Best exercise for butt and under...

Options

Replies

• christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think squats are the best. Also, I do this kickboxing workout and one segment uses hand weights while doing kicks and lunges. I swear my butt is smaller already. That one is 10 minute solutions kickboxing. It is on Netfix so if you have that you can use it for free.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely squats of all variety and lunges.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Get the butt bible.
    you wont regret it!
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do pelvic thrusts off the exercise ball. I sit on it like I'm going to do a crunch, then I slowly walk down so that it's just my head & shoulders on the ball. You have to adjust where your feet are so that when you push up, the ball doesn't come out from underneath you. But it really works the back of the legs & butt area. You can even take the racked weights, hold one on your stomach while you do them. It adds more resistance.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    "http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/hot-legs-exercises/?page=1

i did this yesterday, totally sore today! "

how long with it take for them to not be sore anymore? I did this yesterday and I could barely walk or sit down today. :frown: I wasn't thinking and I have dress rehearsal for my dance recital tmrw. Will it be gone by then? Or will it at least be gone by Saturday morning?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    "http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/hot-legs-exercises/?page=1

i did this yesterday, totally sore today! "

how long with it take for them to not be sore anymore? I did this yesterday and I could barely walk or sit down today. :frown: I wasn't thinking and I have dress rehearsal for my dance recital tmrw. Will it be gone by then? Or will it at least be gone by Saturday morning?

depends

how often do you normally exercise? Is this a normal routine? How much protein have you consumed to recover? How much water have you drank? How much sleep have you had?

You don't actually have to answer those questions but they are some of the factors.

Do some stretching and light recovery walk and drink lots of water.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Check out Brett Contreras blog... just google 'the glute guy', he has probably done the most butt-specific research out there.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    squats... and high jumps
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Actually, low bar squats are best because of the angle your back has to make with the floor. Squatting with an upright torso will put more stress on your knees and quadriceps, while low bar squats allow the stress to be taken by your lower back, glutes, and hamstrings.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Yup this....With heavy weights as well
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I do front squats super setted with lunges and then back squats super setted with lunges!
    My *kitten* is sore for days! :)

IT WORKS!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bridge lifts have not been mentioned? Lying on your back either on the floor or upper back just to your shoulder blades on a bench with two risers so your torso is parallel to the floor, knees bent, feet hip width. If you are on a bench you can add weight, a barbell or dumbells (up to 20 lbs or so) held right at the pelvis/top of thigh crease, lift your but up and down without arching your back. Do this for 3-4 minutes alternating pulses, and slowwww repetitions. Targets glutes and hammies specifically. Amazing!

Also, rollerblading!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Bridge lifts have not been mentioned? Lying on your back either on the floor or upper back just to your shoulder blades on a bench with two risers so your torso is parallel to the floor, knees bent, feet hip width. If you are on a bench you can add weight, a barbell or dumbells (up to 20 lbs or so) held right at the pelvis/top of thigh crease, lift your but up and down without arching your back. Do this for 3-4 minutes alternating pulses, and slowwww repetitions. Targets glutes and hammies specifically. Amazing!

Also, rollerblading!

That was the vid I posted earlier. Bret Contreras one :)
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Romainian deadlift...holy toledo they work!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts, wall sits!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Squats...squats...and more squats!

Single leg sit backs.....

Step ups....lunges.....deadlifts....kickboxing....running....walking (especially hiking)....hip extensions....
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Squats, sumo squats, and lunges! :D

I agree...Sumo squats are the best!! also ballet squats, because it gets all around your underside ;)