I mix my protein powder with...

Options

Replies

• carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder, frozen banana, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk......all time favorite!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    BuMp
  • nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We do the GNC chocolate flavored with ice, skim milk, a banana, and 2 tbls peanut butter. It's pretty good but I hate having the extra calories and fat from the peanut butter, so I'm interested to see what others have to say as well.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I don't do sodas any more, but if you do, I think vanilla in diet orange soda is amazing -- tastes like a creamsicle!

Ok, that sounds awesome :) I don't drink much soda these days, but that definitely sounds worth a try!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I use a very grassy vegan protein powder and I find this completely masks it in shakes:

1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
    1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    A medium banana
    1 tbsp. peanut butter
    2 squares Hershey's Dark Chocolate (from the 1.45 oz. bar)
    1/4 tsp. stevia (optional)
    Dash salt

I blend it all up and freeze it for 30 minutes then re-blend and drink. When I have time, I just slice up a banana, lay it out on a dish, freeze it before hand and I can skip the re-freezing step altogether.
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have never really been into using protein powder but can anyone tell me the benefits of putting it into your body. Do you do it before a workout/ after a workout? Can you all give me some info on protein powder.

when you find out can you let me know?

LOL No one is answering this question in here. I guess Ill have to post it somewhere else.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I just started... but i usually do fresh / frozen fruit, choc/van powder, a little milk and then low fat vanilla yogurt in a blender. YUMMM!!!
    me too...
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree... I am not a fan of protein shakes, but I LOVE these!

Oatmeal and peanut butter (this is usually what I have for breakfast, yum)
    Greek yogurt and cereal
    Milk and cereal

And I like to sprinkle protein powder on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... it adds an interesting texture and tasty chocolatey flavor! haha
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Frozen dark cherries, teaspoon instant coffee powder, 2 teaspoons cocoa, chocolate protein powder (yea, I LOVE me some chocolate), and soy milk to cover. Whiz up in my bullet blender. This is breakfast EVERY morning. YUM.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have never really been into using protein powder but can anyone tell me the benefits of putting it into your body. Do you do it before a workout/ after a workout? Can you all give me some info on protein powder.

when you find out can you let me know?

LOL No one is answering this question in here. I guess Ill have to post it somewhere else.

Protein keeps you fuller (satiated) for longer
    It is recommended that you have protein at every meal - less impact on blood sugar levels
    Also, it aids muscle repair & recovery after weight lifting

I hope this helps....
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    I blend mine with plain yogurt, peanut butter, and banana and freeze it for frozen yogurt.

My current favorite way is to mix with a couple tablespoons of water, an egg white, and a tbs of chunky peanut butter and fry in a pan over very low heat as pancakes. Super convenient and so good!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt!

or a plain protein powder in any kind of thing you're baking
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use strawberry flavored and mix it with Lactaid 100% skim milk. Too hot for oatmeal, so I'll have to remember that, and bananas are on the grocery list. lol
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    my smoothies! Although now I'm tempted to put some in my morning tea (I use whey protein isolate, no flavour).
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP! new to whey!
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies using protien powder of vanilla flavour. Bannana, spinach, some fruits ( frozen or fresh), water, flax seed, and blend in my vitamix blender.

Good way to get in my fruits, greens and protiens.

Good luck and keep moving.
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies using protien powder of vanilla flavour. Bannana, spinach, some fruits ( frozen or fresh), water, flax seed, and blend in my vitamix blender.

I make green smoothies for breakfast, and add the protein powder. I usually do this:

Vanilla Latte Protein Shake

1 Tbs chia seeds
    1 Tbs freshly ground flaxseeds
    150g frozen raspberries
    150g frozen spinach
    2 teaspoons instant coffee
    1 to 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
    add water, sometimes ice cubes

You don't even taste the spinach! Other times, I leave out the coffee and add chilled green tea, or spiked waters

ETA: I forgot, sometimes I add stevia or xylitol... I have a bit of a sweet tooth...
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate Natural Unflavored....with cinnamon, & lemon juice.
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I make green smoothies for breakfast, and add the protein powder. I usually do this:

Vanilla Latte Protein Shake

1 Tbs chia seeds
    1 Tbs freshly ground flaxseeds
    150g frozen raspberries
    150g frozen spinach
    2 teaspoons instant coffee
    1 to 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
    add water, sometimes ice cubes

You don't even taste the spinach! Other times, I leave out the coffee and add chilled green tea, or spiked waters

ETA: I forgot, sometimes I add stevia or xylitol... I have a bit of a sweet tooth...

Nice, I also add acerola berry powder, wheat gress powder, spirulina powder and sometimes a dash of vitamin c powder. I wanted to keep it simple for most members. I love green smoothies.