younger than my actual age!
    9 glasses of water / skim milk are great too - healthy inside = beautiful outside!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you have an ulta near you and like mineral makeup, their mineral makeup is AMAZING and compares amazingly to Bare Minerals for about $11 less...I'm currently using Maybelline FIT liquid and love it, for Mascara Maybelline Colossal Volume or Falsies (I switch between the two... I swear my eyes get used to the mascara I use and don't look as good after a few months) if you're like me and not as good with liquid eyeliner Maybelline has an awesome gel liner! For eye shadow I like Loreal H.I.P, the colors are awesome and it stays on your eyes for a long time. I also use an eye shadow primer to increase the wear of my eye shadow!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Cheap for me - Covergirl products
    If you are willing to spend more money then MAC - I mostly get MAC products :)

Ahhh MAC. My addiction :-)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I went to get some make-up today. I walked right in the store and walked right back out without anything! There were too many choices! I get some of my make-up from the mall, but I really can only afford a few things and will be shopping at depatment stores.
    I love Este Lauders Bi facial eye make up remover is my all time fav and although its almost 30 bucks I can't live without it.
    What are some of your cheap favorites and the products you simply could not live without?

I like neutrogena Brightening Eye Perfection to cover up circles and blemishes. Any of their coverups are good.

For the rest I buy things on sale at the drugstore. Little secret: many cosmetics are made in the same factories, so although packaging varies, often the products are the same from brand to brand.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara will change your life. It's insanely amazing, it looks like you are wearing fake lashes.

Makeup Forever HD Foundation is the best liquid foundation I have ever used.

And for fun blushes or eye shadows I like to see what MAC has out.
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    I really dont wear alot of makeup. But when I do, it's Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara or any Clinique mascara, and Philosophy tinted moisturizer. Theyre kind of expensive but worth it!!!
  • miunoamore
    miunoamore Posts: 2
    Options
    I Like Mary Kay. But I have been known to experiment if I see a color that makes my eyes wonder will strolling through Ulta. Sssshhh! Don't let my MK Consultant know. LMBO!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I cannot live without mascara. I will buy every brand under the sun...lol I keep trying and trying for the 'miracle' mascara that will make my eyelashes look amazing. I might actually be one of those girls that just gives in and gets eye lash extenstions one day! hahaha
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Dollar store eyeliner/liplner, mascara, lip gloss and sometimes they have moisrturizers I like....othe than that my avon eye cream, love it :)

This ^ I use Mary Kay for the most part but they don't have nail polish so I bought some L.A. Colors nail polish at the dollar store and it lasts better than any I have used! Very impressed and will be going back for more :) My favorite, can't live without? Mary Kay day solution :)
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    I use cover girl true match foundation and have been for several years and I love it. As far as eye shadows go I buy mine from 5 below. I have bought expensive brands in the past but I don't see enough of a difference to spend several times as much on them. As far as makeup remover I use baby oil and a cotton swab.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My top budget faves are:

Maybelline Mascara in Ultra Black // Classic pink and green tube
    Maybelline Stiletto Liquid liner // I do a cat eye for special nights out
    Burts Bees tinted chapstick // way better than lipstick

Not so budget:

Mac studio fix foundation in powder form // I apply it with a bronzer brush for a really light layer of foundation. No need for pressed powder. It lasts a really long time too! Super bonus.

I love the eyeshadows from Sephora in their store brand too. They're inexpensive compared to something like MAC, and work really well. Great colors too.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    http://www.aloette.com/

this site has wicked makeup remover( $20CDN) and a 4 in 1 powder that hides EVERYTHING, about $20CDN really like the roll on eyeliner ($17CDN) too
    my fav mascara is Mabeline full and soft "very black" mascara, it never clumps, someone once didn't believe I was wearing it my lashes looked so real, 8.99 CDN

if you only get one thing from this list get the make up remover it is amazing, made mostly of aloe and oils, it does not sting at all (even if you get it in your eyes) and you wont believe how fast it is, it freaked me out the first time i used it
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals! I love their mineral foundations. My face feels so clean and fresh looking. I don't like caked or plastered on makeup. Bare Minerals has a more natural look.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    prestige mascara, revlon colorstay eyeliner.

bare minerals makeup and tarte blush. not cheap but lasts FOREVER.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to love estee lauder face cream, but would until they had the offers spend $70.00 and get free makeup, but I'm not working now and had to tighten the purse strings.

My mum who lives in the UK told me about Aldi face cream winning awards rated higher than the estee lauder one I used to use, so now I have swapped to the Aldi brand, and I am very happy with my purchase and it's nearly $50 bucks cheaper :happy:
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love maybelline falsies mascara. it's the one in the big purple tube, usually 6 bucks or so. it's my favorite. I also love Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer. I use it every single day, it's great. The shadow palates from forevery 21's makeup line, love&beauty are great and inexpensive. The forever 21 eyeliner is good too, although it can get kind of runny. For 1.50 it's great!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options