The Post-Baby Platform: Getting back to work!

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
By work, I mean getting to work on our bodies but it could also mean those juggling a job AND new baby! :wink:

Hi guys! :happy:

Being part of the "Preggo Platform" for the duration of my pregnancy, I wanted to start a thread to help motivate those that have had a baby or will soon and need that extra motivation to get back to work on their healthy lifestyles.

As of today, I am twelve days postpartum. I am trying to wait until my 6 week check-up to really know where my new starting point is. With all the craziness following the birth of a new baby (including figuring out how to nurse and care for the new baby plus my three year old), I am trying to go easy on myself and not expect TOO much yet! I can't even work out well until 6-8 weeks because of the c-section.

So, just wanted to get this thread started. Hopefully it can give that extra support to those in the same position and if you aren't pregnant and just want the motivation of women who ARE successful with pregnancy and with getting their bodies back, feel free to join in as well!

:flowerforyou:
-Tam

Replies

• TamTastic
    This is from this past Tuesday, September 14th. 10 days postpartum. I haven't weighed yet but I think I have about 20 lbs of work to do to get back to my pre-preggo weight. I just feel too soft! I think being able to work out again will help a lot!! :wink:

PicsinSeptember055-1.jpg
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    I am TRYING to loose my baby weight, so I am excited about this topic! Let's keep each other motivated.

Congrats on your new arrival! My baby is 6 months now :noway: I also had a CSection and I do recommend that you WAIT! I started walking around 4 weeks post-pardom and I had the most severe cramping...your body needs that time to heal, not to mention your little one needs those calories that you would burn exercising. (Breastfeeding burns about 500 calories a day!!!)
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Tami - I'm in with you! I'm not pregnant, but actually hoping to get pregnant in the next few months!

I think you look fantastic and I couldn't agree more that you need to be patient and give yourself time to recover #1 and get into your new routine and lifestyle now with baby #2!

I just thought I would share that I am officially down 10 pounds today. 10 pounds since August 17th - I'm so super proud of myself! I have a little less than 6 weeks until my 30th birthday and I'm hoping to get under 150 as my birthday present to myself. I currently weigh 157.

So are you going to wait until 6 weeks post-partum before weighing in? If you can hold off I think that's an excellent idea! I think you'll have lots of changes right now, especially since you are nursing. You may drop the extra weight faster than you think.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you gain during your pregnancy?
  • TamTastic
    I am TRYING to loose my baby weight, so I am excited about this topic! Let's keep each other motivated.

Congrats on your new arrival! My baby is 6 months now :noway: I also had a CSection and I do recommend that you WAIT! I started walking around 4 weeks post-pardom and I had the most severe cramping...your body needs that time to heal, not to mention your little one needs those calories that you would burn exercising. (Breastfeeding burns about 500 calories a day!!!)
    Hey jdubard, welcome!! And congrats on your 6 month old! :)

You are right. It is important to take it easy for a bit after giving birth and this thread can help do that as well. I get too tempted to get busy too fast and it's not a good thing! I guess having the drive and motivation is good but we mothers sometimes need that voice of reason to tell us to slow down when necessary too! :wink:
  • JessiJean
    Lisa: I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy :noway: All that while walking at least 2 miles a day!
  • I had a baby 10 months ago, and it took a while for my body to get back to normal. I think you look amazing!! I also had a c-section and I couldn't work out until my baby was 2 months old or so. But I did walk and that helped me a lot. I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy and lost 30 right away. The last 20 I had to work for. This website helped me so much. I'm back to my pre baby weight but I still need to tone up and loose more weight. Breast feeding helped a lot too because it burns lots of extra calories. I think you are doing great!! you'll see in a couple of months your body will shrink back to your pre baby weight. Keep it up!!
  • TamTastic
    Tami - I'm in with you! I'm not pregnant, but actually hoping to get pregnant in the next few months!

I think you look fantastic and I couldn't agree more that you need to be patient and give yourself time to recover #1 and get into your new routine and lifestyle now with baby #2!

I just thought I would share that I am officially down 10 pounds today. 10 pounds since August 17th - I'm so super proud of myself! I have a little less than 6 weeks until my 30th birthday and I'm hoping to get under 150 as my birthday present to myself. I currently weigh 157.

So are you going to wait until 6 weeks post-partum before weighing in? If you can hold off I think that's an excellent idea! I think you'll have lots of changes right now, especially since you are nursing. You may drop the extra weight faster than you think.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you gain during your pregnancy?
    Hi! Welcome!

First, congrats on your success so far! That is great!:drinker: :flowerforyou: And an excellent birthday present!

I might wait until 6 weeks to weigh. Clothes are a good indicator of what your body is doing too! :tongue:

I gained about 30 by the end. I maintained the last few weeks.
  • LisaC1026
    Tami - so how is your new little man doing? How's big brother adapting to his new role? :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Hello everyone,

I have an 8 month old, a 6 year old and a 15 year old (yes huge gaps between my kids) Tami stick to nursing for as long as you can. I nursed my 3 kids; my 8 month old I nursed the longest (6 months) I lost most of my baby weight in as little as 2 to 3 months I believe nursing had a lot to do with the weight loss.

Soooo I went on vacation last month and gained 5 lbs :0(. I would love to loose at least 20 pounds, I just want to feel comfortable with myself. I started going to the gym with my husband the last week in August and I'm watching what I eat, I'll be joining a Zumba class next week......lets see what happens. I'm really exited and determined to loose this weight.
  • TamTastic
    I had a baby 10 months ago, and it took a while for my body to get back to normal. I think you look amazing!! I also had a c-section and I couldn't work out until my baby was 2 months old or so. But I did walk and that helped me a lot. I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy and lost 30 right away. The last 20 I had to work for. This website helped me so much. I'm back to my pre baby weight but I still need to tone up and loose more weight. Breast feeding helped a lot too because it burns lots of extra calories. I think you are doing great!! you'll see in a couple of months your body will shrink back to your pre baby weight. Keep it up!!
    Welcome Ella!! :flowerforyou: Congrats on reaching your pre-baby weight!! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Tami - so how is your new little man doing? How's big brother adapting to his new role? :happy: :flowerforyou:
    My new little guy is doing great and J.T. is a very proud big brubber!! :wink: :happy:

Things are falling into a routine now! :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Hello everyone,

I have an 8 month old, a 6 year old and a 15 year old (yes huge gaps between my kids) Tami stick to nursing for as long as you can. I nursed my 3 kids; my 8 month old I nursed the longest (6 months) I lost most of my baby weight in as little as 2 to 3 months I believe nursing had a lot to do with the weight loss.

Soooo I went on vacation last month and gained 5 lbs :0(. I would love to loose at least 20 pounds, I just want to feel comfortable with myself. I started going to the gym with my husband the last week in August and I'm watching what I eat, I'll be joining a Zumba class next week......lets see what happens. I'm really exited and determined to loose this weight.
    Hey, welcome! You can definitely lose the weight!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: I want to try Zumba myself!
  • JessiJean
    I heard that Zumba was fun and would like to try it... I don't know when I would have time to though :laugh:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Well, my daughter is 18 months old and I'm back to my pre-prego weight but not size yet. Can I join too? Please. :wink: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    Well, my daughter is 18 months old and I'm back to my pre-prego weight but not size yet. Can I join too? Please. :wink: :wink: :flowerforyou:

Of course! :flowerforyou:

I have a friend who does Zumba and she loves it! I haven't tried it yet, but I am doing the Slim in 6 program by Beachbody and I LOVE it! I feel that I'm getting GREAT results (I've lost 10 pounds in one month...I can't complain)
  • busymom74
    Well so far I've lost the weight of my little girl. lol It's so wierd to think that!!
  • busymom74
    bumping to get this back to the top. :happy:
  • TamTastic
    Hi Busymom! Welcome! :happy:

Like I said..even women who aren't pregnant or losing baby weight and want motivation are welcome here! :tongue: :wink:

I am in that weird stage of nursing and making sure to eat ENOUGH but not cross the line into pigging out! I eat so healthy a lot that I need to eat quite a bit. I find myself splurging on higher calorie treats here and there to make sure I'm getting enough. I need to just settle into a routine, I guess. Hey, my son is 2 weeks old today, I guess I have a bit of an excuse to not have everything perfect quite yet huh?? :laugh:

How is everyone on this beautiful September day?? High of 73 here with sunny/blue skies!! AHHHH!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    bumping to get this back to the top. :happy:
    :laugh: :laugh: we were posting at the same time!! Great minds! :wink:
  • JessiJean
    I ran 3 miles without stopping yesterday on my lunch break! Horrayyyyy for me :laugh: I am getting more toned and I am excited about that :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.