Strenght Training at Home???

Options
13»

Replies

• cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv, amazing short workouts designed to do in the comfort of your home with great results. They just recently started adding more equipment but they also have modifications for those that don't have the equipment, (like me) but I've gotten results and that's what matters to me!! =)
  • kimber53171
    kimber53171 Posts: 16
    Options
    I like The FIRM workout which is designed FOR women. You would need 3, 5 and 8 lb. weights. You can buy their dvds in some stores, but the kits with the steps to use, etc. can only be purchased on their website now. It's www.firmdirect.com. I have the transFIRMer kit and it's great. I'm 40 years old and started doing it consistently in January and could see and feel results and definition in my arms within 5 workouts. They guarantee results within 10, but you'll see it MUCH sooner. It's a full body workout so you'll get ab work as well.
  • booboorocksout
    Options
    I love the yoga and Pilate's fusion video on netflix personally. You'll see more toning in a week and since your stretching too Ive noticed less back pain, muscle cramps and better posture.
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Marking :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!! Get the Chalean Extreme program, and some select tech dumbells if you can afford them. I am in month 3 of the program, and I LOVE the changes it has made to my body!

I just started ChaLean Extreme. I love it so far.
    I did have to buy a few free weights, but soooo worth it!
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMPING
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv ... free workouts and most of the exercises can be done without any equipment. tons of workouts archived at the site as well. They are all relatively short, but intense workouts. enjoy :)

also, you can go onto youtube and search for "bodyweight exercises" to find several different ones.

Here's one tabata-like routine to try at home. 24 total intervals (12 minutes long). Each interval consists of: (a) 20 seconds of work; (b) 10 seconds of well, different work or rest.

first 8 intervals: bodyweight squats for 20 seconds and then hold in down position for 10 seconds

next 4 intervals: push-ups for 20 seconds and then hold in up position for 10 seconds

next 8 intervals: full plank for 20 seconds and then side plank (alternating sides for each interval) for 10 seconds

final 4 intervals: burpees for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Check out this book called You Are Your Own Gym. It's all about strength training with body weight exercises. Pretty much all of the exercises work your core muscles (abs and back). My wife and I just finished week 1 of the beginner program and we're both very, very sore all over. But we also feel stronger after just a week.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332778217&sr=8-1

Excellent book. I did the beginner program, and have finished week 6 of the next level. Never thought I'd easily be doing pushups with my legs elevated... I have no equipment, but it's not needed. The results have been awesome.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    There is!! Righ now, i am doing one called Les Mills Pump and it is the best thing ever.. WELL AFTER INSANITY lol you can send me a message if you have any questions... So proud of you~

i just started les mills pump and i love it!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells!!! I am using Lauren Brooks Kettlebells for Women book and it is phenomenal. I am really building muscle and changing the shape of my body. The only equipment you need are kettlebells and maybe forearm guards (I use Kettleguards) - although you do have to keep buying heavier ones. I started with a 12 lb and a 25 lb, and need to buy another 25 lb and a 35 lb I think. (after only a month on this book and a few weeks on another DVD before that). Still, that's alot less than other weight lilfting routines. The dynamic movements of kettlebells work alot of muscles all at once and really work your core too.

Lauren Brooks also has DVD workouts. I just like doing it from a book myself. You can look up her stuff or others on the internet if you need further help with your form.
  • DemiRaye
    DemiRaye Posts: 37
    Options
    pushups, situps, planks, bicycle crunches, leg lifts, squats, lunges, donkey kicks, dead lifts...

you can google these exercises to view the steps/positions. there are many, many more, but i just mentioned a few that are relatively easy for me to do, but still give me significant results.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump :)