Diet pills

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In the end all I really want is to be healthy. I have a 15 month old baby girl that I want to be around as long as possible for. I want to have more children and actually look pregnant. I don't want the looks when I am pregnant, you know the ones, is she pregnant or just fat? Yeah I got those ALL THE TIME! I never looked pregnant, just fatter and I missed out. I want to wear cute clothes and look good! I want to wear a pair of jean and not have seven layers lay over the waistband.
    You want to be healthy. Do things that are healthy?
  • cassienp
    cassienp Posts: 36
    Options
    In the end all I really want is to be healthy. I have a 15 month old baby girl that I want to be around as long as possible for. I want to have more children and actually look pregnant. I don't want the looks when I am pregnant, you know the ones, is she pregnant or just fat? Yeah I got those ALL THE TIME! I never looked pregnant, just fatter and I missed out. I want to wear cute clothes and look good! I want to wear a pair of jean and not have seven layers lay over the waistband.

I'm trying! I have actually never really dieted in my life. I never had a reason to want to be healthy before my daughter. I've always been the depressed person that looks for ways to end it all you know. Once she came around I found something to live for and I really want to be healthy as long as I live.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I'm trying! I have actually never really dieted in my life. I never had a reason to want to be healthy before my daughter. I've always been the depressed person that looks for ways to end it all you know. Once she came around I found something to live for and I really want to be healthy as long as I live.
    Ditch the laxatives, ditch the diet pills, ditch the majority of the protein drinks and learn how to eat healthy. You're setting yourself up for heart problems with this situation.
  • cassienp
    Options
    The diet pills have been gone for weeks and I haven't taken a senna in a long time. The protein shakes I drink to help keep me from eating because if I didn't have the shakes I would be eating much worse so they do help that much.
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! you sound so upset!! I hate it for you that you spent all that money that can be so stressful! I deal with depression and that really affects my eating... perhaps you could speak with a dr who will discuss your diet and a counselor to work out emotional issues and things could start working out for you. I know that costs even more money but perhaps you can do some digging online and find some free resources. I just don't want you to give up! you've got great goals and a great motivation (your child) and it would be awful if you gave up because of this bumpy start. there's alot of overwhelming and contradicting information out there but i hope that with time you are able to sort through it all! I wish I could give you something more solid, but right now I just have encouragement to give! I would hug you if I could! hang in there and I wish you the best!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    The diet pills have been gone for weeks and I haven't taken a senna in a long time. The protein shakes I drink to help keep me from eating because if I didn't have the shakes I would be eating much worse so they do help that much.
    Okay, I don't know what "help" you want, so best of luck for now.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to cook hon? I'm not being snarky, I'm really curious, because there is so much processed food in your diet? If you dont, it would really help you. For the same caloric intake I had tacos for lunch today, pot roast for dinner, and even had a dessert.
  • cassienp
    Options
    Hang in there!! you sound so upset!! I hate it for you that you spent all that money that can be so stressful! I deal with depression and that really affects my eating... perhaps you could speak with a dr who will discuss your diet and a counselor to work out emotional issues and things could start working out for you. I know that costs even more money but perhaps you can do some digging online and find some free resources. I just don't want you to give up! you've got great goals and a great motivation (your child) and it would be awful if you gave up because of this bumpy start. there's alot of overwhelming and contradicting information out there but i hope that with time you are able to sort through it all! I wish I could give you something more solid, but right now I just have encouragement to give! I would hug you if I could! hang in there and I wish you the best!!

Sometimes all you ever need is a hug :flowerforyou:
  • cassienp
    Options
    Do you know how to cook hon? I'm not being snarky, I'm really curious, because there is so much processed food in your diet? If you dont, it would really help you. For the same caloric intake I had tacos for lunch today, pot roast for dinner, and even had a dessert.

No I don't know how to cook lol. Even if I did I wouldn't have time to cook... ok I take that back yes I could cook on tuesday and have food for everyday I work but ..... ahhh nothing else just but.
  • Susabelle64
    Options
    The pot roast I did tonight I did in a crock pot and didnt touch it all day. The tacos I made last night for dinner and took about 20 min. Although cooking once a week is not a bad idea either, but doesnt give you much flexibility. Sometimes I dont really know what I want, most of my meals can be prepared in 20 min or less. I am not working at the moment, but when I was, I also had a hard time, so I do get it. I think finding a way to prepare your own meals will help a lot. If you would like some ideas, shoot me a message and I am more than happy to share and be your friend on here to offer you support. I did the single mom thing for years, my daughter was diabetic at age 8 so I HAD to learn how to prepare healthy meals quickly.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You need to take charge of your own health. Stop the pills. Stand up to your docs, and put your foot down. Eat real food and a balanced diet and get moving. I didn't see where you had any exercise, and this is important for keeping you healthy. I realize with 140 lbs to lose it's not easy to do things, but do what you can. Walk, move, get going.

You can't live like this forever, and you know that full well. Doctors generally don't know crap about proper nutrition except in special cases like diabetes. If you have a medical issue that can prohibit eating normally, then definitely seek some help with setting up a diet plan, but if not work on eating whole quality homecooked foods and eat at the calorie deficit setup my MFP. The weight will come off, and you'll be so much happier.

Cooking is not so bad, and there's tons of easy quick things you can make for yourself if you look around. You might even come to like it. Good luck to you! I know you can do it!

