Ladies: guys with big calves like or hate?

Options
i ask this because i have huge calves
taught it was because of my weight when i started loosing weight i was 310 pounds
and my calves where 18 inches
now i am 252 and they are 20.5
so let me know your taughts hot mamas lol

Replies

• SherryLohr
    SherryLohr Posts: 18
    Options
    Honestly, I have never once checked out a mans calves. However my husband had big calves and they don't bother me. I think as long as your body flows together nicely you will be just fine. If you meet a girls that doesn't like you or want to be with you because of your calves, RUN AWAY FAST!! :) Are you happy with your calves?
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Big calves on a guy wouldn't bother me. I have pretty big calves for someone of my height/build so I'd prefer it lol :laugh:
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Never thought about it. I think too much is put on looks. I prefer a smart, funny man who doesnt stink lol. That being said, I think I would prefer big calves to chicken legs.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am ALLL OVER nice, meaty, thick legs. Nothing says "well built" like big calves, and big thighs. YUM!!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I think guys (and gals) should be proportional. If you have big arms with chicken legs or vice versa it just looks odd to me. I like muscular calves and appreciate them. The best part about summer is all the guys running in shorts. :)
  • ahatcher0905
    Options
    It is a big turn off to me..sorry it just doesn't look right
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol its ok respect your opinion with me it fits my body big upper body big lower body
    It is a big turn off to me..sorry it just doesn't look right
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have never heard one of my girlfriends ever comment on a guys calves, but every guy I know that works out seems to be obsessed with them. Shapely legs are nice to have no matter the gender, but I think the worry over big calves tends to be a personal thing guys have.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    big calves run in my family. my father had HUMONGOUS calves. i have grown used to them but on short men i do find it a little odd, especially if they arent fit on top. =] im sure it looks fine on you though! but its not everyones cup of tea.
  • mjanemorgan
    mjanemorgan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i prefer them, my husband has them from always playing football when he was younger, plus his build so I guess it's just if they match the rest of your body then either looks good! i think he'd say smaller ones though as buying jeans is sometimes difficult seeing as everywhere is selling skinny jeans now so there's not much he can buy!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well I have always been partial to good legs on a guy (perhaps cause mine are so chickeny) so yep, built up or just muscly thighs and calves are nice, but i agree with some of the other posters, its about proportion too. For example I saw a guy who really spent time and effort gaining and working out his upper bod, and it was great, but he still had his skinny guy chicken legs underneith, so though I may like particular parts, I personally think proportion overall makes all the sexy parts shine even better.

EDA: So I just stalked your pics, and there is nothing wrong with your calves!
  • Thinsposa
    Thinsposa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They've just got to be bigger than mine, that's all I ask.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    huge?? I pass.. Average Id say, that I can see he has been working out, but not huges ones.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think guys (and gals) should be proportional. If you have big arms with chicken legs or vice versa it just looks odd to me. I like muscular calves and appreciate them. The best part about summer is all the guys running in shorts. :)

^^^^this!! huge calves are yummm
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Makes absolutely no difference to me :]
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    /shrugs. I like muscular calves circumference doesn't mean that much if they are defined
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Man I would be grateful if i were you, calves are probably the most genetically pre-determined muscle of all and many guys have the opposite problem. They can get jacked up top and can't do anything about their chicken calves!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Depends on a few things. If it suits your frame, then it looks good. But if they protrude off of otherwise chicken legs then it's just hilarious looking. My mom used to date a bodybuilder and he had those big, wide muscled calves. I thought it looked extraordinarily silly. But then again, so did the rest of him. ;p

Here's the thing about calves. You can't de-muscle them unless they start to atrophy so, ultimately, just don't even worry about it. It's like being worried about the length of your fingers or the width of your teeth or something. If you can't change it (realistically) then put it out of your mind or learn to love it. :)

I can tell you this, though: women find confidence a jillion times sexier than any type of calf. :drinker:
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    I love well muscled big legs - strong thighs are hot. of course the rest of the body should match -
  • McGirrGrant
    McGirrGrant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like big calves!!! Looks good :)