HELP working out and eating 1200 calories NO CHANGE

Options
I've been working out and burning about 400 calories every other day, and eating 1200 to 1300 calories a day for the past 21/2 weeks and I haven't seen any change. Does someone have a daily regiment they follow that I could steal from. Need instructing here I think? Please help, getting married in October and tired of looking the way I do.

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Can you share your food diary?
  • brenlynn23
    brenlynn23 Posts: 15
    Options
    BTW know it says 3 lbs. lost but that was before the 2 weeks ago. Before all the healthy eating and working out.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your doing good... I dont like calorie counting.. I track but its to keep track of what I am eating.. Are you drinking enough water and are you eating clean foods? Has lots to do with it.
  • brenlynn23
    Options
    how do I share it? under settings?
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    It really depends on your workouts and how intense they might be, but I would highly suggest looking at the "eat more to weigh less" discussion on here. :) It has worked for me! I was at a stand still and lowered my calories and worked out more but couldn't move the weight anywhere and I upped my calories and I have been steadily losing since. :) Good luck! And congrats on the wedding!
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE!!!! I was in the same boat and I started eating back at least 80% of my exercise calories and the weight fell off. Reached my goal weight and am still going. Try it.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's probably because on the days you are working out, you need to eat more. You aren't netting enough calories, I suppose, since you say you are only eating 1200 to 1300.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories!
  • hamiltonba
    Options
    yes - settings - scroll to the bottom and it gives you options for sharing.
  • vbdave
    vbdave Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Suggest you consider taking measurements while your body adjusts to the transformation. Keep on working out. It will come off.

Also, don't starve yourself. Eat frequent meals across the day to avoid binge eating and keep blood sugar stable.

d
  • brenlynn23
    Options
    I drink about 3 water bottles a day. This may be too much info, but I have to pee soooo bad after having just a little bit of water. Maybe need to address the issue with my doc. But for the most part I try to eat as fresh as possible.
  • hamiltonba
    Options
    Did you measure yourself before you started this journey? I would suggest you do that. I had a friend who gained 3 lbs, but it ended up being muscle - but she was measured for fat % after several months.
  • jstrong123
    jstrong123 Posts: 10
    Options
    1,200 is not enough to support exercise! Give this calculator a shot http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm - note even if you set it to 'Basal Metabolic Rate' (laying in bed all day every day not lifting a finger) it will more than likely show higher than 1,200.
  • hamiltonba
    Options
    When I first started - I had the same problem with water and the bathroom - I think it's normal.
  • brenlynn23
    Options
    Eat back my exercise calories...makes sense! THANK YOU! Was not doing that.
  • kdubose81
    kdubose81 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey I've been doing detox juice (distilled water,FRESH oranges,grapefruits&lemon) for 2 days 1 gallon per day then just fruits and veggies i am down 5 lbs since sunday !!! oh i ve also been drinking smooth move organic tea at night it really helps ... i burn about 500-900 calories per day my min is 500 calories if i am feeling lazy that day ... your doing great tho keep up the good work but if you wanna lose more watch your carb intake and work out a little more .... GOOD LUCK :)
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    You're doing well!!! Keep going, it took about a month before my numbers started to drop. I'm 5'2 I was 150. I worked out 5 days/week and stayed at 1200 cals a day. Sometimes if I was still not satisfied after dinner I'd allow myself 'dessert' like a skinny cow ice cream bar but I always stayed under my calorie goal for the day. I cheat meal a week.
    Also incorporate weight training if you can. 2 days weights, 3 days cardio. Keep going, don't give up!
  • brenlynn23
    Options
    Gosh, thank you for all your responses. SO nice to see all your helpful information. Will start measuring myself, and eating back my burnt off calories. Also, should I continue lifting weigths? I do chest press, leg press, and 10 pound weights with lunges??
  • hamiltonba
    Options
    I would definitely keep lifting.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know your stats but it sounds to me that you need to eat more. Go to www.fat2fitradio.com and determine your BMR and make sure you eat that number PLUS your exercise calories as a minimum.
    I would definitely do weight training 2-3 times a week.

All the best and keep up the good work!