EDIT: The Joy of Cooking is still one of the best beginner cookbooks out there. I highly suggest picking it up and reading it. Lots of good easy recipes and cooking tips for newbies.
  • cassienp
    Options
    The pot roast I did tonight I did in a crock pot and didnt touch it all day. The tacos I made last night for dinner and took about 20 min. Although cooking once a week is not a bad idea either, but doesnt give you much flexibility. Sometimes I dont really know what I want, most of my meals can be prepared in 20 min or less. I am not working at the moment, but when I was, I also had a hard time, so I do get it. I think finding a way to prepare your own meals will help a lot. If you would like some ideas, shoot me a message and I am more than happy to share and be your friend on here to offer you support. I did the single mom thing for years, my daughter was diabetic at age 8 so I HAD to learn how to prepare healthy meals quickly.

Thanks so much!! I would love some help! I sent you a friend request so any recipes or anything that can help please send my way.
  • cassienp
    Options
    You need to take charge of your own health. Stop the pills. Stand up to your docs, and put your foot down. Eat real food and a balanced diet and get moving. I didn't see where you had any exercise, and this is important for keeping you healthy. I realize with 140 lbs to lose it's not easy to do things, but do what you can. Walk, move, get going.

You can't live like this forever, and you know that full well. Doctors generally don't know crap about proper nutrition except in special cases like diabetes. If you have a medical issue that can prohibit eating normally, then definitely seek some help with setting up a diet plan, but if not work on eating whole quality homecooked foods and eat at the calorie deficit setup my MFP. The weight will come off, and you'll be so much happier.

Cooking is not so bad, and there's tons of easy quick things you can make for yourself if you look around. You might even come to like it. Good luck to you! I know you can do it!

Thanks for the luck! I hope I can do it. I feel like the little engine that could only Im falling backwards down a giant mountain.... I think I can I think I can......
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Thanks for the luck! I hope I can do it. I feel like the little engine that could only Im falling backwards down a giant mountain.... I think I can I think I can......

There are people on here who have lost over 300 lbs. They aren't so different from you. They just made serious changes over time and didn't give up. Don't give up.

Just keep trying, and you'll get there.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    Cassie, I think you said you were a nurse. I assume they teach you some basics about taking care of a human body in the classes you took. So here's a suggestion. Take that knowledge and the knowledge you've gleaned from this thread/this site and pretend that you are giving advice to your daughter who has the same issue you do. What will you tell her? That's some good advice maybe - why don't you try taking it. You can cook - and if you can't you can certainly follow directions and learn. Get a crockpot and try it...You can move...get off your bumm and do it....you can make a thousand excuses - which you are really good at, by the way. Here's the thing until you let go of the excuses - you won't do the things you need to do to really and truly lose weight. Instead of typing a response to me - just go outside and walk around your block (and so help me if you say you don't have a block to walk around....)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Cassie, I think you said you were a nurse. I assume they teach you some basics about taking care of a human body in the classes you took. So here's a suggestion. Take that knowledge and the knowledge you've gleaned from this thread/this site and pretend that you are giving advice to your daughter who has the same issue you do. What will you tell her? That's some good advice maybe - why don't you try taking it. You can cook - and if you can't you can certainly follow directions and learn. Get a crockpot and try it...You can move...get off your bumm and do it....you can make a thousand excuses - which you are really good at, by the way. Here's the thing until you let go of the excuses - you won't do the things you need to do to really and truly lose weight. Instead of typing a response to me - just go outside and walk around your block (and so help me if you say you don't have a block to walk around....)

Totally agree with this.

You either make excuses or you make progress. Your choice.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

<moderator edited>

<moderator edited>
  • cassienp
    Options
    Ok no im not being a bi*** and no I don't know anything about diet or nutrition. Yes I am a nurse and I take care of other people but I've never taken care of myself so I am trying to start. So please don't be rude. Thank you people for what support you have offered me but if people can only be rude to me I will not continue posting in here.
  • Susabelle64
    Options
    I think you can find some support on here Cassie so dont walk away. There is a section on recipes and if you want to learn how to cook, you can. The Joy of Cooking is a great learning cook book. There are also a lot crock pot recipes on here. Super easy, healthy way to eat with little fuss. Plus leftovers for lunch the next day :) win win
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've taken a couple of adipex and to me they are no more effective than a cup of strong coffee.

I don't see too much protein in your diet. I do see a diet that would be very hard for many to stick with- It's a strange mix of food. I'd attempt to replace the liquid shakes with healthy solid food to see if that helps your control your hunger. Chicken breast, egg whites, 93% ground beef, and nonfat greek yogurt have similar protein content per calorie as most whey powders and are more satisfying. I grill a dozen breasts at a time and keep them ready to go in the fridge. Adding fiber and (healthy) fat would likely be helpful to help control your hunger also. The fiber one cereal (the one that looks like rabbit food) is high fiber considering it's calorie content. A bowl of that with just a small amount of milk and a cup of egg whites would give you probably over 30 grams of protein and almost the same amount of fiber in around 300 calories. You can buy ready to eat steam in the bag veggies at most grocery stores.

I love the junk food too, but when you have a strict calorie budget there is isn't much room for nutty bars, cookies, and fruit juice. Juice is not that good for you, I might suggest you eat the orange instead of drinking the juice. You will find you appetite will be easier to control if you cut the high GI index carbs out.